The Summer of 2020 is going to be a bit different, but one thing is the same…drive-in movies are still fun! Even as festivals are cancelled and indoor entertainment is closed or restricted, drive-in theatres are a perfect option for safe, summer entertainment. We are fortunate to have many drive-in theaters in Ohio, including a couple in Central Ohio. Skyview Drive-in is located in Lancaster, which less than 40 minutes from downtown Columbus!
Open in 1948, Skyview Drive-In blends retro with modern. Listen to the movie with state-of-the-art FM stereo sound using your car’s stereo. Movies are shown with digital HD 1080 Picture quality on a 80′ Screen. They offer a great concession stand, so plan to grab dinner and snacks. Typically open from March-September; Skyview Drive-In reopened on May 22, 2020 with restrictions in place, and online ticket sales.
The theatre typically only shows first-run movies. Due to lack of new releases with movie studios closed, not all of the movies for 2020 will be first-run.
Skyview Drive-In Schedule
Showing Fri, Sat, Sun, Wed, Thurs
7/3, 7/4, 7/5, 7/8, 7/9 Closed Monday 7/6 & Tuesday 7/7
First movie: The Jungle Book Family/Action/Adventure (PG )
Second movie: Deadpool Comedy/Action/Adventure ( R )
Changes for 2020 at Skyview Drive-In
Online ticket sales
Tickets MUST be purchased online. This reduces person to person contact and ensures everyone with a ticket gets a spot. They are operating at 50% capacity to allow for distance between cars. Since drive-ins are a popular option this year, online ticketing prevents long lines with cars being turned away when they are at capacity.
Concessions and Food Permit
Outside food is allowed to be brought in, but you must purchase a $5 food permit per vehicle. Movie theatres rely on concession sales to support operation expenses, as a large percentage of ticket sales goes to the movie production companies. Purchase a food permit at the same time as your online ticket.
Online concession food ordering is available for pickup at the concession stand. The concession stand will still be open for ordering, but will have a limited capacity, so you may have to wait longer. The concession stand menu is limited for efficiency, but offers many of the fan favorites.
Tickets for Skyview Drive-in
Tickets must be purchased online. No ticket sales at the gate. A ticket guarantees you’ll have a parking spot, and they must operate at 50% capacity.
- Ages 12 and over $8 each
- Kids 4 – 11, $4 each
- Ages 3 and under – Free
- Outside food permit – $5 per vehicle (purchase at time of ticket order)
Other safety precautions
Please wear a mask when you are away from your vehicle. No required, but appreciated.
The grassy area under the screen in closed. Kids will often run and play before the movies start, so please make sure your kids understand that it’s not allowed this year.
Park your vehicle with the driver-side next to the speaker post. This allows for proper spacing between cars. You can put chairs in front of your vehicle or stay in your vehicle. If you have a pick-up truck, you can sit in the bed. If you have an SUV, you can turn it backwards into the parking spot and sit in the back. Hatches cannot be above the height of the vehicle. Do not sit or socialize between vehicles, even if you know your neighbor.
Allow for 6 foot distancing between patrons at concession stand or restrooms. Please wear a mask when you are away from your car.
These guidelines are important for the drive-in to be allowed to continue to operate. Please respect all employee directives. If you are unable to follow the rules, please find something else to do. Those who refuse to follow the guidelines will be asked to leave immediately without a refund. Be a good human.
Skyview Drive-in Lancaster
2420 E Main St, Lancaster, Ohio 43130 (740) 653-5517
Other articles of interest
- Columbus Zoo Reopening Plan
- Zoombezi Bay Reopening Plan
- Cedar Point Reopening Plan
- Franklin Park Conservatory Reopening Plan
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020