Halloween is nearly upon us, so if you still need Halloween costumes for you or your kids, we have some ideas of where to get them – on the cheap!
Before long, the stores will be running low on options, so why spend $30 for a generic, poorly fitting nylon costume when you could get creative for much less and have a more unique costume? Many of these easy DIY Halloween costumes can be created with items you have around the house and/or a little makeup; others may require a trip to the thrift store. Either way, your costume will require very little time and money.
Whether you are looking for something scary, clever or funny, or if you want to dress like a real person, profession, an animal, or as part of a group costume, you’ll find plenty of ideas at Living on the Cheap. Check out over 100 cheap and easy costumes!
Consignment Sales are a great place to grab a gently used or like new costume! Columbus Hilliard Kids Clothing & Toy Pop Up with Three Bags Full Children’s Consignment Sale is October 13-18, 2020, and you’ll find lots of Halloween costumes for sale for last minute costume options.
Swap with friends! If you have friends with kids wearing similar sizes, see if they want to swap costumes from another year
Other great options are on local Facebook buy/sell groups (meet in a public place), through friends, or keep an eye out for sales at retailers. Target usually offers 40-50% off costumes once or twice throughout the season via sales or the Cartwheel app.
Don’t put more pressure on the costume hunt for kids than you need to, because kids will have fun with Halloween whether or not they have a perfect costume. When my daughter’s costume didn’t arrive in time for an early Halloween party, I put some leg warmers over tights and called her an aerobics instructor.
Looking for somewhere to take these costumes for a drive? Check out this list of over 100 fall and Halloween events around Columbus this year, which also contains links for pumpkin patches and fall farm events, haunted houses, Halloween parties and trunk or treat options for safer trick-or-treating, and the Columbus and Central Ohio trick or treat schedule.
Looking for more fall and Halloween articles?
Big List of the best Fall Date ideas around Columbus
Great locations for photography sessions in Columbus
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio