Get the family to some water for National Fishing and Boating Week, a celebration of fishing and boating the first week of June every year. The week highlights the benefits of recreational boating and fishing, as well as preserving our country’s natural beauty. Each state celebrates different weekends with free fishing days throughout the year.
Many states offer Free Days for Fishing on select weekends to celebrate. Anglers of all ages are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a license.
Free Fishing Days in Ohio
It’s free to fish in Ohio this year over Father’s Day Weekend – June 19-20, 2021– no fishing license required! Check out the Take Me Fishing resources for Ohio, including top spots to fish, rules and regulations, and more.
Free Days in Neighboring States
Neighboring states have different free days for fishing, so it’s the perfect chance to plan a day or weekend trip for some fishing.
- Michigan: Feb 13-14 and June 12-14
- Indiana: First Sunday in May, May 2; First weekend in June, June 5-6; and Sept 25
- Pennsylvania: Sunday before Memorial Day, May 30, and July 4 Independence Day
- Kentucky: First full weekend in June. June 5-6
- Ohio: Father’s Day Weekend, June 19-20
- West Virginia: June 12-13
For a full list of participating states and dates if you’re traveling, click here.
Other articles of interest
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio