Not sure if yoga is your thing? There are so many unique yoga classes in Columbus now, that you’re sure to find one that will fit your spirit and make you forget that it’s a workout! From yoga with goats, cats, and dogs, to in a brewery or a cave, these easy-going and fun yoga classes are perfect for all levels!
New classes are popping up all over the city and book up fast, so check the links regularly, and follow the Facebook pages below so you don’t miss out on new classes! Bring a water bottle and yoga mat (if you have one) to class, as available equipment may be limited.
If you know of any unique yoga classes in Columbus, I’d love to hear about them in the comments, or via email to email@example.com.
Goat Yoga with Bern Yoga at Harrison Farm
It’s adorable little goats, and yoga. What’s not to love?! This is the one I’m dying to try the most! Goat Yoga takes place in a grassy field at Harrison Farm in Groveport, where the friendliest of the goat crew are brought out to bring their unique energy into the yoga class. Classes are beginner-friendly, super casual and lots of fun. Class is followed by coffee and snacks, in addition to the chance to visit with more goats, donkey, chickens, cats, dogs and all amazing animals that live on Harrison Farm. Tickets are $20 with pre-registration, payable on the day of class with cash or check. Follow Bern Yoga on Facebook for new events as they are posted.
Classes are offered from May-October. Morning classes begin at 11 am and afternoon classes at 3 pm. Check-in begins 30 minutes prior. Classes are rain or shine, and will be held in The Hangar on the farm. Private sessions for 10+ can be scheduled.
Don’t forget to take a goat selfie or 20! If you aren’t already following Harrison Farm on Facebook, it’s a great way to check out the goat antics and see pics of cute farm animals until you can make it to a yoga class! Reserve your spot by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org for registration or with any questions. These will fill up fas
- Saturday, July 7 at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm
- Sunday, July 8 at 2:30 pm
- Sunday, July 15 at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm
- Saturday, July 21 at 10:30 am
- Sunday, July 22 at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm
- Saturday, July 28 at 10:30 am
- Sunday, July 29 at 10:30 am
- Saturday, August 4 at 10:30 am
- Sunday, August 5 at 10:30 am and 2:30 pm
- Saturday, August 11 at 10:30 am
- Sunday, August 12 at 10:30 am
Yogatos – Yoga with Cats
Relax with yoga and cats at Eat, Purr, Love Cat Café (3041 Indianola Ave, Columbus)! Class includes an hour of yoga with cat-zen cuddle time before and after class in the cat lounge. Refresh with a complimentary bottled water. Cost is $19.00; RSVP here!
- Tuesday, July 3 from 7-8:30 pm
Yoga + Beer (or other local food/drink)
Yoga sessions have been popping up at local breweries for the last few years, so follow your favorite breweries on social media so you don’t miss out! I’ll update the list as I find new options, but these book up fast!
- Balance & Brews – Yoga with Market Garden Brewery at The Walrus on select Saturdays. See Facebook page for new dates. Get your flow on, sweat, relax, and then join us for a beer from Market Garden Brewery after class. Bring a mat and water bottle. Cost is just $5 and will include a yoga class and your choice of a Market Garden beer.
- Free Yoga in the Loft at Combustion Brewery & Taproom (80 West Church Street, #101 Pickerington). Saturdays at 10 am. Every Saturday…no charge! Food Pantry donations encouraged!
- Yoga & Coffee with Das Kaffee Haus and AR Snavley Fitness (Das Kaffee Haus, 1036 S Front St) Saturday, June 30 at 8:30 am. $15 ticket includes a 1 hour yoga class with AR Snavley Fitness and one specialty coffee drink from Das Kaffee Haus. You can also purchase another item at 15% off for taking the class!
- Bend & Brew – Yoga & Beer at Combustion Brewery & Taproom (80 West Church Street, #101 Pickerington). Sunday, August 12 from 10-11 am. Event includes an hour of yoga with invigorating blends of Doterra essentials oils, followed by a brew of your choice (2 drink tickets OR 1 flight) and a tour of the brewery. Tickets are $10-$30.
- Yoga at Platform Beer Co with AR Snavley Fitness (408 N 6th St) Sunday, July 29 at 10:30-11:30 am. $25 ticket includes a one hour all levels yoga practice with Amanda Reynolds-Snavley, 1 Platform beer, and delicious brunch food from Por’ketta. Please bring a yoga mat, water bottle, and towel.
First Fridays at Bexley Yoga: Yoga & Happy Hour
Join Bexley Yoga and Michelle Mineo on the first Friday of every month, 8-9pm, for a rockin’ vinyasa flow class with music dedicated to one artist, genre, etc. at Bexley Yoga (547 S Drexel Ave, Bexley) Stick around for another hour of snacks and spirits, please BYOB (we will provide the snacks). Drop-in rate is $18.
- Held the 1st Friday of every month at 7 pm
Brewga: Craft Yoga at Endeavor Brewing Co.
Brewga: Craft Yoga with Clarissa is a refreshing and restorative yoga flow suitable for all levels of yoga practice at Endeavor Brewing Co. (909 W 5th Ave, Columbus). Your first class is free and only $5 after that. Stick around after for a delicious Endeavor brew. First class is FREE; additional classes just $5.
- Held every Sunday at 11 am.
Paddleboard Yoga at Worthington Pools
SUP (Stand Up Paddle board) Yoga is a great workout that includes working on core balance and yoga posture while in the pool. Jen of Jen’s Zen Wellness, LLC will coach you as you stretch your muscles while balancing on the board at Worthington Pools (400 W Dublin Granville Rd, Worthington). This isn’t your average yoga workout. Be prepared to get wet! Wear your suit or other comfortable clothes that you can wear while in the pool. Register on the Worthington Pools website. Cost is $15; purchase classes in packages of 3 and receive 20% off! If you don’t have your own board, there are 7 paddleboards available to rent for $10.
This summer, she will be offering classes on Thursday evenings and Sunday mornings. Worthington Pools also offers private parties for groups of 7. Contact the pool and they will schedule the event. She also will be taking groups out to Alum Creek Howard Rd Boat ramp to go paddleboarding in the no wake area. She will post on Jen’s Zen Wellness Facebook page when she’s going out and people can reserve a board. Cost is $25 per person for 1.5 hour rental.
OH-YO!GA at OH-YO! Frozen Yogurt in Grove City
Enjoy an hour of morning yoga with Peace Yoga by Cheryl, and after class enjoy a complimentary 12oz cup of OH-YO yogurt. Choose from over 15 flavors and over 70 toppings. OH-YO! Frozen Yogurt Facebook Page
- Saturday, July 7, 2018 at 10 am at OH-YO! Frozen Yogurt (4226 Buckeye Pkwy, Grove City). $20 includes yoga and yogurt.
Yoga at Franklin Park Conservatory
Cave Yoga at Olentangy Indian Caverns
Classes have not been added for 2018, but they partnered with Yoga on High in 2017 to bring yoga and meditation underground into the Olentangy Indian Caverns. You can even book yoga for a private event or bridal shower for 8-10 people. Caverns are cool all year, so make sure you wear layers! Check out the other fun at the Indian Caverns in our recent article. Olentangy Indian Caverns Facebook Page.
Adult Yoga with the Animals at Ohio Wildlife Center
Gather at Ohio Wildlife Center’s beautiful Bonner Barn (6131 Cook Rd, Powell) where you’ll meet some amazing Animal Ambassadors and then stretch together with an all-levels yoga session. This event is not intended for families or children. $15 per person; register here.
- Sunday, August 12 at 9:30 am
- Sunday, September 9 at 9:30 am
Columbus, OH 43202