Fall is one of the greatest seasons in Ohio, with cooler weather and so much to do. There are over 100 events celebrating fall and Halloween in Columbus, so there’s no shortage of fun, fall festivals, pumpkins, and spooky (or silly) Halloween events.
You’ll find pumpkin patches, scary movies, food festivals, Halloween parties, trick-or-treat activities, events for kids, and events for adults! Trick or Treat, or Beggar’s Night, is scheduled for most communities around Central Ohio; check out the Trick or Treat schedule here. There are over 30 community events with trick or treating or trunk or treating for safer (and daytime) alternatives to Beggar’s Night. There are also 30 parties at the local community centers between October 20-31 to get you in the Halloween spirit. If you don’t know what to dress up as for all of these Halloween events, check out these 100 Cheap and Easy DIY Halloween Costumes.
Hungry for more than Halloween candy? Eat free or cheap on Halloween at these places. Speaking of that candy…you’re going to have too much. Select local dental offices will buy back your kids’ candy (typically $1 per lb) with the Halloween Candy Buy Back Program to send to our troops overseas! Good for your waistline, good for your kids’ teeth, and something special for our nation’s heroes.
More will be coming as Halloween event details are released. If you know of any other events that should be featured, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
We are accepting business or event sponsorship ads for this page; please contact email@example.com if you are interested.
Ongoing events for Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- U Pick: Best places to pick apples in Columbus
- Pumpkin Patches, Corn Mazes, and Farm Activities
- Big List of the best Fall Date ideas around Columbus
- Great locations for photography sessions in Columbus
- Spooky Ghost Tours around Columbus dates tba
- 11 Haunted Woods and Haunted Houses Around Columbus beginning in mid-September
October Halloween Movie Series in Columbus
- Hitchcocktober Film Series at Gateway Film Center – Every day in October; various showings
- October Fright Nights at Marcus Theatres – Thursdays, Fridays, and Saturdays through October
- Flick or Treat Kids Series at Marcus Theatres – Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays October 13 through October 29
Fall and Halloween in Columbus by week
- Special Needs “Trick or Suites” at Embassy Suites Dublin: October 26 from 6-8 pm The Autism Society partners with Embassy Suites Dublin to provide a fun and safe environment for special needs individuals of all ages and their families to enjoy trick-or-treat. Activities include goody bags, trick or treat booths, games and crafts, and more. Registration is required. Activities take about 45 minutes to enjoy.
- Trauma 2017: October 26-28 Halloween Fetish Party
- Haunted Fest Bash: October 27 with headliners Hardwell, Kungs, VANIC, Parker and Corrupt
- Howl-O-Ween at Ohio Wildlife Center: October 27
- HalleBOOia Halloween Concert: October 27
- Hallelujah Harvest – An Alternative to Halloween Trick or Treating: October 27 from 6-8 pm. Hallelujah Harvest at First Church of God is our annual alternative to Halloween and trick or treating in a safe, family-friendly environment, with Trunk or Treat, classic cars, bounce houses, game truck and arts and crafts activities.
- Haunted Wine Cellar at the Wyandotte Winery: October 27
- Trick or Treat at the Shops at Worthington Place: October 27 Safe trick or treating at the mall, plus crafts, face painting, balloon artists and more.
- “Night Fright” Zip Tours for Hocking Hills Canopy Tours: October 27-28 Ghosts, zombies, witches, and Batman during these night tours.
- Haunted Ohio Statehouse Tours: October 27, 28
- Freaky Flights Tours with ZipZone zip line, costume party, Halloween festival: October 27-30
- Boo at the Zoo: October 27-29
- Improvement Warrior Fitness Pumpkin Workout: October 28 Burn off the Halloween candy you’re about to eat. Bring a pumpkin and sweat! Benefits Big Brothers/Big Sisters.
- Trick or Tweet at Grange Insurance Audubon Center: October 28 from 1-4 pm. Snacks stories and costume parades! Come and play games and do a scavenger with us! A special not so scary storytime and goodie bags will be available!
- Halloween ComicFest: October 28 Comic shops around the world celebrate the season by giving away FREE comics to fans
- Halloween Dress Rehearsal at The Disney Store: October 28 Kids can dress as their favorite character and enjoy games, crafts, costume parade, giveaways, and more.
- Trick or Treat at the Conservatory: October 28 Free with admission. Dress in costume and travel to treat stations in the Conservatory. Decorate a bag to hold your treats.
- Hoot Family Film Series Halloween Edition: October 28
- Scarysville in Uptown Marysville: October 28 The streets of Uptown “Scarysville” come alive with Halloween FUN! From 10 am to noon. Children are invited to dress up in their costumes and visit Uptown merchants for candy and other Halloween goodies. All the fun of Trick or Treat, in the light of day
- Cheesecake Trick or Treat Trail: October 28
- Halloween on the Hocking: October 28 Take a spooky adventure with Hocking Valley Canoe Livery with Halloween on the Hocking Haunted Hay Ride, Canoe Trip and more
- Historic Dublin Trick or Treat: October 28 from 1-4 pm Join us for treats, fun activities, and a costume contest for kids and dogs
- Sips & Spirits at Camelot Cellars: October 28 Halloween soiree for the grownups
- Rocky Horror Halloween Show at Studio 35: October 28 The midnight cult-classic experience. The Tim Curry film will roll, and a live cast will perform in front of the movie. There is a pre show with costume contests and more. tickets are $10; will sell out.
- Ghost Trolley with Ohio Railway Museum: October 28-29 Fun, not scary Halloween event for young kids. Tour the decorated street cars and enjoy a lights out ride on the trolley about the Ghost Trolley.
- Hilliard Trunk or Treat at Hilliard/Ray Patch YMCA: October 29 Food trucks, music, Norwich Fire, Hilliard Police, a DIY photobooth and much more
- Candy by the Carload in Powell: October 29 from 4-6 pm
- Halloween Family Funday at North Market: October 29 Crafts, trick or treating, music and more!
- Inniswood Halloween Party: October 29
- Radiant Life Trunk-or-Treat: October 29 from 10:30 am-2 pm Inflatables, hayride, character photos, food, carnival games and trunk-or-treating, and lots of candy
- Jerome United Methodist Church Trunk or Treat: October 29 from 4-5:30 pm Collect candy at the car
- Haunted Village in Pickerington: October 30 Ghost tours, hayride, trick-or-treating at Old Pickerington Village businesses
- Boo on Broadway in Grove City: October 31 Family-friendly alternative to the traditional door-to-door Beggars’ Night allows children to dress in costume and safely collect candy and other goodies from area businesses and civic organizations.
- Free Scary Face Pancakes for kids at IHOP: October 31 (yearly event, but not verified for 2017 yet)
September 11 – 17
- Slice of Columbus: September 13
- Indianola Stroll: September 15
- Ohio Pawpaw Festival: September 15-17
- Country Living Fair: September 15-17
- Germania Oktoberfest: September 15-17
- Cartoon Weekend at the Columbus Zoo: September 16-17
- Independents’ Day: September 16-17
- Delaware County Fair and Little Brown Jug: September 16-23
- Short North Tour of Homes: September 17
September 18 – 24
- Delaware County Fair and Little Brown Jug: September 16-23
- Jackson County Apple Festival: September 19-23
- Barnesville Pumpkin Festival: September 21-24
- 4th Fridays in Westerville: September 22
- Columbus Oktoberfest: September 22-24
- Old Worthington Market Day: September 23
- Hops & Vines Fest, Gahanna: September 23
- Destination Downtown Lancaster Fall Festival: September 23
- Stratford Ecological Center Fall Harvest Fair: September 23
- Jack Hanna’s Fall Festival: September 23-24
- Welcome to Fall Festival at Glacier Ridge Metro Park: September 24 Celebrate the season with hayrides, live animals, crafts and activities. Meet at bulletin board at picnic shelter.
- New Albany Classic: September 24
September 25 – October 1
- Annual Taste of Dublin: September 26
- North Market Festival for Good: September 29-30
- Harvest Festival, Columbus Commons: September 30
- Chalk the Block, Easton: September 30
- TWIG of Nationwide Children’s Pumpkinpalooza: September 30
- Floating Pumpkin Patch at Worthington Pools: September 30
- Colo’s Classic Car Show at the Columbus Zoo: October 1
- Beetlejuice & Rhinegeist Beer Tasting at Grandview Theatre: October 1 Tickets are $30.00 and include: A custom pint glass, raffle prizes, 10 beers from Rhinegeist, funny stuff and of course a showing of Beetlejuice. These will sell out!
- Paws in the Plaza, Gahanna: October 5 first Thursday of the month
- Columbus Mac and Cheese Festival: October 6
- Columbus Italian Festival: October 6-8
- Ohio Gourd Festival (Delaware County): October 6-8
- The Fall Festival at the Farm at Walnut Creek: October 6, 7, 9, 13, 14+
- Oktoberfest in Grove City: October 7
- Short North Gallery Hop: October 7 (first Saturday of the month)
- Oakland Nurseries Fall Festivals: October 7-8
- Upper Arlington Fall Fest: October 8
- Young’s Jersey Dairy Fall Farm Pumpkin Festival: October 7-8
- Respook, Rewear, Rescare: Halloween Costume Exchange: October 8 (but must drop off costume to exchange for a ticket in the days/weeks before the event)
- Taste of Bexley: October 9
- The Fall Festival at the Farm at Walnut Creek: October 9, 13, 14
- Pumpkin Carving Competition: October 12-13 Bring your carved pumpkin to the Worthington Community where they will be judged during the Halloween Party, the Barnyard Bash.
- COSI After Dark: House of Horrors: October 12
- Worthington Halloween Party – Barnyard Bash: October 13 Trick or Treat Trail, Petting Zoo, hayrides, games, music, and more
- Franklinton Fridays: October 13 (second Friday of the month)
- HalloWine at Powell Village Winery: October 13 Halloween party with costume contest, live music, and Friday the 13th drink specials.
- “Night Fright” Zip Tours for Hocking Hills Canopy Tours: October 13-14, October 20-21, and October 27-28 Ghosts, zombies, witches, and Batman during these night tours.
- Mixed Bag Market Pop-Up at Polaris Fashion Place: October 14 50 small businesses are coming together for a pop-up at Polaris Fashion Place! Shop boutique fashions, household decor, bath & beauty, and gourmet food.
- Halloween Dress Rehearsal at The Disney Store: October 14, 21, 28 Kids can dress as their favorite character and enjoy games, crafts, costume parade, giveaways, and more.
- The Moonlight Market on Gay Street: October 14
- German Village Monster Bash: October 14
- Ohio 24 Hour Horror Marathon: October 14-15
- Oakland Nursery Trick or Treat Trail with Children’s Costume Contest (Columbus location): October 14
- All Hallows Eve at Ohio Village: October 14 and 21
- Circleville Pumpkin Show: October 18-21
- Dublin Halloween Spooktacular: October 19 Trunk or treating, pictures with special guests, dancing, food trucks, The Turtle Lady, The Bug Man and other Halloween related crafts and activities.
- Ohio Smoked Meat & BBQ Festival: October 20
- Halloween Treat Trail Party at Everal Barn: October 20 FREE; Ages 8 and under will enjoy carnival games along the treat trail; Halloween Bingo, and Vendor Alley. Don’t forget to enjoy the horse-drawn carriage ride through the park. Remember to wear your costume!
- Howl-O-Ween at Ohio Wildlife Center: October 20 and 27 Walk through the White Tail Trail, visits from “spooky” Animal Ambassadors like owls Bella, Alex and Woodsy, snakes Checkers, bats Echo, and Percy and Lenore, our American Crows. $5 per person ages 6 and up or bring a donation from the wishlist.
- Haunted Ohio Statehouse Tours: October 20, 21, 27, 28
- Highball Halloween: October 20-21
- “Night Fright” Zip Tours for Hocking Hills Canopy Tours: October 20-21 and October 27-28 Ghosts, zombies, witches, and Batman during these night tours.
