Get the family to some water for National Fishing and Boating Week, a celebration of fishing and boating the first week of June every year. The week highlights the benefits of recreational boating and fishing, as well as preserving our country’s natural beauty.
Many states offer Free Fishing Days on select weekends to celebrate. Anglers of all ages are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a license. Free fishing days in Ohio are earlier in the year – May 4 and May 5, 2019. Check out the Take Me Fishing resources for Ohio, including top spots to fish, rules and regulations, and more.
Neighboring states have different free fishing days, so it’s the perfect chance to take a day trip for some fishing.
- West Virginia: June 8-9, 2019
- Kentucky: First full weekend in June. June 1-2, 2019
- Pennsylvania: May 26, and July 4 Independence Day
- Indiana: April 20, May 18, and June 1-2, 2019
- Michigan: Feb 16-17 and Second weekend in June 8-9, 2019
For a full list of participating states and dates, click here.