Get the family to some water for National Fishing and Boating Week, a celebration of fishing and boating the first week of June every year.The week highlights the benefits of recreational boating and fishing, as well as preserving our country’s natural beauty. Each state celebrates different weekends with free fishing days throughout the year.
Many states offer Free Days for Fishing on select weekends to celebrate. Anglers of all ages are allowed to fish on public bodies of water without a license.
Free Fishing Days in Ohio
It’s free to fish in Ohio this year over Father’s Day Weekend – June 20-21, 2020 – no fishing license required! Check out the Take Me Fishing resources for Ohio, including top spots to fish, rules and regulations, and more.
Free Days in Neighboring States
Neighboring states have different free fishing days, so it’s the perfect chance to take a day or weekend trip for some fishing.
- West Virginia: June 13-14, 2020
- Kentucky: First full weekend in June. June 6-7, 2020
- Pennsylvania: Sunday before Memorial Day, May 24, and July 4 Independence Day
- Indiana: First Sunday in May, May 3rd; First weekend in June, June 6-7; and Sept 26, 2020
- Michigan: Feb 15 & 16 and June 13 & 14, 2020
For a full list of participating states and dates if you’re traveling, click here.
Other articles of interest
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio