The holiday season has arrived and one of the main features of Christmas is the Christmas Tree! Whether you decorate yours the day before Thanksgiving, or on December 24, here’s a list of Christmas Tree Farms and lots in Columbus and the surrounding areas. Make a day of it of it at one of these Christmas Tree Farms or tree lots, take some photos, and have a blast decorating with family or friends.
Don’t miss the other holiday event posts:
- Your Guide to Christmas and Holiday Events in Columbus
- Over 30 Holiday Art and Craft Festivals
- Christmas Tree Farms and Lots in Columbus
- Breakfasts with Santa
- Photos with Santa
- Locations of Mailboxes for Letters to Santa
- Community Tree Lightings and Holiday Celebrations in Columbus
- Holiday Train Rides in Ohio: Santa Trains and Polar Express
- CBS Holiday Special Schedule
Tips on choosing your tree
- MEASURE! Make sure you know your ceiling height and account for the tree stand that you’ll be using.
- Drilled or clamp stand? You can have a hole drilled through the center of your tree for a drilled tree stand, which are sold at some tree farms. If you have a clamp stand, make sure the trunk of your tree will fit securely in the clamp (not too small and not too big). Leave enough trunk that you can slice off a small piece when you get home so that it’s a fresh cut that will soak up the water.
- Type of tree. Decide what type of tree you prefer, as these are often planted in different areas on the tree farms. Long needles or short, green or blue green, fir, spruce, or pine? Here’s an article of different Christmas tree types and photos.
NOTE: Please check the links to verify that the Christmas tree farm is still open before you go. As it gets closer to Christmas, some farms will stop operations early if they sell the allotted amount of trees for the season. This ensures they will have enough mature trees for the following season.
Christmas Tree Farms in North Columbus
- Open: Weekends only, Saturday and Sunday 8 am to 5:00 pm, beginning November 18 through December 18
- Varieties: Fir, Blue Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pine, Canaan Fir
- Price: All you-cut trees are $40!
- Extras: Saws, twine netting, and tree shaking provided. Also sell wreaths, pine boughs, wooden signs, gifts, and fresh cut tress. Enjoy free hot chocolate and cookies in front of the fire, candy canes, and plenty of photos ops
Christmas Tree Junction, 430 Willey Road, Delaware, Ohio Phone 740-363-9105
- Open: Open weekends between Thanksgiving and Christmas, 10am-5pm or by appointment
- Varieties: Scotch Pine and White Pine
- Price: All cut-your-own trees are $30, tree stands for $5 and tree removal bags for $1.
- Extras: Saws and baling provided.
Country Cabin Tree Farm, 3600 Wilson Road, Sunbury – (740) 832-9345
- Open: 9-5 weekends on November 24, 25, 26, and December 2, 3, 9, 10.
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, Canaan Fir with red tags in field. Fraser Fir is available pre-cut.
- Price: Scotch Pine – $6.00 per foot, White Pine – $7.00 per foot, Canaan Fir – $9.00 per foot (11′ and taller are priced at 11 foot). Pre-cut Fraser Fir 7′ to 10′ – $8 per foot
- Extras: Hand saws, sleds, tree shaking, drilling, and tree bags provided. Free greenery, candy canes, and a warm fire. Also selling holiday gifts, warm drinks, and tree stands. Dogs welcome on a leash.
Dale Tree Farm, 9481 Kilbourne Road, Sunbury – (740) 816-8229 9-5
- Open: November 24, 25, 25 and December 1, 2, 3 from 9 am – 5 pm, only
- Varieties and Price: Scotch Pines: $6 per foot, White Pines: $7 per foot, Norway Spruce: $8 per foot, Canaan Firs: $9 per foot
- Extras: Hand saws, sleds, tree shaking and bagging provided. Free tree trimmings and hot cocoa in the warm barn. Also selling wreaths and boughs.
Fly-A-Way Farm, 1950 Lackey-Old State Road, Delaware, OH 43015. Phone: 740-548-7355.
