Dublin’s annual Halloween Spooktacular can’t be held in the traditional way for 2020, but organizers have pivoted to find ways to celebrate this year. The City of Dublin’s annual Halloween Spooktacular will feature in-person and online socially distanced activities throughout the month of October.
City of Dublin Halloween Spooktacular Events
Tuesday, October 27 – Friday, October 30
Head to Coffman Park to enjoy these spooktacular activities on Oct 27-30 any time between dawn and dusk (except Haunted Trail). All current health orders, including facemasks and social distancing, must be followed when participating.
Pumpkin Sign Hunt: Find all 6 pumpkin signs using clues and the map
Hay Maze: Even the littlest ghosts and goblins will love finding their way through this family-friendly hay maze.
Storybook Walk: Storybook Walk featuring If You’re Scary And You Know It by children’s author Carole Gerber. Readers, young and old, may participate in the interactive tale by clapping, hopping, and singing along as they follow the path.
Haunted Trail: Dress in your Halloween best and head to the wooded trail (next to the Dublin Community Recreation Center) for spooky sounds, Halloween décor, lights and fog. Pre-registration is required and is available to Dublin residents and Dublin School District Residents only.
The City of Dublin will host a series of not-so-spooky family movies on weekends from Saturday, October 3 – Saturday, October 31. Costumes are encouraged. Reservations are only open to Dublin residents, and Dublin School District residents. Find details and reservations here.
Trick or Treat is on Thursday, October 29, 2020 from 6-8 pm, according to the recommendations of the Mid-Ohio Regional Planning Commission (MORPC).
At Home and Virtual Fun
R.I.P Recipes: Whip up some simple Halloween-inspired treats
Online Contests: Participate in decorating or costume contests by submitting your photo online by October 25.
- Pumpkin Carving
- Home Decorating
- Pet Costume
- Kid Costume
- Family Costume
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio