Catch a movie at the South Drive-in Theatre in Columbus this Spring – Fall! Drive-in movies are a perfect option for safe, entertainment. Make it a date or bring the family – they offer movies for everyone to enjoy.
South Drive In Theatre is ready to re-open for 2021 starting March 26, 2021!
The only remaining drive-in theatres in Columbus, the South has been going strong since 1950. This is a twin drive-in theatre, so there are 2 screens each showing 2 movies per night – with 3 movies on occasion. The concession stand is highly rated and very reasonably priced, so make sure you arrive hungry!
They are open from March-October, weekends only, Fridays – Sundays. Changes for 2020 and 2021 include reduced capacity so cars can park further away from each other. They will also implement increased space in concession and bathroom lines, and frequent cleaning. You’ll also be able to pay in advance online, or at the gate. Masks will be required when interacting with staff or other guests, at the gate, and to go to the concession stand and restrooms. Hand sanitizer is available.
TRAFFIC NOTE: Due to construction on South High Street/SR 23, you cannot turn left into the Drive-In coming South bound. You should use I-270 and get off at South High Street/SR23 North so you can turn right into the Drive-In. Construction starts at Williams Road and continues to Southgate, and will continue 30-60 days.
Tickets for South Drive-in Theatre
- Adults ages (12+) are admitted for $9.50 each on Friday and Saturday nights and holiday eves, and $7.50 on all other nights.
- $2 per child ages 5-11. Free for 4 and under.
Upcoming movie schedule at South Drive-In
Note: this is typically a first-run theatre, but due to production company closures, movies won’t all be new releases this season.
Gate opens at 7 pm on Friday and Saturday nights, and 7:30 pm on Sunday night. They suggest arrive at least 1.5 hours -2 hours ahead of show time on Friday and Saturday nights, and 1 hour ahead of time on Sunday night.
The admission price is $9.50 for ages 12 and older on Friday & Saturday nights, $7.50 on regular Sunday nights, $2 for ages 5 to 11 every night, and ages 4 and under are free every night.
Special events at South Drive-in
tba for 2021
South Drive-In Flea Market
The South Drive-In is also home to a huge flea market! You’ll find 200 yard sales in one location at the South Drive-in Flea Market. It’s the largest outdoor yard sale and garage sale in Columbus since the 1970s. You’ll find clothing, footwear, housewares and tools, electronics and computers, art and photography. Yard sale pricing on everything for adults and children. Columbus’ giant outdoor yard sale and garage sale dealers also frequently have fresh vegetables and produce.
Spots are open if you want to be a seller. You can set up occasionally, or sell regularly. The cost to be a seller is $10 per space per day on Saturday and Sunday, $6 per space on Wednesday. There is no assigned parking or reserved spaces. You set your merchandise up next to your vehicle.
The Flea Market starts Saturday, May 23, and runs every Sat, Sun, Wed, from 5 am to 1 pm and a special flea market on Memorial Day 5/25 from 5 am to 1 pm. Arrive early for the best finds.
South Drive-In Theatre
3050 S High St.
Columbus, OH 43207
Phone: (614) 491-6771
Find more Drive-in Theatres in Ohio!
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Sunflower Fields in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Creeking in Columbus: Creeks and other water to explore
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Free outdoor movies around Columbus this Summer
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus