Do you have a free or cheap event or deal coming up that you would like to add to our calendar? We may be able to add it to our events calendar for free!
We want our readers to know about ALL of the fun going on in Columbus and Central Ohio, so if we are happy to include events that are a good fit for our site. By submitting an event, you aren’t being guaranteed placement. Generally, if your event is a great fit for the site and you provide complete details with plenty of advance notice, we will add it to the calendar.
We typically only include free and cheap events on our calendar. Advertising is also available, which gives you preferred placement on the home page or on one our most popular posts, extended exposure, social media posts, and more benefits. If you are interested in advertising options, please check mark the advertising box in the form below, or email me at email@example.com.
We don’t have an exact definition of “cheap”, as it depends on the type of event and what is included with the cost of admission. If you are unsure whether it would qualify, feel free to submit the event or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Have a question about something else or want to find out about advertising at Columbus on the Cheap? Please send us an email!
Contact me by email: email@example.com
Tips for completing the “Submit an event” form:
- Write the event description as if the readers have never heard of your organization or the event before. You can never include too much – we will edit to the appropriate amount of detail.
- Using the form below, add all your event details and a good description. Try to write it in the 3rd person (avoiding words like “us” and “we”). Add as much helpful information as you can, like where to park, what to expect, what to bring, etc.
- You can attach a .jpg or .png image if you have one. Only include photos that you have the rights to share.
- If you have a whole series of events, feel free to email instead of using the form.
- Please give us plenty of notice before the event or deal. We prefer to have the information at least 2 weeks in advance, as the events calendar is just a small section of our website and doesn’t always receive priority publishing. You can provide the information as far in advance as you’d like.
- If details of the event change after you submit your deal, PLEASE contact us so we can make the corrections. Readers get upset with us when the details are incorrect. It reflects poorly on our website and on your organization, and it wastes our readers time and money.