In effort to do their part in helping to manage the effects of closures in Ohio, Comcast extends assistance through June to help customers stay connected, including free internet for low income families. While school and work continues at home, and people are encouraged to stay at home, Comcast feels it’s important for customers to stay connected.
No Disconnects and Waiving Late Fees
Customers can contact Comcast if they aren’t able to pay their bills. They will not disconnect a customer’s Xfinity Internet, Xfinity Mobile, or Xfinity Voice service, and late fees will be waived. Flexible payment options and other solutions can be arranged with the care teams when you call.
Xfinity WiFi Free For Everyone
Xfinity WiFi hotspots in business and outdoor locations across the country will be available to anyone who needs them for free – including non-Xfinity Internet subscribers. For a map of Xfinity WiFi hotspots, visit www.xfinity.com/wifi.
Data Plans are Paused
Customers get unlimited data for no additional charge.
Comcast Free Internet Essentials for Low-income Families
The Internet Essentials program is the nation’s largest and most comprehensive broadband adoption program for low-income Americans. In an effort to meet the needs of even more Americans, they’ve made 2 key changes to the program starting on Monday, March 16, for the next two months.
You may qualify if you are eligible for public assistance programs such as the National School Lunch Program, Housing Assistance, Medicaid, SNAP, SSI, and others.
Free internet service for 2 months for new low income customers of Comcast Internet Essential
New customers get 60 days of complimentary Internet Essentials service, which is normally available to all qualified low-income households for $9.95/month. This includes a free self-install kit with a cable modem with Wi-Fi router. There will be no term contract or credit check and no shipping fee. Offer has been extended through June 30.
Once the free period is up, customers will have the option to continue internet service at $9.95+ tax/month, or to cancel their service.
To sign up, applicants can simply visit www.internetessentials.com. The accessible website also includes the option to video chat with customer service agents in American Sign Language. There are also two dedicated phone numbers 1-855-846-8376 for English and 1-855-765-6995 for Spanish.
Faster internet speeds for all customers on Internet Essentials Service
Internet speeds have been increased for the Internet Essentials service from 15/2 Mbps to 25/3 Mbps for all new and existing customers, which will be the speed of the service going forward. In this way, we will ensure that Internet Essentials customers will be able to use their Internet service for all their increased needs as a result of this health crisis.
Low Cost Computers for Internet Essentials Users
Once you are an Internet Essentials customer, you have the option to purchase a laptop or desktop computer at a discounted price for $149+ tax.
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts