Kids love to explore emergency vehicles, construction vehicles, and farm equipment, and there are plenty of touch-a-truck events in Columbus and Central Ohio to fulfill their curiosity! These events are a wonderful learning experience for kids that are full of photo-ops, so don’t forget your phone or camera.
August Touch-a-Truck events
- Polaris KidX Kid’s Club Summer Series: August 18 from 10:30 am – noon with a Touch-A-Truck Preview during the Back to School Party
- New Albany Touch a Truck: August 19 from 10 am – 12:30 pm. The event features all of the city vehicles, farm equipment, activities, and free lunch.
- Touch a Truck with Washington Township FD: Typically in August; details not available for 2017
October Touch-a-truck events
- Plain Township Fire Dept Open House: Typically during Fire Prevention Week in October. You don’t want to miss this exciting event; kids can explore the fire department and vehicles, use a real fire hose, watch a MedFlight helicopter take off (whether depending) and finish up with a HUGE foam party! There is lots of food with the chili cook-off, and you can have child ID badges made.
- Fire Prevention Week: Most township and city fire departments will host special events at the fire stations, including touch-a-truck opportunities during Fire Prevention Week, October 8-14, 2017. Details will be included as they are released.
Touch a Truck events earlier this year
May Touch-a-Truck Events
- Powell Touch a Truck: May 5 from 11 am – 1 pm
- Touch a Truck in Pickerington: May 13 from 10 am – 12 pm at the Pickerington Community Pool. Bring your kids to enjoy a variety of big trucks, cars, engines and more. You will be able to get up close to check out the big tires, ask questions about what each vehicle does, test the driver’s seat and even get your own driver’s license
- Worthington Touch a Truck: May 19 from 9:30-12 pm (no-horn event for those with sensitive ears). Car seat checks and a limited quantity of free bike helmets will be given out. Collecting canned goods to stuff the truck.
- Touch a Truck at Grove City UMC: May 20 from 10 am – 12 pm. There will be a quiet break at 11:00am for children with sensitivity to sound and crowds
- Upper Arlington Spring Fling: May 20 from 11 am – 2 pm Kids can explore city vehicles during the Spring Fling at Sunny 95 Park
- Touch a Truck at Prairie Township Community Center in Galloway: May 20 from 11 am – 1 pm
- COSI EMS & Safety Day: May 21 from 11 am – 3 pm Firefighters from the Columbus Division of Fire and other emergency personnel will be there, along with their vehicles. Watch while the Columbus Fire Department uses the Jaws of Life during a mock crash on the east side of the building. Included with COSI admission.
- Service Heroes Touch A Truck: May 21 from 1 – 3 pm at Infirmary Mound Park in Granville. Fire engines, police cars, and mail trucks and more.
June Touch-a-Truck events
- Marysville Touch a Truck: June 2 from 10 am – 1 pm
- Delaware County EMS Touch A Truck: June 3 from 10 am – 2 pm Ambulances, firetrucks, helicopters, police cars, and so much more, including free car seat safety checks
July Touch-a-Truck events
- Westerville Touch a Truck: July 21 from 10 am – 12 pm