Get outside to enjoy live music this summer at parks throughout the city. There are free outdoor concerts around Columbus on various nights of the week that would make great outings for the family, a date, or with your friends.
If you know of any other free outdoor concerts around Columbus that should be listed, please email email@example.com.
Sunday Outdoor Concerts
- Sundays at Scioto: June 10-July 29 Sunday evenings at 7 p.m. in the Scioto Park amphitheater, 7377 Riverside Dr., in Dublin. Blankets and lawn chairs are recommended. Donations are accepted.
- Pickerington Summer Concert Series: Sundays at Sycamore Creek Park Amphitheater from 7-8:30 pm from June 3 – July 29
- Concerts on the Green in Worthington Sundays at 7 p.m. through mid-August. Village Green at the corner of High Street and Dublin-Granville Road.
- Hilliard Summer Concert Series: Sundays at 7 pm at Norwich St. Gazebo, unless otherwise noted. There are concerts on several other dates; check the schedule for more information. June 17-August 26
- Whitehall Music in the Park: Sundays at John Bishop Park at 6 pm from June 3 – August 12 (except July 1); except a few which are starting early for special early activities.
- North Columbus Civitan Park of Roses: Sundays at 7 pm at the Gazebo in the Park of Roses from May 20 -September 2. Concerts will move to the Shelter House for inclement weather. Free snow cones are available most nights beginning in June.
- Sounds of Summer Concert Series: Sunday at 6:30 pm at Alum Creek Amphitheater from June 10 – August 19
Monday Outdoor Concerts
- Lolli-Pops! Summer Children’s Concert Series on Mondays, once a month at 10:30 a.m. at the Village Green Amphitheater.
Tuesday Outdoor Concerts
- Music on the Lawn at Grandview Heights Public Library on Tuesdays in June and July from 7:30-8:30 pm. If unsure of the weather, call 614-486-2951 after 6 pm about possible cancellation .
Wednesday Outdoor Concerts
- “Sounds on the Town” Concert Series at Easton Town Square on Wednesdays, June 6 through August 29 from 6:00-9:00 p.m.
- Westerville Family Concert Series at Alum Creek Amphitheater on Wednesdays August 1 and 8 at 6:30 pm
Thursday Outdoor Concerts
- Celebration at the Station: Thursdays, 6:30-9:30 pm. June 7 through August 9 at Hilliard’s Station Park (exept July 5). Food trucks and Old Hilliard restaurants are available for dining. Water fountains turn off at 3 pm on concert days.
- Upper Arlington Music in the Parks: Thursdays, 7:00-8:30 p.m. June through July 19 at Sunny 95 Park, plus a special Friday Night Show on July 6.
- Downtown Live Summer Concert Series: Select Thursdays in July at Columbus Bicentennial Pavilion at Columbus Commons. The bar will open at 5 p.m. and the music will start at 5:30 p.m. Different food trucks will be on site each week to fill your bellies.
- Thursday Evening Concerts in the Park at Gallant Woods Preserve from 7- 8:30 pm July 5 through August 9. Bring chairs, blankets, and a picnic (no alcohol)
- Polaris Live Free Summer Concert Series: Thursdays from 6:30-9 pm June 22-August 10 at Polaris Lifestyle Center near Barnes & Noble and The Cheesecake Factory. Bring lawn chairs and blankets. Refreshments and adult beverages will be available for purchase.
- Lane Avenue Summer Concert Series: Thursdays from 7-9 pm, June 7-July 26 at The Shops on Lane Avenue. Bring a blanket and head to the courtyard for some great music.
- Heritage Music Festival Concert Series at King Lincoln District: Thursdays, July 12 and August 16, the Mt. Vernon corridor of the King Lincoln District. This free concert series will run each week from 6 – 9 p.m. (5:30-8:30 after August 9). Events are family-friendly with vendors, food court, and a nearby playground.
- Evenings on the Green at Ohio Village: Select Thursdays from 5-8 pm. Relax and enjoy live music and a short conversation about the history of different music scenes in Columbus. Explore Ohio Village, play 19th century games on the village green and try out some old-fashioned crafts. Grab dinner from a local food truck or bring a picnic dinner. Beer, wine and soft drinks will be for sale (no outside alcohol is permitted). Drinks and snacks will also be available for sale in the John Hauck Foundation Welcome Center store. Evenings on the Green is included with pay what you want admission. Ohio History Connection Members and children 3 and under are free.
- June 21 • The Relentless Mules
- July 19 • The Drowsy Lads
- Aug. 16 • S.C.A.T. Long Street Project
Friday Outdoor Concerts
- Gahanna Creekside Live: Second and fourth Fridays June 8 through August 24. Family friendly entertainment, dancing and adult beverage sales at Creekside, Gahanna. Opener starts at 6 p.m., headliner at 7:30 p.m.
- Rhythm on the River at Bicentennial Park Downtown: Select Fridays at 7:30 p.m. (June 1, August 3, and August 31) Food and beverage will be for sale starting at 6:30 p.m.
- Grove City Summer Sizzle Concert Series: Fridays, May 25-August 17 at 7 p.m. at the George Edge Music Park on Broadway, also featuring free family-oriented activities.
Saturday Outdoor Concerts
- PBJ and Jazz Free Summer Outdoor Kids’ Concerts on the 2nd Saturday of each month through September at Topiary Park from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m. Enjoy storytime, concert and picnic, and art activity.
- Jazz at the Amp: Select Saturdays at Alum Creek Park North Amphitheater, featuring local and national jazz artists.
Summer Sounds at Soine Vineyards: Select Saturdays at 6 pm through October 27
- June 30 – Kelly Vaughn
- July 7 – Ryan Craycroft
- July 14 – Honey Compass
- July 21 – Charlie Foxtrot
- July 28 – Morgan After
- August 4 – Triple Creek
- August 11 – The Rounders
- August 18 – Jim Volk
- September 8 – Kelly Vaughn
- September 15 – Charlie Foxtrot
- September 29 – Annie Hawe
- October 27 – Annie Hawe
Concert Series with Admission
The following concerts require admission, but are worth the extra money for a special outing.
- Popcorn Pops with Columbus Symphony Orchestra: Fun concerts for kids at Columbus Commons with lots of activities and play. Tickets are $10, and an outdoor movie will follow the concert at dusk.
- Picnic with the Pops at Columbus Commons: Featuring National acts, Picnic with the Pops is such a fun experience. Tickets start at $10-$25, but you can bring your own picnic and alcoholic beverages to enjoy, which makes it more affordable than the typical concert experience. Food and beverages are also available for purchase.
- JazZoo Concert Series at the Columbus Zoo: Tickets for these concerts with Columbus Jazz Orchestra are $35 and include admission to the Zoo all day before the concert.