CAP4Kids (Children’s Advocacy Project for Kids) Columbus is a website that has made it easy to quickly connect kids and families to 1,000+ resources around the community.
Their mission is to help bridge the gap between local social service agencies and the families that need their help.
Now more than ever people are searching for resources, and CAP4Kids offers a huge directory of assistance for individuals and families relevant to the challenges of the pandemic.
From housing and food and utility help, to counseling, after school programs, pregnancy support, family events and summer programs, you can quickly find up-to-date free and low-cost resources that benefit you and your family. Under Parent Handouts, each page on CAP4Kids can be easily translated into multiple languages.
On their website, they list national and local hotline (emergency) phone numbers for suicide prevention, mental health crisis, emergency shelter, food pantries, domestic violence and more.
Also, they teamed up with Columbus Metropolitan Library to create a series of book lists for families on a wide range of topics, including adoption, divorce, death and grief, special needs, and more.
Learn more about CAP4Kids
Sign up for their e-newsletter, Family Matters, featuring information and tips for families and children, local resources, and a big list of upcoming community events. Check CAP4Kids out at CAP4Kids.org/Columbus. Follow CAP4Kids on Facebook (@CAP4KidsColumbus) and Twitter (@CAP4Kids).
CAP4Kids is a joint advocacy project between Children’s Practicing Pediatricians and Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Best of Columbus on the CheapCheck out some of the most popular articles for Columbus on the Cheap
Subscribe to Columbus on the Cheap's email list
- Upcoming weekend events
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Over 85 Indoor Play Places and Activities for kids around Columbus
- Huge List of Columbus Happy Hours
- Discounted and Free Museum Days in Columbus
- Over 20 Farmers Markets around Columbus
- Over 325 Central Ohio and Columbus Festivals
- Columbus Zoo Tickets, Discounts, and Free Days
- Kids Eat Free (or cheap) in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- 50+ Best Free and Cheap Date Ideas
- Fun Nights Out in Columbus
- Where to find the cheapest gas
- 50+ Best Free and Cheap Things to do today in Columbus
Leave a Reply