Kids love to explore emergency vehicles, construction vehicles, and farm equipment, and there are plenty of touch-a-truck events in Columbus and Central Ohio to fulfill their curiosity! These events are a wonderful learning experience for kids that are full of photo-ops, so don’t forget your phone or camera.
The following will be updated in 2019. Bulleted/italics events are awaiting update for 2019.
April Touch-a-Truck events
- Liberty TWP/Powell YMCA Healthy Kids Day: April 21 from 10 am – 1 pm. Police and fire trucks will be on site for kids to check out, along with lots of fun, free family activities.
- Delaware Community Center YMCA Healthy Kids Day: April 28 from 8:30 am – 11:30 am. Touch a Truck event along with lots of fun, free family activities.
May Touch-a-Truck Events
Powell Touch a Truck: May 3, 2019 from 11 am – 1 pm Trucks and vehicles will fill Adventure Park for this fun event.
Touch a Truck Military Appreciation at Polaris Fashion Place: May 4, 2019 from 10 am – 2 pm. Join Sunny 95, Mr. Sunny and all of your favorite BIG Military Vehicles near the Cheesecake Factory. There will be trucks and vehicles of all sizes from the National Guard, Air Force, US Army and Marines – EOD vehicles, Hum-Vs, Air-Flight Simulators and more will be there! Bring the whole family for cool military vehicles and programs, cold treats from the Sunny 95 Treat Truck, prizes and fun!
- Mini Touch a Truck at Hilliard Station Park: May 11 from 9:30 – noon. Police, fire, service and construction vehicles, plus crafts and other activities.
Touch a Truck in Pickerington: Saturday, May 11 from 10 am – 12 pm at the Pickerington Community Pool. Bring your kids to enjoy a variety of big trucks, cars, engines and more. You will be able to get up close to check out the big tires, ask questions about what each vehicle does, test the driver’s seat and even get your own driver’s license
- Worthington Touch a Truck: May 18 from 9:30-12 pm (no-horn event for those with sensitive ears). Car seat checks and a limited quantity of free bike helmets will be given out. Collecting canned goods to stuff the truck.
- Touch a Truck at Grove City UMC: May 19 from 10 am – 12 pm. There will be a quiet break at 11:00am for children with sensitivity to sound and crowds
Upper Arlington Spring Fling: Saturday, May 18 from 11 am – 2 pm Kids can explore city vehicles during the Spring Fling at Sunny 95 Park
- Touch a Truck at Prairie Township Community Center in Galloway: Saturday, May 19 from 12 pm – 2 pm
- COSI EMS & Safety Day: May 20 Firefighters from the Columbus Division of Fire and other emergency personnel will be there, along with their vehicles. Watch while the Columbus Fire Department uses the Jaws of Life during a mock crash. Activities are included with COSI admission.
June Touch-a-Truck events
- Marysville Touch a Truck: Friday, June 1 from 10 am – 1 pm. Check out fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, tractors, a wheel loader and more at Mill Valley Park Central, 703 Millwood Blvd.
- Ostrander Annual Touch a Truck: Saturday, June 2 from 10 am – 2 pm. Sponsored by the MOMS club of Delaware, join Delaware County EMS (10 Court St, Delaware) for the day and see vehicles big and small and meet some of the people who operate them. Admission is Free and the event is open to all ages.
- Wet Suits & Way-Cool Trucks: Friday, June 15 from 10 am – noon at Dublin Community Recreation Parking Lot by amphitheater. Enjoy a variety of activities with Washington Township Fire Department to help make your summer safe! Tour Sparky’s fire safety house, Watch a fire department’s dive team demonstration in the Recreation Center pool (10:30), Get your bicycle helmet checked for size and fit. Climb inside our fire and medic truck.
July Touch-a-Truck events
- Local Heroes Day at Grandview Public Library: Monday, July 9 from 10:30 – 11:30 am. Meet local police, fire, EMT, and animal shelter heroes and learn about the life-saving work they do every day! Explore a fire engine, see the inside of an ambulance and a police cruiser, and visit with Cat Welfare and Ohio House Rabbit Rescue! For kids of all ages.
- Westerville Touch a Truck: Friday, July 20 from 10 am – noon at Westerville Sports Complex. Hands-on fire trucks, police cruisers, larger-than-life construction equipment and more! Kids will love the up-close experience with a variety of construction equipment and service vehicles.
August Touch-a-Truck events
- Berlin Township Annual Touch A Truck: Saturday, August 4 at 10 am – 2 pm at Delaware County EMS (10 Court St., Delaware). See vehicles big and small and meet some of the people who operate them. Admission is Free and the event is open to all ages.
- Whitehall’s National Night out: Tuesday, August 7 from 5:00 – 8:00 p.m. on the lawn of the Whitehall Police Station. Please come and join us for family fun, with a variety of emergency vehicles on display, safety-related vendors, an inflatable bounce house for kids and music!
- Franklin County Engineer’s Office Touch-A-Truck: Friday, August 10 from 9 am – 11 am. Interact and learn about the various equipment that kids see on the road. We will be joined by our community partners who offer services to the public or have equipment to display.
- Polaris Fashion Place Touch a Truck and KidX Club Preview Day: KidX Club members can preview the trucks at kids club on Friday, August 17 from 10:30-noon with the main Touch-A-Truck event on Saturday, August 18 from 10 am – 3 pm.
- New Albany Touch a Truck: Saturday, August 18 from 10 am – 12:30 pm. The event features all of the city vehicles, farm equipment, activities, child identification program, and free lunch.
- Johnstown Police Department Open House: Saturday, August 18 from 11 am – 1 pm. Meet Chase from Paw Patrol, Tour the, Police Department, Touch-A-Cruiser, Free Hotdogs, Child Fingerprint Identification Cards, Junior Officer Police Badges, and SPECIAL GUEST: Licking County Humane Society
- Cruise the ‘Ville Car Show: Saturday, August 25 from 10 am – 5 pm, this car show features a touch-a-truck display that includes the Columbus Police Helicopter fly-in, Columbus Fire Safety House and the Baby Zamboni from the Chiller.
- Touch a Truck in Gahanna: Saturday, August 25 from 9am – 1pm. Kids can explore the equipment that makes Gahanna run. Hannah Park, 6547 Clark State Rd
September Touch-a-truck events
- Metro Parks and Pleasant Township Touch a Truck: September 21 from 5:30-7:30 pm at Battelle Darby Creek. Metro Parks and Pleasant Township Fire Department will have construction equipment, tractors, and Fire/EMS/Ranger equipment on display for everyone to check out.
- Cops and Kids Day in Westerville: September 30 from 12 pm – 4 pm. Kids can interact with community police officers, and check out their technology and equipment along with motorcycles, cruisers, and specialty vehicles from agencies through Central Ohio.
October Touch-a-truck events
- Plain Township Fire Dept Open House: Sunday, October 7 from 10 am – 3 pm. You don’t want to miss this exciting event; kids can explore the fire department and vehicles, use a real fire hose, watch a MedFlight helicopter take off (whether depending) and finish up with a HUGE foam party! There is lots of food with the chili cook-off, and you can have child ID badges made.
- Fire Prevention Week: Most township and city fire departments will host special events at the fire stations, including touch-a-truck.
- Prairie Township Fire Department Food Truck & Fire Prevention Festival: October 7 from 3-7 pm at the Fire Department. Kids and families will learn about this year’s Fire Prevention Week theme, “Look. Listen. Learn.” and will enjoy a wide variety of food trucks
- Touch a Tractor at Fall Harvest Moon Festival: Saturday, October 13, 12pm – 4pm at Infirmary Mound Park, Granville, OH 43023,
Hands-on events for your young children. Held during the Fall Harvest Moon Festival at Infirmary Mound Park, explore, climb and touch tractors of all shapes and sizes! This event is free and open to the public.