The holiday season has arrived and one of the main features of Christmas is the Christmas Tree! Whether you decorate yours the day before Thanksgiving, or on December 24, here’s a list of Christmas Tree Farms and lots in Columbus and the surrounding areas.
Make a day of it of it at one of these Christmas Tree Farms or tree lots, take some photos, and have a blast decorating with family or friends. Most Christmas Tree Farms open during Thanksgiving weekend!
In 2020, it’s more important than ever that you check links and verify information before you go. Changes at tree farms (and all events) can occur at any time. We do our best to provide accurate and detailed information, and we always include links when possible, but changes can and do happen. In addition, please verify health and safety guidelines for each location, or at least be prepare to wear a mask where required.
Tips on choosing your tree
- MEASURE! Make sure you know your ceiling height and account for the tree stand that you’ll be using before you go to one of the Christmas tree farms.
- Drilled or clamp stand? You can have a hole drilled through the center of your tree for a drilled tree stand, which are sold at some tree farms. If you have a clamp stand, make sure the trunk of your tree will fit securely in the clamp (not too small and not too big). Leave enough trunk that you can slice off a small piece when you get home so that it’s a fresh cut that will soak up the water.
- Type of tree. Decide what type of tree you prefer, as these are often planted in different areas on the tree farms. Long needles or short, green or blue green, fir, spruce, or pine? Here’s an article of different Christmas tree types and photos. We love Fraser Fir – the needles are soft, the fragrance is amazing, and they last longer without dropping needles.
NOTE: Please check the links to verify that the Christmas tree farms are open before you go. As it gets closer to Christmas, some farms will stop operations early if they sell the allotted amount of trees for the season. This ensures they will have enough mature trees for the following season.
Christmas Tree Farms in North Columbus
Country Cabin Tree Farm, 3600 Wilson Road, Sunbury – (740) 832-9345
- Open: 9-5 weekends on November 27-29 and December 4-6, 2020
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, Canaan Fir with red tags in field. Fraser Fir is available pre-cut.
- Price: $8-$11 per foot, plus tax
- Extras: Hand saws, sleds, tree shaking, drilling, and tree bags provided. Free greenery, candy canes, and a warm fire. Also selling holiday gifts, warm drinks, and tree stands. Dogs welcome on a leash.
- Professionals photos are not allowed at the farm
Heimbush Farms, 21590 Northwest Parkway, Marysville, OH 43040. Phone: 937-644-2455
- Open: Opens on Black Friday. Friday 9 am-dark, Saturday, 9 qm-dark, and Sunday noon-dark, Then the rest of the season Monday-Friday 3 pm-dark, Saturday 9am -dark, Sunday noon-dark thru Christmas eve. Best selection within the first 2 weeks.
- Varieties: You-Choose and You-Cut varieties: Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Pine.
- Price: $30 most trees – trees over 8 ft or Norway Spruce priced as marked (up to $50). Checks or cash only. (pricing is from 2019)
- Extras: Saw and tree tying provided. Gifts, crafts, and baked goods will be sold outside in 2020. The inside of the gift shop won’t be open to the public.
Irwins Farm, 18961 Collins Rd., Marysville, Ohio 43040
- Open: November 21, 22, 27, 28, and 29; December 5, 6, 12, and 13 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Varieties: Spruce and Scotch Pine, from 3ft – 10ft.
- Price: All trees for $50
- Extras: Saws provided. Wagon hayride to the trees. Well-behaved pets have been welcome in past years
- Facebook link
Joat Mon Tree Farms, 1976 Klondike Rd, Delaware, Ohio Phone: 614-395-0083
- Open: Opens on November 21; Monday through Friday 12 pm to dark; Weekends 9 am to dark. Closed on Thanksgiving
- Varieties: Scotch pine you-cut. Fraser Fir and Blue Spruce available pre-cut
- Price: tba; call for details
- Extras: Saws, tree shaking and tying provided.
