Not sure if yoga is your thing? There are so many unique yoga classes in Columbus now, that you’re sure to find one that will fit your spirit and make you forget that it’s a workout! From yoga with goats, cats, and dogs, to in a brewery or a cave, these easy-going and fun yoga classes are perfect for all levels!
New classes are popping up all over the city and book up fast, so check the links regularly, and follow the Facebook pages below so you don’t miss out on new classes! Bring a water bottle and yoga mat (if you have one) to class, as available equipment may be limited.
If you know of any unique yoga classes in Columbus, I’d love to hear about them in the comments, or via email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Yogatos – Yoga with Cats
Relax with yoga and cats at Eat, Purr, Love Cat Café (3041 Indianola Ave, Columbus)! Class includes an hour of yoga with cat-zen cuddle time before and after class in the cat lounge. Refresh with a complimentary bottled water. Cost is $19.00; RSVP here when events are posted!
Yoga + Beer (or other local food/drink)
Yoga sessions have been popping up at local breweries for the last few years, so follow your favorite breweries on social media so you don’t miss out! I’ll update the list as I find new options, but these book up fast!
- Balance & Brews – Yoga with Market Garden Brewery at The Walrus on select Saturdays. See Facebook page for new dates. Get your flow on, sweat, relax, and then join us for a beer from Market Garden Brewery after class. Bring a mat and water bottle. Cost is just $5-$15 and will include a yoga class and your choice of a Market Garden beer or featured drink.
- Yoga at Platform Beer Co with AR Snavley Fitness (408 N 6th St) Sunday, January 27 at 10:30-11:30 am. $25 ticket includes a one hour all levels yoga practice with Amanda Reynolds-Snavley, 1 Platform beer, and delicious brunch food. Please bring a yoga mat, water bottle, and towel.
- Pound & Pour with McManes Personal Training: Held various dates at breweries around Columbus. Come get in a killer workout, enjoy a great craft beer and support local small businesses McManes Personal Training & Barley’s Brewing Company. Your $20 ticket includes a 45 minute POUND® Class & 1 drink token for a pint of beer. (please do not forget to tip your wait staff). You will need to bring your ID, your own yoga mat and water bottle. Using Ripstix®, lightly weighted drumsticks engineered specifically for exercising, POUND® transforms drumming into an incredibly effective way of working out.
- Beer + Yoga at DogTap Columbus: Enjoy yoga class with beer on various dates at DogTap Columbus in Canal Winchester. Class is $15; select dates may have additional fees for brunch or other events.
- Yoga + Cider at Mad Moon Hard Cider: Select dates, including January 13. Yoga instruction by Lynsie Babcock who will lead one-hour of sequence postures that connect breath and movement. Following yoga, the Taproom will be open to yoga participants to enjoy one of our 7 ciders on draft. Ticket price of $12 includes yoga instruction and glass of cider.
Brewga: Craft Yoga at Endeavor Brewing Co.
Brewga: Craft Yoga with Clarissa is a refreshing and restorative yoga flow suitable for all levels of yoga practice at Endeavor Brewing Co. (909 W 5th Ave, Columbus). Your first class is free and only $5 after that. Stick around after for a delicious Endeavor brew. Classes are just $5.
- Held every Sunday at 11 am through February
Short North Yoga and Cocktails
Join Core Power Yoga at The Joseph for a free beginner vinyasa class, the 3rd Tuesday of each month. We will be on the second floor over-looking our Short North Arches. After class stay to meet your instructor and the CPY community for happy hour pricing all night on food and drinks, at Soul bar. Limited mats provided.
- Held every 3rd Tuesday of the month through June
Paddleboard Yoga at Worthington Pools
SUP (Stand Up Paddle board) Yoga is a great workout that includes working on core balance and yoga posture while in the pool. Jen of Jen’s Zen Wellness, LLC will coach you as you stretch your muscles while balancing on the board at Worthington Pools (400 W Dublin Granville Rd, Worthington). This isn’t your average yoga workout. Be prepared to get wet! Wear your suit or other comfortable clothes that you can wear while in the pool. Register on the Worthington Pools website. Cost is $15; purchase classes in packages of 3 and receive 20% off! If you don’t have your own board, there are 7 paddleboards available to rent for $10.
Yoga at Franklin Park Conservatory
Slow flow alignment-based class for all levels at Franklin Park Conservatory. Tuesdays, December 18, 2018–February 19, 2019, 6:30–7:45pm (No class on December 25 or January 1.) Series: $75, $68 for members; per class $15. Register here.
Adult Yoga with the Animals at Ohio Wildlife Center
Gather at Ohio Wildlife Center’s beautiful Bonner Barn (6131 Cook Rd, Powell) where you’ll meet some amazing Animal Ambassadors and then stretch together with an all-levels yoga session. This event is not intended for families or children. $15 per person; register here. No classes currently available.
Goat Yoga with Bern Yoga at Harrison Farm
It’s adorable little goats, and yoga. What’s not to love?! This is the one I’m dying to try the most! Goat Yoga takes place in a grassy field at Harrison Farm in Groveport, where the friendliest of the goat crew are brought out to bring their unique energy into the yoga class. Classes are beginner-friendly, super casual and lots of fun. Class is followed by coffee and snacks, in addition to the chance to visit with more goats, donkey, chickens, cats, dogs and all amazing animals that live on Harrison Farm. Tickets are $20 with pre-registration, payable on the day of class with cash or check. Follow Bern Yoga on Facebook for new events as they are posted starting in Spring.
Classes are offered from May-October. Morning classes begin at 11 am and afternoon classes at 3 pm. Check-in begins 30 minutes prior. Classes are rain or shine, and will be held in The Hangar on the farm. Private sessions for 10+ can be scheduled.
Don’t forget to take a goat selfie or 20! If you aren’t already following Harrison Farm on Facebook, it’s a great way to check out the goat antics and see pics of cute farm animals until you can make it to a yoga class! Reserve your spot by emailing email@example.com for registration or with any questions.
OH-YO!GA at OH-YO! Frozen Yogurt in Grove City
Enjoy an hour of morning yoga with Peace Yoga by Cheryl, and after class enjoy a complimentary 12oz cup of OH-YO yogurt. Choose from over 15 flavors and over 70 toppings. OH-YO! Frozen Yogurt Facebook Page for scheduled dates.