Fall in Ohio is truly amazing; the leaves are changing, weather is (usually) mild, football season, and there are SO many fun, fall activities. Columbus is home to lots of great farms with fall activities, pumpkin patches, and festivals. From simple pumpkin patches to corn mazes and all-day fun with kids, check out these amazing farms around Columbus, organized by location. Please call the individual farms for more information or questions. Happy Fall!
If you’re looking for more Halloween and Fall fun, check out this list of over 120 events for Fall and Halloween fun around Columbus!
Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Fall Farm Activities, and Corn Mazes
North of Columbus Pumpkin Patches and Farms
Apple Hill Orchards: 1175 Lexington-Ontario Road, Mansfield, Ohio 44903 (419) 884-1500 and 16780 Fredericktown-Amity Road, Fredericktown, Ohio 43210, 740-694-768888. Hayride through the orchards, offered weekends from mid-September through October (date tba). Pick-your- own apples (now) and pumpkins (October). Visit our goat, sheep, and chickens; watch the honeybees in the observation beehive. Selling apple cider and apple donuts.
- Saturday and Sunday, October 5-6: Apple Hill Kid’s Weekend – 12pm to 6pm at Apple Hill Orchards Mansfield Petting zoo, scavenger-hunt hayrides, pick-your-own apples and pumpkins, face-painting, cider-pressing, pony rides, big tractor (for little ones), glitter tattoos, balloon man, Altered Eats food truck, and more! Parking $5.00/vehicle.
Freeman’s Farm, 6142 Lewis Center Road Galena, Ohio 43021 740-548-7866 – Farm market open daily from noon – 7 pm. Fall treats and decorations include pumpkins, fall squash, gourds, decorations, jelly, jams, apple butter, candy, apples, cider and fall gifts.
- Fall festival days: Saturdays and Sundays from September 21 – October 27, 2019. Hours are Sat. from 10 am – 5 pm and Sun. from 11 am – 5 pm. Hayrides, Kettle Corn Over Wood Fire, Campfire Concessions (Hot Dogs, Chili, Chips, Beverages), Scarecrow Making, Petting Animals, Apple Butter Making Demonstrations (Selected Days). Some activities have fees (call for details).
Jacquemin Farms, 7437 Hyland Croy Rd., Plain City, OH. 43064 614-873-5725. Home-grown pumpkins and gourds.
Fresh local apples and cider, Fall decor (straw bales, corn stalks, Indian corn), Pumpkin donuts and caramel apples on Saturdays. Kiddie Play Area for ages 10 and younger (straw bale maze and corn boxes; $2 per child)
- Hours: Monday through Friday 10am-6pm; Saturday 10 am – 5 pm, and closed Sunday. Last day of the season is October 31. Pumpkin picking is available on select Sundays at the new farm (11430 Industrial Parkway, Marysville), but please check the Facebook page for availability and times before arriving.
Hidden Creek Farms, 581 S. Galena Rd, Sunbury (740-815-9371): pumpkin picking, child-sized hay-bale maze, corn cannon (3/$1), hayrides, wagon rides, farm animals, play barn, pumpkin slide; admission $7, 2 and under free. Pony rides $4 (select Oct weekends), and lots of food available for purchase.
- Fall Festival Dates: September 21 – October 27, Saturdays and Sundays from 10 am – 6 pm. Hayrides & Fall Activities weekends only! (All activities will be open Friday Oct 18 for COTA days)
Lawrence Orchards: 2634 Smeltzer Road, Marion, OH 43302. Phone: 740-389-3019.
15 varieties of Apples, peaches, pumpkins, Christmas trees. Integrated pest management system for lower chemical use. Not everything will be available for u-pick, depending on crop availability. Open from 10-5 Monday – Saturday. See Facebook page for updates.
- Saturday, Sept. 28, 2019: Apple Fest from 10am – 5pm. Enjoy an old-fashioned day at the orchard. Horse-drawn wagon rides, pony rides, a wonderful petting farm, corn bin play area, train rides, pumpkin painting, scarecrow making, hay maze, hay field hike, caramel apple bar, apple pies, old time music throughout the day! Admission fee: $5/person (under 2 free)
Leeds Pumpkin Farm, 8738 Marysville Road, Ostrander, OH 43061. Pumpkins for sale in the shop or farmstand. Fall festival, straw or hay bale maze, pig races, goat walk, tractor-pulled hay rides, pumpkin jumping pillow, combine slide, concessions, porta-potties, mini zip lines, farm animals. (740.666.2020)
- Fall Festival Dates: Sept. 21 through Oct. 27, Saturdays and Sundays: 10am – 5pm. Admission includes activities: $12 kids (3-18), $10 adults (19-54) All farm activities are included with admission, including one hayride. Free for under 3 and over 55 (no hayride). Additional zips and hayride $5
- Leeds Witches Night Out: Wednesday, October 2, 2019. Night out for the lady witches!
Lehner Pumpkin Farms, 2920 Rt. 203, Radnor. 8-acre corn maze, mini golf, mini zip line, peddle go cart, animal track maze, human hamster ball, pumpkin picking, hayrides, inflatable farmhouse, petting zoo; barrel train ride, play barn, Giant Legos, Tire Pyramid, jump pad, kids’ fun tent, Arrowhead hunting, homestead stations. (740-595-3207)
- Fall Fun Dates and Admission: September 21-October 27, 2019; Tues-Fri: 4:30pm-7pm, Sat and Sun: 10am-7pm. Weekend admission is $9 for guests ages 3-17, $7 for guests 18-59, and free for children under 3 as well as visitors over 59. Your admission covers all activities with the exception of the sling shot and arrowhead hunting areas. Weeknight admission is $5 and $4; all activities are not available on weeknights [see website for details].
Miller’s Country Gardens, 2488 Rt. 37 W. Delaware – Open for produce through the fall; pre-picked pumpkins, pumpkin picking, petting zoo, hayrides. Admission required for corn maze and wagon rides (740-363-5021).
- Pumpkins, fall activities, and hayrides begin October 5; 10 a.m. to 7.p.m. Saturdays and noon to 5 p.m. Sundays.
- Miller’s Annual Fall Festival is Sunday, October 13, 2019
South of Columbus Pumpkin Patches and Farms
Circle S Farms, 9015 London Groveport Rd. Grove City, OH 43123 – Pumpkin patch, hayrides, big slide, bale cave, farm animals, corn and sunflower maze, bakery, drinks, and more. $10 per person (Children under 2 admitted free), $4.00 per pumpkin (optional). General admission includes: Hayride, Fun Barn, Petting Zoo, Corn & Sunflower Mazes, Bale Cave.
- Fall Fun Days: September 26-October 31, 2019, 9 am – 7 pm.
Hann Farms, 4600 Lockbourne Rd, Columbus, OH 43207, 614-491-0812 Pumpkin patch- already gathered from the field, along with other produce. Pumpkins typically available in October
Hirsch Fruit Farm: 12846 State Route 772, Chillicothe, OH 45601. Phone: 740-775-7055. Apples and pumpkins.
- September 21-22, 2019: Apple Harvest Open House – Horse-drawn wagon rides, apple butter making, pick your own apples, food, face painting, apple and cider tasting, make-your-own scarecrows, round bale romp, mini maze and more. Saturday from 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. and Sunday from noon – 6:00 p.m. Admission is free but there is a parking charge of $8.00, with the proceeds benefiting Habitat for Humanity. So load up the family and come on out for a relaxing and enjoyable day on the farm.
Lohstroh Family Farms, 15632 OH-56, Mt Sterling, OH 43143. Fall farm market, activities, sunflowers, and pumpkins. Take a Pumpkin Picking Ride to the field to pick your own pumpkin on September 28 and 29 and Saturdays 11-5 and Sundays 12-5 in October to pick your own pumpkin! Cost is $7 per person and the cost includes the pumpkin. Additional pumpkins are available in the farm market as well. They also offer tractor train rides ($3), corn maze ($3), plus caterpillar crawl, haystack, graffiti barn wall, and photo frames and straw bales for photo ops! A food trailer will be on site on Saturdays and Sundays.
East of Columbus Pumpkin Patches and Farms
Branstool Orchards, 5895 Johnstown Utica Rd, Utica, Ohio, OH 43080 (740) 892-3989
37 varieties of apples, 26 varieties of peaches, 3 varieties of pears, and pumpkins. Wagons are provided and tasting is encouraged! Pumpkin patch is a good walk away from the market, so make sure you grab a wagon. This is one of my favorite orchards to visit, and it’s never overcrowded due to the size. The grounds are beautiful, so enjoy the scenery while you’re there. The’ve added a huge playground for the kids to enjoy with slides, hay mountain, corn bin, climbing, swings, and more!
deMonye’s Greenhouse, 2500 Airport Drive, Columbus, Ohio 43219, (614) 252-6046
- Haunted Greenhouse, September 28 – Oct 31. Bring your little ghost and goblins to our haunted greenhouse. Kid friendly haunted maze (up to 12 years old) is fall fun for the whole family. Cost $8.95 per child, $2 per adult. Each child gets a small pumpkin, juice, popcorn, treat bag. Family games, bounce house, straw maze, haunted house, small farm animals, and a corn box play area included.
Dupler’s Pumpkin Land, 5766 Jacksontown Rd, Newark, OH 43056, (740) 323-2514 – This isn’t located at the farm, but it’s great! They sell a variety of pumpkins, squash, Indian corn, straw bales, mums for fall decorating. Farm activities include giant slides, straw maze, haunted room and goats and bunnies to visit (animals by late September).
- Fall fun opens on Friday, September 20; Weekday hours are 12:00 to 7:00, weekend hours 10:00 to 7:00 pending weather (check Facebook page if unsure). Free admission and parking. $1 hand stamp available for access to straw maze, giant slide and haunted room.
Harvest Adventures, 1135 Locust Grove Rd. N.E., Bremen (740-569-4997): Selling pumpkins, mums, straw, and ornamental corn/corn stalks.
- Pumpkin season opens: Open 12 p.m. to 5 p.m. Corn maze open daily ($3), hayrides on weekends ($3).
Hendren Farm Market, 14595 Johnstown-Utica Road, Johnstown (740-272-7680: Pumpkin picking, cider, mums, mini straw bales and fall decor. Hayrides and straw pyramid, plus a giant corn maze. Not open for 2019 Fall season.
Corn Maze at Lynd’s Fruit Farm, Morse Road And Route 310, Pataskala, OH 43062. Apple Mania corn maze ($11, includes fun zone), wagon rides ($3, free for 3-under), Unlimited bounce house until 6 pm ($6), barrel train ride ($3), courtyard combo (Barrel Train, Fun Zone, Mini Maze and Bouncing – $11). Snacks and refreshment stand, restrooms, picnic area, petting zoo, pumpkin patch (opening date tba – usually late Sept/early Oct). Apple picking schedule and info available here. (740-404-9967 Email: email@example.com).
- Corn Maze and Fall activities: September 6 through October 30; Fridays and Saturdays 10am to 10pm; Sundays 10am to 6pm. Last ticket sold one hour before close
McDonald’s Greenhouse Corn Maze and Fall Farm Fun, 3220 Adamsville Rd., Zanesville (740-452-4858): Corn Maze, plus petting zoo, pumpkin carving, slides, enchanted forest walk, hayrides, kangaroo jumper, gaga ball, giant corn box and more. Admission $7, or free for age 2 and younger, $1 off coupon on website. Pumpkins and mums are priced separately.
- Fall Farm Fun opens: September 14; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Saturdays and 12 to 6 p.m Sundays through October.
- Grandparent Weekends: Grandparents get FREE admission with a paying child on September 14-15 & 21-22.
Pigeon Roost Farm, 4413 National Rd. S.W., Hebron – Great Pumpkin Fun Center, including play fort, A-maize-ing Maze, giant gerbil wheel, seesaws and hay-wagon slide; treehouse, circle swing, farm animals, pumpkin picking; weekends: face painting, crafters and demos, wagon rides. There’s so much to do here; make sure you allow an hour or two (or more!) to visit. (740-928-4925).
- Farm fun opens September 14; 10 a.m. to 7 p.m. Tuesday – Sunday through October. Fun center: $8. Under 2 is free. On weekends, the “Fun Package” includes Fun Center and Narrated Wagon Ride for $11 per adult and children two and older.
Schacht Farms, 5950 Shannon Rd., Canal Winchester – Pre-picked pumpkins, pumpkin picking, and mums; 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
- Opens September 3; Mon – Thurs 10 am – 6 pm; Fri & Sat 10 am – 5 pm; Sun (Oct only) Noon – 5 pm. (614-833-1932)
Van Buren Acres, 5066 Keller Road, Hebron, Ohio, Exit 122 off of I-70. Phone: 740.927.1780 – Tons of family-friendly farm activities including Apollo 11 corn maze, cow train, hay ride, jumping pillow, pedal carts, putt putt, corn bin, slides, and tons of other activities. Admission is $8 for guests over age 2, and covers all activities and expenses except the mining sleuth, concessions and pumpkins, which are priced separately. Season pass is $20.00 and includes a U-Pick pumpkin. Pumpkins are $5 for u-pick and range up to $8 for pre-picked.
- Opens on Saturday, September 14; Tuesdays – Saturdays from 10 am to 7 pm, and Sundays 12 to 7 pm through Nov 3.
- Flashlight Maze Nights: Friday, Oct. 18, Saturday, Oct. 19, Friday, Oct. 25 and Saturday, Oct. 26. 7- 10 p.m. (last entry into the maze will be at 9:30 p.m. Come early for all of the activities and stay late for the flashlight maze nights. One flashlight for every two people required.
West of Columbus Pumpkin Patches and Farms
Kuhlwein’s Farm Market, 1859 Walker Rd., near Hilliard; Hayrides, pumpkin picking, corn maze, straw maze, petting zoo, bouncy castle; admission is $10, including a pumpkin, ages 3 and under free. Some activities only available on weekends. 11 am -5 pm weekdays, 10 am – 6 pm on weekends, closed on Wednesdays
- Opens for fall fun: September 28 – October 31
The Maize at Little Darby Creek, 8657 Axe Handle Rd., Milford Center. Apollo 11 themed corn maze, low ropes, Pumpkin Blaster, play area, hayride, corn cannon, cow train, pumpkin picking, tube slide, roller slide, petting zoo, laser tag, family dodge ball, pedal carts, campfires, barnyard bouncer, corn ball and so much more.
- Maze season opens September 14 through October 28; Friday from 5 PM-10 PM, Saturday from 12 PM-10 PM and Sunday 12 PM-6 PM. Field of Fright Haunted Maze: dusk to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays, Oct. 4-26. Cost: base admission, which includes corn maze, play area, petting zoo, bouncer, and cow train, and lots more is $10, or $5 for age 60 and older, free for age 2 and younger; Combo rate for base admission activities plus five corn cannon shots, hayride and a pie pumpkin: $15. Discount coupon available online. To Add Haunted Field of Fright on Friday or Saturday Nights, Oct 6 – 28, $15 and includes all base admission activities Base Admission Season Pass – $22. (937-349-4781)
- Sunday, September 15: Farmers Feed the World Food Drive – Purchase one admission at the regular price and get the 2nd admission for FREE with 2 canned food items (not valid with group rates or discounts). Food will be donated to the Marysville Food Pantry.
- Sunday, Sept. 29: Service Superheroes BOGO & Touch A Fire Truck – Special admission for Military, Police, Fire (& first responders) & their families. Show your ID to purchase one admission at the regular price and get the 2nd admission for FREE. From 1 – 4pm – Touch A Fire Truck from the Union Township Fire Department
- Sunday, Oct. 6: First Moonwalk Day – We’re Celebrating the 50th Anniversary of the First Moonwalk! From 1 – 3:45pm – The Armstrong Air & Space Museum will be here offering hands on education programs (Moon Magic, Living on Another World & Black Holes) to teach children about space-related scientific phenomenon – FREE (with admission in) From 1 – 4pm – Balloon sculptures by Erica Carlson & face painting by Kim Heminger – FREE (with admission in)
- Sunday, October 13: Giant Pumpkin Carving by Gus the Squashcarver
- Sunday, October 20: Trick or Treat and Costume Contest – From 2pm – 3pm, kids wear your costumes and trick or treat for candy. The costume contest will follow at 3pm.
- Sunday, October 27: The Great Pumpkin Smash – The Grand Prize is a pair of OSU Football tickets & 2nd prize is a pair of Blue Jackets tickets. One contestant will be chosen on Facebook the week of Oct. 21st with 9 others to be chosen at the farm at 3pm on Oct. 27th. You pick the pumpkin, we smash it, you claim your prize!
The Orchard & Co, 7255 US HWY 42 North, Plain City. 614-873-0510 – Farm market, u-pick pumpkins and apples, food, and more. Farm Yard Pass (Animal Barn, Jumping Pillow, Pedal Cart Track, Zip Line, Corn Box, Hay Barn, Hill Slide & Tire Climb, wagon ride, duck races & Moo Moo Express).
- Fall festival opens September 7; Saturdays and Sundays from 11 am – 6 pm through October. Yard Pass for adults and children $10, Seniors $5, 2 and under free. Fishing: $2.00, Gem Mining: Pay Dirt (gems) $5.00/ Fossils $6.00,
Young’s Jersey Dairy, 6880 Springfield-Xenia Rd., Yellow Springs (937-325-0629): Pumpkin picking (starting Sept 21), ride to pumpkin patch, Corn Maze, petting zoo, pumpkin launcher, cheese production tours; evenings, haunted wagon ride and storytellers; 10 a.m. to 10 p.m. daily
- Opens for weekends Aug 30, then daily starting September 21 from 11am-6pm. Cowvin’s Corny Playland Adventure is $4 per person. Follow the corn path to the playland adventure including Bale Maze, Hula Hoop® Toss onto stick farm animals, picture opportunities at our bale art animals, Human Hamster Wheels, fun Bale Climbing and Slide, Pumpkin Bowling and more. Due to overly wet weather, the corn fields did not take, and they were not able to create a corn maze for 2019; pumpkin patch ride: $9 a pumpkin or 3/$24.
- Haunted wagon ride and Scary Stories: $13, or $5 for age 4 and younger (7:30 to 10 p.m. Fridays and Saturdays in October) It’s family-friendly, but scary, so use your discretion. Kids under age 11 must be accompanied by an adult.
- September 21-22: Annual Wool Gathering – Join us for an awesome festival of fibers at the 24th annual Wool Gathering at Young’s Dairy. Observe sheep, llamas, alpacas, cashmere goats, Angora rabbits and other wool-bearing animals at the show. There will be shearing demonstrations, wool spinning, weaving and much more to see and learn. There are over 100 vendors from several surrounding states. Admission to this event is free – bring the whole family! Hours will be 10am to 6pm Saturday and 10am to 5pm on Sunday.
- October 5-6, 11 a.m. – 6 p.m.: Fall Farm Pumpkin Festival – Corn Maze, Milking Demos, Donut Hole Making, Pumpkin Painting, Pumpkin Launcher, Cheese Samples and Production Tour
Oakland Nurseries, 1156 Oakland Park Ave. (614-268-3511); 4261 W. Dublin-Granville Rd., Dublin (614-874-2400); and 25 Kilbourne Rd., Delaware (740-548-6633)
- Fall Festival (all locations): Oct 12-13, from noon – 4 p.m.; Various locations will have artists, concessions, gardening experts, family games and activities, live music, demonstrations, workshops, balloon art, pony rides, animals, reptiles, hay rides; plus a haunted village at the Delaware store only; website has complete schedule for each store once they are posted
- Trick or Treat (Columbus location) – October 19 Trick or Treat Trail with children’s costume contest
Find more Fall Fun here!
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- 11 Haunted Woods and Haunted Houses Around Columbus
Find more upcoming Fall fun!