- Open: December 2 and 3 only
- Varieties: Canaan Fir, Scotch Pine, Norway Spruce, and White Pine
- Price: $6-$9 per foot (cash and check only)
- Extras: Hand saws, hay rides to and from field, tree shaking and baling provided. Assistance provided for those needing help with cutting. Free hot chocolate and homemade sugar cookies around a wood fire. Well-behaved pets welcome. Drilled tree stands available for purchase; drilling is included. Wreaths and pine roping available for sale. Photo sessions can be scheduled for a fee year round; see details.
Glass Family Farm, LLC, 6551 Lewis Center Road, Galena, OH 43021. Phone: 740-548-7027
- Open: Monday-Saturday 9 am to 5 pm, Sunday 1 pm to 5 pm. (hours from 2016)
- Varieties: Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Pine, and other varieties
- Price: $40 per tree for you cut or they cut; cash or check (2016 pricing)
Heimbush Farms, 21590 Northwest Parkway, Marysville, OH 43040. Phone: 937-644-2455
- Open: November 24 at 9 am (other hours to be released soon) In 2016, Monday-Friday 3-dark, Sat 9-dark, Sunday,noon-dark
- Varieties: You-Choose and You-Cut varieties: Austrian Pine, Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Pine.
- Price: Prices start at $35; cash or check. $5 bargain trees available until sold out.
- Extras: Saw and tree tying provided. Gift shop and refreshment available.
Irwins Farm, 18961 Collins Rd., Marysville, Ohio 43040
- Open: November 24, 25, and 26; December 2, 3, 9,10, 16, 17 and 23 from 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
- Varieties: Spruce and Scotch Pine, from 3ft – 15ft.
- Price: All trees for $35
- Extras: Saws provided. Wagon hayride to the trees. Well-behaved pets welcome.
Joat Mon Tree Farms, 1976 Klondike Rd, Delaware, Ohio Phone: 614-395-0083
- Open: Opens the November 24; Monday through Friday 12 pm to dark; Weekends 9 am to dark.
- Varieties: Scotch pine you-cut. Fraser Fir and Blue Spruce available pre-cut
- Price: $8 per foot (2016 price)
- Extras: Saws, tree shaking and tying provided. Free hot chocolate, cider, and treats available.
Stonehaven Tree Farm, 6718 Perry Road, Centerburg, OH 43011. Phone: 614-668-6292
- Open: Dates and times not released for 2017 yet
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Douglas Fir, Eastern White Pine, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, White Pine, White Spruce.
- Price: You-cut – $35 and up, We-cut $35 and up, Dug and balled trees $65 and up, Pine roping starts at $20, wreaths at $25
- Extras: Free Hot Cocoa and Cookies for children, Hay wagon rides (depending on weather).
Taylor Tree Farm, 3720 Wilson Road, Sunbury, OH 43074. Phone: (740) 965-3293
- Open: Saturday-Sunday, Nov. 25-26 and Dec. 2-3 from 9:00 a.m.-5:00 p.m (now closed for the season)
- Varieties: Scotch Pine and White Spruce
- Price: $50 any size
- Extras: Saws, sled, baling provided. Take a family photo at the caboose!
Whiteside Evergreens, 18875 Boerger Rd, Marysville, OH (937) 243-3771
- Open: Monday to Friday 4 p.m. to 8pm, Saturday 10 to 8, Sunday 12 to 8.
- Varieties: You-cut, Scotch Pine only; Pre-cut; Scotch Pine, Canaan Fir, Concolor fir, Fraser Fir, Blue Spruce. Balled and burlap also available
- Price: Varies; cash and check only
- Extras: tree shaking and bailing provided
Christmas Tree Farms in East Columbus
Black Forest Pines, 3527 Johnstown/Utica Road S.R.62, Johnstown, OH 43031. Phone: 614-855-1146
- Open: November 18 – December 17, Friday, Saturday, and Sunday from 10:00 am to 5:00 pm
- Varieties: You-Choose and You-Cut varieties: Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Eastern White Pine, Norway Spruce, Serbian Spruce, Scotch Pine. PreCut varieties: Canaan Fir, Scotch Pine.
