CAPA is back with the Annual CAPA Summer Movie Series! The season is abbreviated and socially distanced for 2020, but you’ll enjoy 2 weeks of Hollywood’s greatest films, Cartoon Capers, and everyone’s favorite organist Clark Wilson!
Don’t miss your chance to see these great films on the big screen in America’s longest running classic film series at the stunning Ohio Theatre.
The 2020 Series will run September 17- September 27 at the historic Ohio Theatre (39 E. State Street) and feature 8 films over two weeks. Seating is even more limited than before, to ensure safety, so make sure to book your tickets ASAP!
- Thursday, September 17, 2020, 7:30 pm – Hitchcock’s “To Catch a Thief” (1955) SOLD OUT
- Friday, September 18, 2020, 7:30 pm: Gremlins (1984) – Fright Nite Friday with Fritz!
- Saturday, September 19, 2020, 10 am – Cartoon Capers
- Saturday, September 19, 2020, 7:30 pm – Meet Me in St. Louis (1944)
- Sunday, September 20, 2020, 2 pm – Sunset Blvd (1950)
- Friday, September 25, 2020, 7:30 pm – The Kid Brother (1927) – Silent Film
- Saturday, September 26, 2020, 7:30 pm – The Sting (1973)
- Sunday, September 27, 2020, 2 pm – Glory (1989)
CAPA Summer Movie Series Tickets
Tickets are $6 and must be pre-purchased for each event. For entrance at the theatre, patrons should show ushers the ticket code on their mobile device or print out a PDF of their tickets to present at the door. Ticket strips are not available for this year.
Check out the CAPA Summer Movie Series Schedule here! Catch classic favorites such as Casablanca, Back to the Future, Strangers on a Train, Invasion of the Body Snatchers, Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs, West Side Story, Ferris Bueller’s Day Off, and more. Select nights feature double features, Saturday mornings bring Cartoon Capers and other family-friendly options, and you’ll see Sunday Shorts with CCAD before Sunday features.
Safety procedures for CAPA Summer Movies
- Employees and guests must wear masks
- Please leave at least three empty seats between parties and an empty row in front and behind them. Groups larger than four people must be from the same household.
- Tickets must be pre-purchased online and are limited to a maximum capacity of 300.
- No concessions or intermission will be offered
- There will be a single entrance and exit (except in case of emergency)
- Doors will open 35 minutes prior to the screening beginning. Organist Clark Wilson will begin playing 30 minutes prior to the screening beginning.
- Deep cleaning and fresh air intake will be increased between screenings.
Ohio Theatre Tours
Have you ever seen the flying horses in the Ohio Theatre? Did you know that the Grateful Dead helped save the theatre? Learn the storied history of this magnificent theatre with a free, guided tour, complete with a light show and organ demonstration on the “Mighty Morton” theatre organ. NOTE: No tours in 2020.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio
Columbus, OH 43215