Race entry frees aren’t exactly cheap, but registering for races helps people stay accountable with a healthy lifestyle and exercise routine – and being healthy IS frugal. Find a race that supports a cause close to your heart, or that has the best swag bag. Running in the USA already has 140+ Columbus races listed for 2020, and many more will be added, so you’ll have no problem finding the ones that works for you! If you want to get into or keep your exercise routine consistent, signing up for a few races in advance may keep you on track.
Whether you want to sign up for one per month, every other month, or train for the half or full marathon, you’ll find all of the options here! Many races also benefit a charitable organization in some way and offer great swag, so check around the list to see what suits you best. See the links below where you can find dozens of race options, along with a few highlighted races.
Run/Walks, Trail Runs, Stair Climbs. Find a few featured options below!
- Fight For Air Climb Columbus Stair Climb: February 15, 2020 at Rhodes Tower to benefit the American Lung Association
- Columbus Beer Run: May 2, 2020 at Hofbräuhaus Columbus. This run/walk course includes four beer sampling stations. Every half mile you’ll be treated to a specialty craft-beer sampling. Once you’ve made it through the 2.5 mile course, we’ll welcome you at the after party at Hofbräuhaus with your choice of a 16oz beer. We’ll continue the party with music, food, and plenty of drink all while helping to benefit a local charity.
- BCAN 1 mile Walk to End Bladder Cancer: May 9, 2020 at Fred Beekman Park. Registration is $25 Adults, $5 Children (under 18 years)
- Komen Columbus Race for the Cure: May 16, 2020 in Downtown Columbus. Registration is $25-$40
- Zoo “RunRun” 5K and Ele-Fun-Run kids race: May 16, 2020 at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium. $25-$43. Each participant will receive a colorful tee-shirt, race number, finisher medal, post race refreshments, free parking and most importantly a FREE PASS INTO THE ZOO!!! If you are a ZOO MEMBER, at the end of registration you will see a question that will take $6 off your entry.
Duathlon, Triathlon, and Aquathons
Obstacle Courses, Adventure Races, Novelty Runs
Not ready to jump in yet? Most races need volunteers to help run the event, and volunteers get t-shirts and other swag for helping before, during, or after the race.
Check out these other upcoming races!
Saturday, April 11, 2020
Saturday, April 18, 2020
Saturday, May 9, 2020
Sunday, May 31, 2020