Stonehaven Tree Farm, 6718 Perry Road, Centerburg, OH 43011. Phone: 614-668-6292.
- Open: Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays: 9am – dark. Saturday, Nov 21st – Sunday, December 20th. Open on Black Friday, November 27th. Other dates/times by appointment
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, Eastern White Pine, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, White Pine, White Spruce.
- Price: $40 and up, Dug and balled trees $75 and up, wreaths and other greenery available for purchase
- Extras: Free Hot Cocoa and Cookies for children; visit the miniature horses and shop for crafts and goodies.
- Facebook link
Whiteside Evergreens, 18875 Boerger Rd, Marysville, OH (937) 243-3771
- Open: Monday to Friday 4 p.m. to 8pm, Saturday 10 to 8, Sunday 12 to 8.
- Varieties: You-cut, Scotch Pine only; Pre-cut; Scotch Pine, Canaan Fir, Concolor fir, Fraser Fir, Blue Spruce. Balled and burlap also available
- Price: Varies; cash, check, or credit card
- Extras: tree shaking and bailing provided
Christmas Tree Junction, 430 Willey Road, Delaware, Ohio Phone 740-363-9105
- Open: TBA for 2020, typically open weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas, 10am-5pm or by appointment.
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, and Blue Spruce
- Price: All cut-your-own trees are $30, tree stands for $5 and tree removal bags for $1. (prices from 2018; subject to change)
- Extras: Saws and baling provided.
Glass Family Farm, LLC, 6551 Lewis Center Road, Galena, OH 43021. Phone: 740-548-7027
- Open: tba for 2020, call before you go to ensure they are open
- Varieties: Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Pine, and other varieties
- Price: pricing tba
Fly-A-Way Farm, 1950 Lackey-Old State Road, Delaware, OH 43015. Phone: 740-548-7355.
- CLOSED for 2020
- Varieties: Canaan Fir, Scotch Pine, and White Pine
- Price: $8-$10 per foot (cash and check only)
- Extras: Hand saws, hay rides to and from field, tree shaking and baling provided. Help can be provided for those who need it. Free hot chocolate and homemade sugar cookies around a wood fire. Well-behaved pets welcome. Drilled tree stands available for purchase; drilling is included. Wreaths and pine roping available for sale. Photo sessions can be scheduled for a fee year-round except select dates; see details.
Christmas Tree Farms in East Columbus
Carson Nurseries, 11622 Blue Jay Rd. Heath, Ohio 43056. Phone. (740) 763-1001
- Open: tba, no website or facebook page. Family-owned nursery. I would expect them to be open weekends after Thanksgiving, but call to be sure.
- Varieties: Multiple varieties -we got an amazing Frazier Fir.
- Price: Prices vary per tree
- Extras: Hand saws, baling, and tying provided. Free greenery. Free hot cocoa and cookies. This was our nicest tree farm experience in 8 years. They had many, many trees available (some pre-cut), and beautiful scenery.
Hickory Ridge Tree Farm, 3600 Johnstown Alexandria Road, Johnstown, OH. Phone: (740) 924-5054.
- Open: Thanksgiving – December 24, Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm, Weekends 9:00am-5:00pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Norway Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pines, Canaan Fir, Fraser Fir. Dug trees available.
- Price: Starting at $30 by size and variety; cash or check only
- Extras: Hand saws, baling, and tying provided. Free greenery.
- Open: Farm Market: Mon-Sat 9-5, Sunday 10-5, beginning Thanksgiving weekend.
Tree Farm: Saturday-Sunday 9am-DARK *Through the week by appointment only
- Varieties: Fraiser Fir, Cannan Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine, Norway Spruce, and Blue Spruce are available cut, cut-your-own, or already dug.
Pre-cut trees are available at Legend Hills farm market, or you can cut your own at Pine Lake Tree Farm 2 miles south of Legend Hills Farm Market
- Price: $25 and up (from 2019)
- Extra: Tree baling providing
Messerall Family Farm, 4488 Hardscrabble Road, Alexandria, OH. Phone: (740) 924-8495
- Open: November 20th through Dec 13th, on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays of each week, from 9-5
- Varieties: White Pine, Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce. Cut your own, pre cut, and living trees available. 12+ foot trees available.
