Visiting a sunflower field is a “must do” in late summer or fall, and fields are popping up all over. Grab your family or friends, and get ready to post your sunny pics on IG when you visit one of these sunflower fields around Central Ohio (or a little further).
Before you visit a sunflower field in Central Ohio:
– Be sure to check links for Facebook and websites. Fields can bloom and fade quickly, so it’s the best way to ensure you’ll find a field full of flowers. Some of the options listed below may already be finished for the season by the time you read this, or may not be in bloom yet.
– Follow all rules, including for parking, picking flowers (usually a no-no), taking photos (some prohibit professional photographers unless they pay a fee) and where to walk.
– Respect others photo ops.
– Some require admission. If they don’t, consider supporting the farm or organization with a donation or a purchase from the farm market.
Sunflower Fields in Central Ohio
CherryHawk Farm: 16220 Springdale Road, Marysville, OH 43040. Phone: 937-642-6442
12 varieties of Apples, starting in mid-July. See Facebook page for updates on apple availability and sunflower field. Hours are 11 am to 7 pm.
- Sunflower field is expected to be in full bloom the weekend of September 27.
Wenger’s Produce: 3836 County Road 29, West Liberty, Ohio 43357 Phone: (937) 592-5726
New sunflower field in 2019. The field is located on Township Road 166 beside the brick house and in front of the raspberry field.
***This field is for Pictures Only!!!! Please do not cut as we want people to enjoy this field for their pictures.
Stop by the market and pick up some fresh produce, mums, baked goods, cheeses, and meat. Monday- Friday 10:00-5:30, Saturday 10:00-3:00
- Sunflower field is no longer in bloom for 2019
Tecumseh Land Trust: 4633 US-68, Yellow Springs, Ohio 45387 (located near Yellow Springs by Young’s Dairy)
One of the most well-known/oldest sunflower fields near Central Ohio. It gets very busy on weekends, so weekdays are the best days to visit. Please park in the open pasture. NOT ALONG US 68 or along the farm lane. Parking may be limited on busy days. Do not pick the sunflowers. This is a privately owned working farm. No for-profit/commercial activity, including professional photographers.
- Open on August 29, 2019. Hours are 8 am to 8 pm. Flowers are beginning to fade as of September 9.
Circle S Farms, 9015 London Groveport Rd. Grove City, OH 43123 – Pumpkin patch, hayrides, big slide, bale cave, farm animals, corn and sunflower maze, bakery, drinks, and more. $10 per person (Children under 2 admitted free), $4.00 per pumpkin (optional). General admission includes: Hayride, Fun Barn, Petting Zoo, Corn & Sunflower Mazes, Bale Cave.
- Fall Fun Days: Opens mid/late September through October, 9 am – 7 pm. They don’t have a sunflower field, but they do have a sunflower maze!
Branstool Orchards, 5895 Johnstown Utica Rd, Utica, Ohio, OH 43080 (740) 892-3989
37 varieties of apples, 26 varieties of peaches (no peaches in 2019), 3 varieties of pears, sunflower field, and pumpkins. The grounds are beautiful, so enjoy the scenery while you’re there. Events are held throughout the season. Sunflower field closed for 2019 on August 11.
- SunflowerFest 2019: August 3-11. The hayrides will start at 10 am each day with the last ride at 4 pm. All tickets include a hayride to the sunflower field and one cut flower of the guest’s choice.
- Friday, Saturday & Sunday online $10 (ages 3 & up). At the gate, if space allows $15.
- Monday – Thursday online $7.50 (ages 3 & up). At the gate, if space allows $10.
- Sunflower Sessions at Branstool Orchards for photographers: August 8
- Yoga in the Sunflower Field: August 3 and 10
Lynd Fruit Farm, Morse Road And Route 310, Pataskala, OH 43062. Sunflower field closed for 2019 on September 1. Visit to the 10 acre sunflower field. Bring your own clippers, & bucket/water. Located at The Patch on 37: 3131 Johnstown Alexandria rd NW, Alexandria.
- S’miles of Sunflowers Festival: August 16, 17, 18, 23, 24, 25. Cut your own sunflowers (3 included in ticket), wagon rides (handicap accessible), barrel train for the little ones, Kids activities tent with family back yard games, music, crafts, food trucks, photo ops in the sunflowers including a bridge, antique tractors, trivia zone, and more. Free parking.
- Sunflower Field visits (after S’miles of Sunflowers Festival): Visit to the 10 acre sunflower field for $10/person. 5 and under free. Bring your own clippers, & bucket/water and take as many sun flowers as you need. Sunflower field closed for 2019 on September 1. It’s time to pick apples!
- Also offering upick apples, pumpkins, and fall farm fun activities at locations.
Other Sunflower Fields in Ohio
Gorman Heritage Farm: 10052 Reading Rd., Evendale, OH Phone: 513.563.6663.
Gorman Heritage Farm is a 122-acre working farm and outdoor education center, inviting visitors to explore and learn the history, methods and values of a working family farm in a natural setting. Hours are Monday – Friday: 9:00 am to 5:00 pm, Saturday: 9:00 am to 3:00 pm, Sunday: CLOSED. 2 sunflower fields will peak a different times. Please see website or call the number to ask about bloom, or visit during the sunflower festival.
Admission: Adults – $5.00, Children (ages 3-17) – $3.00, Seniors 60+ – $3.00, Children under 3 – Free
- Annual Sunflower Festival: October 5 & 6, 2019. Live music, hayrides, pumpkins, craft vendors, food trucks, corn maze, sunflower maze, meet the farm animals, Farm Fun Education Station, MadTree Beer Garden and cut your own sunflowers ($1 per stem or 12 for $10). Admission: $8 adults, $5 kids ages 3-17, $5 seniors 60+, kids under 3 are free.
Maria’s Field of Hope: Locations in Avon, Ohio and near Cedar Point – in bloom in September. The fields are inspired by the memory and spirit of Maria McNamara, and planted as a way to love and honor the courageous children who are battling cancer and those we have lost. Donations are welcome for the cause. See website for details and locations.
Do you know of any other sunflower fields in Ohio? Let us know in the comments, or email email@example.com.
Find more Fall Fun here!
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- 11 Haunted Woods and Haunted Houses Around Columbus