- Price: $34 and up
- Extras: Hand saws and sled, shaking and baling provided. Christmas Barn with Wreaths, Ornaments, Crafts, Gifts, Candy, Cookies, and Hot Beverages. Leashed pets welcome. Dug and balled trees available.
Cable Road Tree Farm, 10658 Cable Rd, Pataskala, OH 43062. Phone: 740-927-7260.
- Open: Nov. 24th, 25th, 26th, Dec. 2nd and 3rd, 9th and 10th from 10 am – 5 pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine. You cut or they cut.
- Price: $50 for a 5ft tree. $5 for each additional foot. Cash or Check only
- Extras: Saws and tree carts provided. Free tree trimmings while available.
Hickory Ridge Tree Farm, 3600 Johnstown Alexandria Road, Johnstown, OH. Phone: (740) 924-5054.
- Open: Thanksgiving – December 24 Mon-Fri 9:00am-5:00pm, Weekends 9:00am-5:00pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Norway Spruce, White Pine, Scotch Pines, Canaan Fir, Fraser Fir. Dug trees available.
- Price: Starting at $30 by size and variety; cash or check only
- Extras: Hand saws, baling, and tying provided. Free greenery.
Homestead Farm, Inc., 2551 Loudon Street, Granville, OH 43023. Phone: 740-587-1345
- Open: Nov. 21st & 22nd Noon till 5pm, Starting Nov. 24th Every Fri., Sat., Sun., 9-5pm through December 23
- Varieties and Price: $40 White Pine, $40 Scotch Pine; Norway Spruce, Canaan Fir & Colorado Blue Spruce are $55 up to 7ft & 7ft+ $70. Pre-cut available.
- Extras: Saws, sleds, tree bags, shaking, and baling provided. Free trimmings. Gift shop, refreshments, wagon rides to the field, food trailer. Tree drilling $3 or free will purchase of a drill stand.
Legend Hills Orchard, 11335 Reynolds Road, Utica, OH 43080. Phone: 740-892-3832.
- Open: Mon-Sat 9-5, Sunday 10-5
- Varieties: Fraiser Fir, Cannan Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine, Norway Spruce, and Blue Spruce are available cut, cut-your-own, or already dug. For more information, E-mail:email@example.com
- Price: Varys
Messerall Family Farm, 4488 Hardscrabble Road, Alexandria, OH. Phone: (740) 924-8495.
- Open: Nov. 17, 2017 – Dec. 10, 2017; Friday: 9am – 5pm, Saturday: 9am – 5pm, Sunday: Noon – 5pm
- Varieties: White Pine, Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce. Cut your own, pre cut, and living trees available. 12+ foot trees available.
- Price: Varies
- Extras: Baling provided. Also offering wreaths, crafts, refreshments, and farm Tours
Mr Tree Farm, 1099 Reynoldsburg New Albany Road, Blacklick, OH 43004. Phone: 614-577-0081.
- Open: Sunday to Thursday from 10 am to 7 pm; Friday and Saturday from 9 am to 9 pm; Cut your own closes at dark each day (fresh cut trees is open until closing); We open the weekend before Thanksgiving until the end of the season.
- Varieties: Austrian Pine, Balsam Fir, Black Hills Spruce, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Norway Spruce, Scotch Pine, White Fir (Concolor Fir), White Pine, White Spruce.
PreCut varieties: Balsam Fir, Blue Spruce, Canaan Fir, Colorado Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine.
Living, rooted tree varieties: Blue Spruce, White Pine, White Spruce. Over 20,000 trees!
- Price: $10 per foot and up
- Extras: Hand saws provided with id or credit card as security, shaking and baling provided. Weekends offer winter hayrides, Santa’s workshop, family petting zoo, hot chocolate and hot spiced cider. Santa is often available on weekends. Check out the Authentic C & O Railroad Caboose. Also selling wreaths, boughs, garlands, and concessions.
Ron & Kelly Walsh Tree Farm, 6826 Farimount Road S.E., Newark – (740) 323-4885
- Open: Open the day after Thanksgiving from 12-5 on Sunday and 9-5 Monday to Saturday.
- Varieties and Price: Fraser Fir: $45.00, Blue Spruce: $30.00, White Pine: $25.00. Cut your own and pre-cut. Table top and tall trees available.
Timbuk Farms, 2030 Timbuk Road, Granville, OH 43023. Phone: 740-587-2178
- Open: November 24th, (Day after Thanksgiving) through Sunday, December 17. Saturday & Sunday 9am to 5pm, Monday – Friday 10am to 5pm
- Varieties: Scotch Pine, White Pine, Douglas Fir, Canaan Fir, Blue Spruce, White Spruce. Concolor Fir
- Price: $20+. Charlie Brown trees available for $6-$19 are trees of irregular shape and size.
- Extras: Shaking, baling, and bags provided. Wreaths, roping, gift shop, refreshments, farm tours, and heated lodge. Food service, roaring hearth and Santa and Mrs. Claus make appearances for photos on weekends (see schedule).
Walsh Tree Farm, 9068 Eden Church Road, St. Louisville, OH 43071 Phone: 740.745.5040
- Open: Open on Friday, November 24. Hours are Monday to Saturday 10 am to 5 pm, Sunday Noon to 5 pm.
- Varieties: Fraser Fir and Blue Spruce for you-cut, Blue Spruce and White Pine are pre-cut
- Price: $60 for cut your own. Pre-cut are $10-$60.
- Extras: Saw provided. Wreaths, roping, crafts, and personalized ornaments available. Baling costs extra.
Wasem’s Tree Farm, 4606 Sportsmans Club Rd, Johnstown, OH 43031. Phone: 740-967-9139
- Open: Friday through Sunday from 9am to 5pm, other times by appointment.
- Varieties and Prices: You-cut White Pine $4 per foot Canaan & Fraser Fir $6 per foot Blue Spruce $7 per foot. Cash or check.
Christmas Tree Farms in South Columbus
none known at this time
Christmas Tree Farms in West Columbus
none known at this time
Christmas Tree Lots in Columbus
Oakland Nursery (4 locations)
- Open: Varies per store
- Varieties and Prices: Huge selection of pre-cut and live trees priced from $10.99.
- Extras: Experience the season events going on through the whole holiday season including photos with Santa, breakfast with Santa, Horse drawn carriages, holiday decor and gifts, reindeer, live music, free refreshments, and more. See holiday flyer for details.
Campus Pitt Stop Taylor Tree Farm Sale, 868 West Lane Avenue, Columbus, OH 43221. Phone: 614-488-8877 (Corner of Lane and Kenny)
- Open: 9am to 9pm Monday through Saturday and 9am to 6 pm on Sunday; Open from November 19 until Christmas Eve.
- Varieties: Precut Christmas trees; Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine.
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, Christmas boughs, garlands, Christmas decorations, trees tied
Hoffman’s Farm Market, 800 Hilliard-Rome Road, Columbus, OH. Phone: 614-878-5161
- Open: Daily from 9am to 6pm
- Varieties: Live fresh cut trees, prices started at $25 in 2016.
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, poinsettias, grave blankets
HTH Farm Market, 2340 W. Dublin Granville Rd, Columbus, OH 43235. Phone: 614-266-9377
- Open: Friday after Thanksgiving through December 23rd, 7 days a week. M-Th 12-7pm, Fri 10-8pm, Sat 9-8pm & Sun 9-7pm
- Varieties: Blue Spruce, Douglas Fir, Fraser Fir, Scotch Pine, White Pine
- Extras: Christmas wreaths, garlands, trees tied, trees baled, Fresh eggs, meat, cheese, and more.
The Hill’s Market, 7860 Olentangy River Road, Columbus, Ohio 43235
- Open: Store hours are Monday through Saturday from 8 a.m. to 10 p.m. and on Sunday from 9 a.m. to 8 p.m
- Varieties and Price: Varies by tree and size.
Whole Foods Market
- Open: Standard Hours
- Varieties and Price: Varies per store; a reader reported beautiful trees for $50