Fairfield County is back with a county-wide trail that will give you all the fall vibes. Through the entire month of October, Visit Fairfield County is hosting its annual Trail of Scarecrows.
Fairfield County Trail of Scarecrows
This is the only county-wide scarecrow contest of its kind in the country and every year it’s even bigger than the last – more than 250 scarecrows lined the streets of 14 participating communities last year!
And we all know everything is better if it’s a competition. Visitors can vote for their favorite creation in each community and the winner will receive a People’s Choice award, a $50 gift card and bragging rights as the best scarecrow in the Scarecrow Capital of Ohio.
This is one of the best socially-distant activities for your whole family to enjoy the crisp air and crunchy leaves this season, just 30 minutes south of Columbus!
Find an interactive map of the Trail of Scarecrows on the Visit Fairfield County website. Visitors can also download the new Visit Fairfield County app to view maps of the scarecrows in each community and participate in challenges. For example, visit at least half of the scarecrows in a single community and be entered to win a grand prize!
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio