The holiday season has arrived and one of the main features of Christmas is the Christmas Tree! Whether you decorate yours the day before Thanksgiving, or on December 24, here’s a list of Christmas Tree Farms and lots in Columbus and the surrounding areas. Make a day of it of it at one of these Christmas Tree Farms or tree lots, take some photos, and have a blast decorating with family or friends. Most Christmas Tree Farms open during Thanksgiving weekend!
Tips on choosing your tree
- MEASURE! Make sure you know your ceiling height and account for the tree stand that you’ll be using before you go to one of the christmas tree farms.
- Drilled or clamp stand? You can have a hole drilled through the center of your tree for a drilled tree stand, which are sold at some tree farms. If you have a clamp stand, make sure the trunk of your tree will fit securely in the clamp (not too small and not too big). Leave enough trunk that you can slice off a small piece when you get home so that it’s a fresh cut that will soak up the water.
- Type of tree. Decide what type of tree you prefer, as these are often planted in different areas on the tree farms. Long needles or short, green or blue green, fir, spruce, or pine? Here’s an article of different Christmas tree types and photos. We love Fraser Fir – the needles are soft, the fragrance is amazing, and they last longer without dropping needles.
NOTE: Please check the links to verify that the Christmas tree farms are open before you go. As it gets closer to Christmas, some farms will stop operations early if they sell the allotted amount of trees for the season. This ensures they will have enough mature trees for the following season.
Christmas Tree Farms in North Columbus
Christmas Tree Junction, 430 Willey Road, Delaware, Ohio Phone 740-363-9105
- Open: TBA for 2019, typically open weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas, 10am-5pm or by appointment.
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, and Blue Spruce
- Price: All cut-your-own trees are $30, tree stands for $5 and tree removal bags for $1. (prices from 2018; subject to change)
- Extras: Saws and baling provided.
Country Cabin Tree Farm, 3600 Wilson Road, Sunbury – (740) 832-9345
- Open: 9-5 weekends on November 29-30 and December 1, 6, 7, 8, 13, 14 & 15
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, Canaan Fir with red tags in field. Fraser Fir is available pre-cut.
- Price: $8-$10 per foot, plus tax
- Extras: Hand saws, sleds, tree shaking, drilling, and tree bags provided. Free greenery, candy canes, and a warm fire. Also selling holiday gifts, warm drinks, and tree stands. Dogs welcome on a leash.
Fly-A-Way Farm, 1950 Lackey-Old State Road, Delaware, OH 43015. Phone: 740-548-7355.
- Open: December 7 and 8 only
- Varieties: Canaan Fir, Scotch Pine, and White Pine
- Price: $8-$10 per foot (cash and check only)
- Extras: Hand saws, hay rides to and from field, tree shaking and baling provided. Help can be provided for those who need it. Free hot chocolate and homemade sugar cookies around a wood fire. Well-behaved pets welcome. Drilled tree stands available for purchase; drilling is included. Wreaths and pine roping available for sale. Photo sessions can be scheduled for a fee year-round except select dates; see details.
Glass Family Farm, LLC, 6551 Lewis Center Road, Galena, OH 43021. Phone: 740-548-7027
- Open: tba for 2019, call before you go to ensure they are open
- Varieties: Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Pine, and other varieties
- Price: pricing tba
Heimbush Farms, 21590 Northwest Parkway, Marysville, OH 43040. Phone: 937-644-2455
- Open: Thanksgiving weekend- Friday 9-dark, Saturday, 9-dark, and Sunday noon-dark, Then the rest of the season Monday-Friday 3-dark, Saturday 9-dark, Sunday noon-dark thru Christmas eve. Best selection within the first 2 weeks.
- Varieties: You-Choose and You-Cut varieties: Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Pine.
- Price: $30 most trees – trees over 8 ft or Norway Spruce priced as marked (up to $50). Checks or cash only.
- Extras: Saw and tree tying provided. Gift shop and refreshment available.
Irwins Farm, 18961 Collins Rd., Marysville, Ohio 43040
- Open: November 23, 24, 29, and 30; December 1, 7, 8, 14 and 15 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Varieties: Spruce and Scotch Pine, from 3ft – 15ft.
- Price: All trees for $40
- Extras: Saws provided. Wagon hayride to the trees. Well-behaved pets welcome.
Joat Mon Tree Farms, 1976 Klondike Rd, Delaware, Ohio Phone: 614-395-0083
- Open: Opens for a bonus weekend on November 23 and 24; regular season starts on November 29. Monday through Friday 12 pm to dark; Weekends 9 am to dark.
- Varieties: Scotch pine you-cut. Fraser Fir and Blue Spruce available pre-cut
- Price: tba; call for details
- Extras: Saws, tree shaking and tying provided. Free hot chocolate, cider, and treats available.
Stonehaven Tree Farm, 6718 Perry Road, Centerburg, OH 43011. Phone: 614-668-6292
- Open: date tba; Saturdays and Sundays: 9am – dark
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, Eastern White Pine, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, White Pine, White Spruce.
- Price: $35 and up, Dug and balled trees $65 and up, Pine roping starts at $20, wreaths at $25
- Extras: Free Hot Cocoa and Cookies for children, Hay wagon rides (depending on weather).
Taylor Tree Farm, 3720 Wilson Road, Sunbury, OH 43074. Phone: (740) 965-3293
- Open: Friday, Nov. 29th, and Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 30th-Dec. 1st from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m. They plant obe open on December 7 and 8 too, but they are expecting a large crowd the first weekend and trees may be limited. They recommend you come opening weekend to ensure you get a tree you want.
- Varieties: Scotch Pine and White Spruce
- Price: $50 any size!; cash or check only
- Extras: Saws, sled, baling provided. Take a family photo at the caboose!
Whiteside Evergreens, 18875 Boerger Rd, Marysville, OH (937) 243-3771
- Open: Monday to Friday 4 p.m. to 8pm, Saturday 10 to 8, Sunday 12 to 8.
- Varieties: You-cut, Scotch Pine only; Pre-cut; Scotch Pine, Canaan Fir, Concolor fir, Fraser Fir, Blue Spruce. Balled and burlap also available
- Price: Varies; cash and check only
- Extras: tree shaking and bailing provided
Christmas Tree Farms in East Columbus
Carson Nurseries, 11622 Blue Jay Rd. Heath, Ohio 43056. Phone. (740) 763-1001
- Open: tba, no website or facebook page. Family-owned nursery. I would expect them to be open weekends after Thanksgiving, but call to be sure.
- Varieties: Multiple varieties -we got an amazing Frazier Fer.
- Price: Prices vary per tree
- Extras: Hand saws, baling, and tying provided. Free greenery. Free hot cocoa and cookies. This was our nicest tree farm experience in 8 years. They had many, many trees available (some pre-cut), and beautiful scenery.
Hickory Ridge Tree Farm, 3600 Johnstown Alexandria Road, Johnstown, OH. Phone: (740) 924-5054.
- Open: Thanksgiving – December 24, Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm, Weekends 9:00am-5:00pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Norway Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pines, Canaan Fir, Fraser Fir. Dug trees available.
- Price: Starting at $30 by size and variety; cash or check only
- Extras: Hand saws, baling, and tying provided. Free greenery.
Homestead Farm, Inc., 2551 Loudon Street, Granville, OH 43023. Phone: 740-587-1345
- Open: Nov. 26th & 27th Noon till 5pm. Starting Nov. 29th, every Fri., Sat., Sun., 9-5pm. Closing Dec. 21st at 5pm
- Varieties and Price: $40 White Pine, $40 Scotch Pine; Norway Spruce, Canaan Fir & Colorado Blue Spruce are $55 up to 7ft & 7ft+ $70. Pre-cut available. (prices from 2018)
- Extras: Saws, sleds, tree bags, shaking, and baling provided. Free trimmings. Gift shop, refreshments, wagon rides to the field, food trailer. Tree drilling $3 or free will purchase of a drill stand.
Legend Hills Orchard, 11335 Reynolds Road, Utica, OH 43080. Phone: 740-892-3832.
- Open: Mon-Sat 9-5, Sunday 10-5, beginning Thanksgiving weekend.
- Varieties: Fraiser Fir, Cannan Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine, Norway Spruce, and Blue Spruce are available cut, cut-your-own, or already dug. For more information, E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Price: Varies
Messerall Family Farm, 4488 Hardscrabble Road, Alexandria, OH. Phone: (740) 924-8495.
- Open: Nov. 29 – Dec. 22, 2019; Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays of each week, from 9-5.
- Varieties: White Pine, Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce. Cut your own, pre cut, and living trees available. 12+ foot trees available.
- Price: Varies. We offer a 10% military discount for active duty military.
- Extras: Baling provided. Also offering wreaths, crafts, refreshments, and farm Tours
Mr Tree Farm, 1099 Reynoldsburg New Albany Road, Blacklick, OH 43004. Phone: 614-577-0081.
- Open: Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 7 pm; Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm; Cut your own closes at dark each day (fresh cut trees is open until closing); We open the weekend before Thanksgiving until the end of the season.
- Varieties: Austrian Pine, Balsam Fir, Black Hills Spruce, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Fir (Concolor Fir), White Pine, White Spruce.
PreCut varieties: Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine. Living, rooted tree varieties: Blue Spruce, White Pine, White Spruce. Over 20,000 trees!
- Price: $10 per foot and up
- Extras: Hand saws provided with id or credit card as security, shaking and baling provided. Weekends offer winter hayrides, Santa’s workshop, family petting zoo, hot chocolate and hot spiced cider. Santa is often available on weekends. Check out the Authentic C & O Railroad Caboose. Also selling wreaths, boughs, garlands, and concessions.
Ron & Kelly Walsh Tree Farm, 6826 Farimount Road S.E., Newark – (740) 323-4885
- Open: Open the day after Thanksgiving from 12-5 on Sunday and 9-5 on Saturday.
- Varieties and Price: Fraser Fir: $45.00, Blue Spruce: $30.00, White Pine: $25.00. Cut your own and pre-cut. Table top and tall trees available.
Timbuk Farms, 2030 Timbuk Road, Granville, OH 43023. Phone: 740-587-2178
- Open: November 29 (Day after Thanksgiving) through Sunday, December 22. Saturday & Sunday 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday 10am to 5pm
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, Douglas Fir, Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce, White Spruce. Concolor Fir
- Price: $20+. Charlie Brown trees available for $6-$19 are trees of irregular shape and size.
- Extras: Shaking, baling, and bags provided. Wreaths, roping, gift shop, refreshments, farm tours, and heated lodge. Food service, roaring hearth and Santa and Mrs. Claus make appearances for photos on weekends (see schedule).
Walsh Tree Farm, 9068 Eden Church Road, St. Louisville, OH 43071 Phone: 740.745.5040
- Open: Opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving. November 23 – December 21. Hours are Monday to Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, Sunday Noon to 5 pm.
- Varieties: Fraser Fir for you-cut, Blue Spruce and White Pine are pre-cut
- Price: $60 for cut your own. Pre-cut are $10-$50.
- Extras: Saw provided. Wreaths, roping, crafts, and personalized ornaments available. Baling costs extra.
Wasem’s Tree Farm, 4606 Sportsmans Club Rd, Johnstown, OH 43031. Phone: 740-967-9139
- Open: Friday through Sunday from 9am to 5pm, other times by appointment.
- Varieties and Prices: You-cut White Pine $4 per foot Canaan & Fraser Fir $6 per foot Blue Spruce $7 per foot (subject to change). Cash or check.