- Price: Varies; starting at $60 for a 6 ft tree, and up. Offers a 10% military discount for active duty military.
- Extras: Baling provided. Also offering wreaths, crafts, packaged refreshments, and more. See 2020 safety guidelines.
Mr Tree Farm, 1099 Reynoldsburg New Albany Road, Blacklick, OH 43004. Phone: 614-577-0081
- Open: Opening day is November 13! Hours are 10 am – 6 pm through November 25. Open on Thanksgiving day 10 am – 2 pm. Black Friday 10 am – 7 pm. Starting November 28 through the rest of the season, weekends from 10 am – 8 pm, and weekdays from 10 am – 7 pm. Cut your own closes at dark each day (fresh cut trees is open until closing);
- Varieties: Austrian Pine, Balsam Fir, Black Hills Spruce, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Fir (Concolor Fir), White Pine, White Spruce.
PreCut varieties: Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine. Living, rooted tree varieties: Blue Spruce, White Pine, White Spruce. Over 20,000 trees!
- Price: $12 per foot and up
- Extras: Hand saws provided with id or credit card as security, shaking and baling provided. Weekends offer winter hayrides, Santa’s workshop, family petting zoo, hot chocolate and hot spiced cider. Santa is often available on weekends (details tba for 2020). Check out the Authentic C & O Railroad Caboose. Also selling wreaths, boughs, garlands, and concessions.
- Facebook page
Ron & Kelly Walsh Tree Farm, 6826 Farimount Road S.E., Newark – (740) 323-4885
- Open: Open the day after Thanksgiving from 12-5 on Sunday and 9-5 on Saturday.
- Varieties and Price: Fraser Fir: $45.00, Blue Spruce: $30.00, White Pine: $25.00. Cut your own and pre-cut. Table top and tall trees available.
Timbuk Farms, 2030 Timbuk Road, Granville, OH 43023. Phone: 740-587-2178
- Open: Friday after Thanksgiving through December 20. Saturday & Sunday 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday 10am to 5pm
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, Douglas Fir, Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce, White Spruce. Concolor Fir
- Price: $30+. Charlie Brown trees available for $6-$19 are trees of irregular shape and size (look for orange tags)
- Extras: Shaking, baling, and bags provided. Wreaths, roping, gift shop, refreshments, farm tours, and heated lodge. Santa will not be on-site for 2020; there will be a life size statue of Santa for pictures and other new Photo Op locations on the farm. See safety guidelines here; masks required in the lodge and in lines.
Walsh Tree Farm, 9068 Eden Church Road, St. Louisville, OH 43071 Phone: 740.745.5040
- Open: Opens the Saturday before Thanksgiving. November 21 – December 20. Hours are Monday to Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, Sunday Noon to 5 pm.
- Varieties: Fraser Fir for you-cut, Blue Spruce and White Pine are pre-cut
- Price: $65 for cut your own Fraser Fir. Pre-cut are $10-$60.
- Extras: Saw provided. Wreaths, roping, crafts, and personalized ornaments available. Baling costs extra.
- Photos: Professional photos must be scheduled; see details
- Facebook page
Homestead Farm, Inc., 2551 Loudon Street, Granville, OH 43023. Phone: 740-587-1345
- Open: Nov. 27th, 28th, 29th from 9-5pm, Dec. 5th, 6th, 12th, 19th from 9-5pm
- Varieties and Price: $40 White Pine, $40 Scotch Pine; Canaan Fir & Colorado Blue Spruce are $55 up to 7ft & 7ft+ $70. Pre-cut available. (prices from 2018)
- Extras: Saws, sleds, tree bags, shaking, and baling provided. Free trimmings. Gift shop, refreshments, wagon rides to the field (tba), refreshments.
- Precautions: Masks will be required while you are inside and anywhere you cannot socially distance. Plexiglass barriers installed for checkouts, no indoor seating or coloring books. Refreshment will be available with outdoor seating and fire pits. No wreaths, grave blankets, or ornaments will be available for purchase this year.
- Facebook page
Christmas Tree Farms in South Columbus
none known at this time
Christmas Tree Farms in West Columbus
TNTrees Farm, 7183 Davis Rd, Hilliard OH 43026 Phone: 614 876 7297
- Open: Open November 20th thru December 20th. (Closed Thanksgiving Day) Hours: Friday, Saturday and Sunday 9am to 5pm; Monday thru Thursday by appointment only.
- Varieties and Prices: Scotch Pines and White Pines are $39* regardless of size. Canaan Firs are $49* regardless of size.
- Extras: They provide saws, shaking and baling, and have twine if needed.
- Facebook link
Christmas Tree Lots in Columbus
Oakland Nursery (4 locations)
- Open: Season begins November 23
- Varieties and Prices: Huge selection of pre-cut and live trees priced from $10.99.
- Extras: Experience the season events going on through the whole holiday season including photos with Santa, breakfast with Santa, Horse drawn carriages, holiday decor and gifts, reindeer, live music, free refreshments, and more. See holiday flyer for details.
HTH Farm Market, 2340 W. Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43235. Phone: 614-266-9377; also located at Cabela’s Polaris
- Open: Week of Thanksgiving and run through December 22nd, 7 days a week. Open M-Th 12-7pm, Fri 10-8pm, Sat 9-8pm & Sun 9-7pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, garlands, trees tied, trees baled.
The Hill’s Market, 7860 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43235
- Open: Trees tba for 2020. Store hours are Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Varieties and Price: Varies by tree and size.
- Facebook page
Whole Foods Market
- Open: Standard Hours
- Varieties and Price: Varies per store; a reader reported beautiful trees for $50
Campus Pitt Stop Taylor Tree Farm Sale, 868 West Lane Avenue, Columbus, OH 43221. Phone: 614-488-8877 (Corner of Lane and Kenny)
- Open: TBA for 2020
- Varieties: Precut Christmas trees; Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine.
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, Christmas boughs, garlands, Christmas decorations, trees tied
Hoffman’s Farm Market, 800 Hilliard-Rome Road, Columbus, OH. Phone: 614-878-5161
- Open: TBA for 2020
- Varieties: Live fresh cut trees, prices tba
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, poinsettias, grave blankets
Not open for 2019
- Open: CLOSED for 2019
- Varieties: Fir, Blue Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pine, Canaan Fir
- Price: n/a
Don’t miss these Christmas Events in Columbus, Ohio
Thursday, December 3, 2020
Friday, December 4, 2020
Saturday, December 5, 2020
Sunday, December 6, 2020
Monday, December 7, 2020
Tuesday, December 8, 2020
Wednesday, December 9, 2020
Thursday, December 10, 2020
Friday, December 11, 2020
Saturday, December 12, 2020
Sunday, December 13, 2020
Monday, December 14, 2020
Tuesday, December 15, 2020
Wednesday, December 16, 2020
Thursday, December 17, 2020
Friday, December 18, 2020
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Sunday, December 20, 2020
Monday, December 21, 2020
Tuesday, December 22, 2020
Wednesday, December 23, 2020
Thursday, December 24, 2020
Friday, December 25, 2020
Saturday, December 26, 2020
Sunday, December 27, 2020
Monday, December 28, 2020
Tuesday, December 29, 2020
Wednesday, December 30, 2020
Thursday, December 31, 2020
Friday, January 1, 2021
Saturday, January 2, 2021
Sunday, January 3, 2021
Monday, January 4, 2021
Tuesday, January 5, 2021
Wednesday, January 6, 2021
Thursday, January 7, 2021
Friday, January 8, 2021
Saturday, January 9, 2021
Sunday, January 10, 2021