Autumn is a great time to visit the parks and watch the leaves changing. You’ll be likely to see more wildlife now that it isn’t as hot outside.
The Metro Parks are one of the great overlooked resources in our city – and nearly every program is free!
Find Fall Metro Park Hikes
To find the upcoming Metro Park hikes, check out the Program page. Narrow the search by date, park, or activity (select Hikes)…or check out all of the upcoming programs at the Metro Parks.
You’ll find full-moon hikes, fall fest pumpkin hike, hikes geared towards families, older adults, dogs and owners. Or choose a fast-paced hikes for those who are in shape and ready to walk quickly.
Some hikes are wheelchair-friendly and on paved paths, while others are off-path, so be sure to read the descriptions so that you know what to expect.
The hikes and FUN are free!
Want to go on your own? Just head to any of our great metro parks and hike one of the trails. Always stay on trail, carry a fully charged cell phone, observe closing times, and let a friend or family member know where you’ll be.
Or check out one of these great hikes or walks around Columbus.
Looking for Fall fun in Columbus? Check out these popular Fall pages!
- Upcoming weekend events
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Sunflower Fields in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More
- Over 100 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio
- Columbus Oktoberfest events
- 11 Haunted Woods and Haunted Houses Around Columbus
- 15 Spooky Ghost Tours around Columbus
- Safe Trick-or-Treat and Trunk-or-Treat in Columbus
- Trick or Treat Schedule Around Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Over 85 Indoor Play Places and Activities for kids around Columbus
- Huge List of Columbus Happy Hours
Leave a Reply