Kids love to explore emergency vehicles, construction vehicles, and farm equipment, and there are plenty of touch-a-truck events in Columbus and Central Ohio to fulfill their curiosity! These events are a wonderful learning experience for kids that are full of photo-ops, so don’t forget your phone or camera.
April Touch-a-Truck events
- Liberty TWP/Powell YMCA Healthy Kids Day: April 21 from 10 am – 1 pm. Police and fire trucks will be on site for kids to check out, along with lots of fun, free family activities.
- Delaware Community Center YMCA Healthy Kids Day: April 28 from 8:30 am – 11:30 am. Touch a Truck event along with lots of fun, free family activities.
May Touch-a-Truck Events
- Powell Touch a Truck: May 4 from 11 am – 1 pm Trucks and vehicles will fill Adventure Park for this fun event.
- Mini Touch a Truck at Hilliard Station Park: May 11 from 9:30 – noon. Police, fire, service and construction vehicles, plus crafts and other activities.
- Touch a Truck in Pickerington: May 12 from 10 am – 12 pm at the Pickerington Community Pool. Bring your kids to enjoy a variety of big trucks, cars, engines and more. You will be able to get up close to check out the big tires, ask questions about what each vehicle does, test the driver’s seat and even get your own driver’s license
- Worthington Touch a Truck: May 18 from 9:30-12 pm (no-horn event for those with sensitive ears). Car seat checks and a limited quantity of free bike helmets will be given out. Collecting canned goods to stuff the truck.
- Touch a Truck at Grove City UMC: May 19 from 10 am – 12 pm. There will be a quiet break at 11:00am for children with sensitivity to sound and crowds
- Upper Arlington Spring Fling: May 19 from 11 am – 2 pm Kids can explore city vehicles during the Spring Fling at Sunny 95 Park
- Touch a Truck at Prairie Township Community Center in Galloway: Saturday, May 19 from 12 pm – 2 pm
- COSI EMS & Safety Day: May 20 Firefighters from the Columbus Division of Fire and other emergency personnel will be there, along with their vehicles. Watch while the Columbus Fire Department uses the Jaws of Life during a mock crash. Activities are included with COSI admission.
June Touch-a-Truck events
- Marysville Touch a Truck: Friday, June 1 from 10 am – 1 pm. Check out fire trucks, police cars, ambulances, tractors, a wheel loader and more at Mill Valley Park Central, 703 Millwood Blvd.
- Ostrander Annual Touch a Truck: Saturday, June 2 from 10 am – 2 pm. Sponsored by the MOMS club of Delaware, join Delaware County EMS (10 Court St, Delaware) for the day and see vehicles big and small and meet some of the people who operate them. Admission is Free and the event is open to all ages.
- Wet Suits & Way-Cool Trucks at Dublin Community Recreation Parking Lot by amphitheater: Friday, June 10 from 10 am – noon. Enjoy a variety of activities with Washington Township Fire Department to help make your summer safe! Tour Sparky’s fire safety house, Watch a fire department’s dive team demonstration in the Recreation Center pool (10:30), Get your bicycle helmet checked for size and fit. Climb inside our fire and medic truck.
August Touch-a-Truck events
- Berlin Township Annual Touch A Truck: Saturday, August 4 at 10 am – 2 pm at Delaware County EMS (10 Court St., Delaware). See vehicles big and small and meet some of the people who operate them. Admission is Free and the event is open to all ages.
- Polaris Fashion Place Touch a Truck and KidX Club Preview Day: KidX Club members can preview the trucks at kids club on August 17 from 10:30-noon with the main Touch-A-Truck event on August 18 from 10 am – 3 pm.
- Touch a Truck in Gahanna: Saturday, August 25 from 9am – 1pm. Kids can explore the equipment that makes Gahanna run. Hannah Park, 6547 Clark State Rd
- New Albany Touch a Truck: Typically in August; details tba. The event features all of the city vehicles, farm equipment, activities, and free lunch.
- Touch a Truck with Washington Township FD: Typically in August; details not available for 2018
September Touch-a-truck events
- Cops and Kids Day in Westerville: September 9 from 12 pm – 4 pm. Kids can interact with community police officers, and check out their technology and equipment along with motorcycles, cruisers, and specialty vehicles from agencies through Central Ohio.
October Touch-a-truck events
- Plain Township Fire Dept Open House: Typically during Fire Prevention Week in October. You don’t want to miss this exciting event; kids can explore the fire department and vehicles, use a real fire hose, watch a MedFlight helicopter take off (whether depending) and finish up with a HUGE foam party! There is lots of food with the chili cook-off, and you can have child ID badges made.
- Fire Prevention Week: Most township and city fire departments will host special events at the fire stations, including touch-a-truck opportunities during Fire Prevention Week, October 7-13, 2018. Details will be included as they are released.
Events to be updated for 2018:
- Service Heroes Touch A Truck: at Infirmary Mound Park in Granville. Fire engines, police cars, and mail trucks and more.
- Westerville Touch a Truck