The annual Columbus Oktoberfest has been cancelled for 2020, but is on the schedule in 2021 for September 10-12, 2021 for 3 days of German fun! Come back next year for delicious German food and beer at the Ohio Expo Center while listening to the musical performances on two stages and tons of events. It’s not all bad news for 2020 though – read below for a few fun options to celebrate Oktoberfest in 2020!
DIY Oktoberfest in Box Kit
When in person Oktoberfest is cancelled the next best thing is a do-it-yourself Oktoberfest in Box Kit filled with delicious Schmidt’s food and Columbus Oktoberfest trinkets and collectibles delivered to your door! Available through www.schmidtssausageshop.com beginning Monday September 7th while supplies last.
Do it yourself Oktoberfest kit includes: 2 Acrylic Liter Souvenir Steins, 2 lbs. Schmidt’s Bratwurst (6 links), 2 lbs. Schmidt’s Sauerkraut, 1 Schmidt’s Spicy Brown Mustard (9oz jar), 1 Jumbo Soft Bavarian Pretzel (10oz), 2 Festive Beads, 1 Bottle opener, 1 2020 Columbus Oktoberfest Collectors pin. The cost is $60.
Virtual Meiler Vier Race
The festive Meiler Vier, a four-mile foot race around the fairgrounds to kick off Oktoberfest weekend – will continue as a virtual event. The popular race typically sells out at 500 participants, many of whom run or walk in dirndls and lederhosen.
Participants are encouraged to run or walk the four miles between Sept. 11 to 13 and they will receive a Meiler Vier shirt, a special offer from Schmidt’s, and a finisher medal. Participants can register here.
Oktoberfest at Hofbrauhaus Columbus
Hofbrauhaus Columbus is celebrating Oktoberfest is a safe way on September 11-12 and September 18-19, 2020. Enjoy bier and food in celebration of Oktoberfest, while enjoying live music! More details will be announced – follow on FB.
According to the health and safety guidelines outlined by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention and Ohio Department of Health, masks are mandatory and must be worn at all times except when you are seated at your table enjoying your meal and drinks.
Oktoberfest live music lineup
Friday, September 11th & 18th
- Dave Sabatka – 5:00pm – 7:00pm
- Platzl Duo – 7:00pm – 10:00pm
- Dave Sabatka – 7:00pm – 9:00pm
Saturday, September 12th & 19th
- Frank Svet – 1:00pm – 6:00pm
- Platzl 9 Duo – 6:00pm – 10:00pm
- Dave Sabatka – 6:00pm – 9:00pm
Celebrate the holiday at home with Oktoberfest delivery options and classic Oktoberfest brew from Wolf’s Ridge Brewing! The special Oktoberfest menu will be available for delivery from September 15 to October 11.
- Bratwurst/Bahama mama: Hoagie bun, Mustard, Curry Ketchup, Pickle & Onion Relish
- Jager schnitzel: Breaded Pork Loin, Sauerkraut, Mushroom Gravy
- Big Ass pretzel: Cheese Sauce, Pickled Onion, Mustard
- German Potato Salad: Potatoes, Bacon, Dressing, Onion & Garlic
- Grilled Chicken Drumsticks: Lemon & Thyme
The bundle can be ordered online and to add some extra fun to the at-home festivities. The Wolf’s Ridge team is randomly tucking 20 golden tickets under the plastic carriers of Oktoberfest 6-packs and delivery items. The lucky winners will receive a very special “experience prize” with head brewer Chris Davison.
The Oktoberfest Fundraiser for Clintonville CRC on Saturday, October 3rd, 2pm – 6pm at North Broadway Methodist Church parking lot, 48 E. North Broadway. Table reservations are required; $20 for 2, $40 for 4, $60 for 6. Each reserved space will be 15′ x 15′ and include a table and chairs for 6, 4 or 2 guests. Attendees required to wear mask outside of reserved spaces.
- Live Music from the Funky Brewster
- Local breweries: Lineage Brewing, Seventh Son and SIP Local
- Dirty Franks Food Truck
- Individual pre-packaged kids’ activities
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio