Central Ohio has some amazing farms to visit in the fall for pumpkins, activities, and agri-tourism, and Van Buren Acres in Hebron is one of the best for fall farm fun!
If you’ve driven east on Columbus on Route 70, you’ve probably seen this fun farm in the Columbus area. New in 2017, Van Buren Acres is a family-owned farm featuring activities for every age. Explore corn maze, 9 acre Sunflower patch, and all of the farm fun.
The farm also features a soy bean maze, pig and duck races, cow train barrel ride, hay ride, farm animals, gem mining, giant jumping pillow, pedal carts, putt putt, huge corn bin with tons of toys, hay stacks to climb, and other activities. Animals to visit include emus, miniature donkeys, goats, peahens and a beautiful peacock, bunnies, pigs, Easter chickens who lay green and blue eggs, and more!
Van Buren Acres opens on Wednesday, September 11, 2021, and is open on Wednesdays – Sundays from 10 am to 7 pm. Please check the Facebook page or call if you are unsure about the weather. Don’t let a cool day deter you from visiting! There are several buildings with activities and animals to get out of the wind; and the kids will be running around too much to notice a chill!
Activities are spread out nicely to eliminate crowding, but are still an easy walking distance, and the path is stroller friendly. There are tons of awesome photo ops, including lots of wooden props, pumpkin stacks, and fall displays.
Regular admission for guests 3 years old and older is $9 and includes ALL activities except the mining sleuth, concessions, and pumpkins. You can also purchase a season pass for just $25, which includes a u-pick pumpkin. Pumpkins are $5 for u-pick, and up to $8 for pre-picked. The Barnyard Cafe offers plenty of concessions, and there are lots of tables where you can sit to enjoy your food.
Tickets can be purchased online or at the gate if capacity allows.
You do not need to pay admission if you are just visiting the Barnyard Cafe, Nellie’s Country Store, or just purchasing fall decor/pumpkins (including U-Pick).
Flashlight Maze Nights: TBA from 7- 10 p.m. (last entry into the maze will be at 9:30 p.m. weather permitting. Must bring 1 flashlight per every 2 people in your group.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio
Find more upcoming Fall fun!
Friday, October 22, 2021
Saturday, October 23, 2021
Sunday, October 24, 2021
Monday, October 25, 2021
Tuesday, October 26, 2021
Wednesday, October 27, 2021
Thursday, October 28, 2021
Friday, October 29, 2021
Saturday, October 30, 2021
Sunday, October 31, 2021