Christmas Tree Farms in South Columbus
none known at this time
Christmas Tree Farms in West Columbus
TNTrees Farm, 7183 Davis Rd, Hilliard OH 43026 Phone: 614 876 7297
- Open: November 22nd thru December 22nd. Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm. Monday thru Thursday by appointment only
- Varieties and Prices: Scotch Pines and White Pines are $39* regardless of size. Canaan Firs are $46* regardless of size.
- Extras: They provide saws, shaking and baling, and have twine if needed.
Christmas Tree Lots in Columbus
Oakland Nursery (4 locations)
- Open: Season begins November 30
- Varieties and Prices: Huge selection of pre-cut and live trees priced from $10.99.
- Extras: Experience the season events going on through the whole holiday season including photos with Santa, breakfast with Santa, Horse drawn carriages, holiday decor and gifts, reindeer, live music, free refreshments, and more. See holiday flyer for details.
Campus Pitt Stop Taylor Tree Farm Sale, 868 West Lane Avenue, Columbus, OH 43221. Phone: 614-488-8877 (Corner of Lane and Kenny)
- Open: 9am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and 9am to 6 pm on Sunday; Open tba until Christmas Eve.
- Varieties: Precut Christmas trees; Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine.
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, Christmas boughs, garlands, Christmas decorations, trees tied
Hoffman’s Farm Market, 800 Hilliard-Rome Road, Columbus, OH. Phone: 614-878-5161
- Open: Daily from 9am to 6pm
- Varieties: Live fresh cut trees, prices tba
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, poinsettias, grave blankets
HTH Farm Market, 2340 W. Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43235. Phone: 614-266-9377
- Open: Friday after Thanksgiving through December 23rd, 7 days a week. Open M-Th 12-7pm, Fri 10-8pm, Sat 9-8pm & Sun 9-7pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, garlands, trees tied, trees baled, Fresh eggs, meat, cheese, and more.
The Hill’s Market, 7860 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43235
- Open: Store hours are Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Varieties and Price: Varies by tree and size.
Whole Foods Marke
- Open: Standard Hours
- Varieties and Price: Varies per store; a reader reported beautiful trees for $50
Not open for 2019
- Open: CLOSED for 2019
- Varieties: Fir, Blue Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pine, Canaan Fir
- Price: n/a
Dale Tree Farm, 9481 Kilbourne Road, Sunbury (740) 816-8229
Dale Tree Farm has closed due to a barn fire
Black Forest Pines, 3527 Johnstown/Utica Road S.R.62, Johnstown, OH 43031. Phone: 614-855-1146
- Open: Website says closed until Spring 2020
- Varieties: You-Choose and You-Cut varieties: Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Eastern White Pine, Norway Spruce, Serbian Spruce, Scotch Pine. PreCut varieties: Canaan Fir, Scotch Pine.
- Price: $34 and up
- Extras: Hand saws and sled, shaking and baling provided. Christmas Barn with Wreaths, Ornaments, Crafts, Gifts, Candy, Cookies, and Hot Beverages. Leashed pets welcome. Dug and balled trees available.
Don’t miss these Christmas Events in Columbus, Ohio
Sunday, September 20, 2020
Thursday, September 24, 2020
Sunday, September 27, 2020
Thursday, October 1, 2020
Sunday, October 4, 2020
Wednesday, October 7, 2020
Thursday, October 8, 2020
Sunday, October 11, 2020
Thursday, October 15, 2020
Sunday, October 18, 2020
Thursday, October 22, 2020
Sunday, October 25, 2020
Thursday, October 29, 2020
Sunday, November 1, 2020
Wednesday, November 4, 2020
Friday, November 6, 2020
Saturday, November 7, 2020
Sunday, November 8, 2020
Monday, November 9, 2020
Tuesday, November 10, 2020
Thursday, November 12, 2020
Friday, November 13, 2020
Saturday, November 14, 2020
Sunday, November 15, 2020
Monday, November 16, 2020