- Boo at the Zoo: October 20-22 and October 27-29 Meet The Dark Knight and The Amazon Princess at Entry Village at various times throughout the night, Turtle Time with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Pumpkin Junction, Animals on Safari, HOWL-OWEEN Show and treat stations located throughout the zoo
- Ghost Trolley with Ohio Railway Museum: October 21-22, 28-29 Fun, not scary Halloween event for young kids. Tour the decorated street cars and enjoy a lights out ride on the trolley about the Ghost Trolley.
- Cheryl’s Spooky Treats Festival: October 21 Annual Spooky Treats Festival at our flagship store in Westerville! 646 McCorkle Blvd. Kids in costume receive a FREE treat! Fun for all ages and FREE for everyone! SPOOKTACULAR deals for your Halloween gifting and celebrating! Cookie/Brownie Mascot visits, Cookie Frosting, Halloween games, FREE face painting, Take a picture with your favorite characters.
- Halloween Family Fun Night at Three Creeks Metro Park: October 21 from 5-8 pm. Join us for not-too-scary stories and s’mores at the campfire and go trunk-or-treating for candy. Kids of all ages encouraged to wear costumes. ADA. Meet at Confluence Trails bulletin board.
- Family Harvest at Slate Run: October 21 from 2-5 pm. Enjoy a hayride and apple cider, and pick Indian corn and pumpkins to take home. Meet at Slate Run’s Buzzard’s Roost picnic area.
- Kidslinked Treat Fest at Marcus Theatres Crosswoods: October 21 from 10 am – 3 pm. Treat Village, Races, Video games, Spa Trailer, Bounce Park, characters, costume contests, and more.
- Boo ‘N Brew at Polaris Fashion Place: October 21 Fall festival with beer garden benefiting the Ronald McDonald House and lots of family-friendly activities throughout the lifestyle center. Live music by Fortune, trick-or-treating, silly safari animal shows, food trucks, face painting, balloon artists, costume contest, parade and more! Children ages 10 & under will be able to trick-or-treat in the designated area in the Polaris Lifestyle Center from 2 PM to 3 PM.
- Powell Community Bonfire: October 21
- Old Hilliard Halloween Haunt: October 21 Trick-or-treat, scavenger hunt, kid and dog costume contest and family fun activities
- All Hallows Eve at Ohio Village: October 21
- Indianola Art Crawl: October 21
- Gahanna Creepside Festival: October 21 Games, food trucks, live music, activities, haunted trail and get candy from different businesses
- Trunk or Treat Car Show at Hilliard Presbyterian Church: October 21 from 11am-4pm. Trophies awarded for the best-decorated cars/trucks. Trick or Treat: 1 pm to 2:30 pm
- Halloween on the Hocking: October 21 and 28 Take a spooky adventure with Hocking Valley Canoe Livery with Halloween on the Hocking Haunted Hay Ride, Canoe Trip and more
- Halloween Dress Rehearsal at The Disney Store: October 21, 28 Kids can dress as their favorite character and enjoy games, crafts, costume parade, giveaways, and more.
- Sunday Sunlight Market on Gay Street: October 22 (third Sunday of the month)
- Fall Fun Day Tram Rides at Blendon Woods: October 22 from 1-5 pm.
- The Maize at Little Darby Creek Trick or Treat: October 22
- Halloween Pet Parade and Fall Festival at Easton: October 22
- Trick or Treat Trail at Deer Haven Park: October 22 Gather treats from characters along the s-p-o-o-k-y trail. Decorate pumpkins, enjoy a hayride, & vote for your favorite scarecrow.
- Costume & Candy Crawl: October 22 from 11am-1pm Meet at the Green (the gEnjoy a tram ride, see the beautiful changing colors of nature, play in a giant leaf pile, roast a marshmallow and make a craft. ADA. Follow signs in the park for location.rassy area in the middle of the center) to collect your Trick-or-Treat bag before walking the shops. We’ll also have a costume contest, professional face painters, and balloon artists! Free for kids 12 and under.
- Zombie Halloween Pool Party at Westerville Community Center: October 22