Stay cool this summer with the kids at splash pads in Columbus! There are 15 splash pads and water play areas to check out around the city, and most are free, so you can try a new one each week! Splash pads are an easier way to cool off than going to a swimming pool, and are perfect for younger children and kids of various swimming abilities. Pop over to one for an hour or stay all day!
Don’t forget to pack a bag with sunscreen, towels, and snacks (don’t forget drinks!). The kids will play so hard that they’ll be hungry and thirsty once they finally stop!
While most of the parks will open in May, the dates haven’t been released, so make sure you check the links below for opening dates unless listed. Occasionally, splash parks will be closed for maintenance, weather-events, or events at the parks, so check the links below before you go.
Polaris Fashion Place
- Where: 1500 Polaris Parkway ,Columbus, OH 43240. In the Polaris Lifestyle Center open mall area near Cheesecake Factory and Cantina Laredo
- When: Open during mall hours
- Details: Tons of food options nearby, easy mall parking
- Extras: KidX Club hosts events on Fridays during the summer from 10:30 am – noon with characters, crafts, Sunny 95 and more.
Easton Town Center Pop Up Fountains
- Where: 160 Easton Town Center, Columbus, OH 43219
- When: Fountains turn on one hour before mall open and turns off one hour after hours. Fountains are shut off on Wednesdays at 4:30 during concert season for set-up, 6 pm on Tuesdays for Summer Movie Nights, and are lowered daily during dinner hours.
- Details: Tons of food options nearby, park in Easton garages or surface lot near Barnes and Noble/NorthStar Cafe
- Extras: Easton provides towels for your kids to dry off on Saturdays (10am – 5pm) and Sundays (12pm – 5pm) through the summer.
Scioto Mile Fountains
- Where: Civic Center Dr Columbus, Ohio, OH 43215
- When: Open all day and evening in the summertime, but may be turned off or limited during events. Schedule changes are usually posted on the Facebook page. Fountains turn off during high winds and lightening. Fountains are on as of May 1!
- Details: Limited food options (occasional vendors and Milestone 229). Plenty of grassy area for a blanket and picnic. Meter parking and parking lots nearby; be sure to check signs for parking restrictions/fees.
- Extras: Fountains are illuminated with colored lights and fog effects in the evening.
North Bank Park
- Where: 311 W Long St, Columbus, OH 43215
- When: No specific hours as it’s closed to the public during special events (weddings are held there frequently).
- Details: Small fountain is great for small children. No nearby food options, but plenty of seating and shade
- Extras: Beautiful view of the Scioto River and Downtown Columbus
Powell Splash Pad
- Where: 47 Hall St., Powell
- When: Open 9 am – 9 pm, Memorial Weekend to Labor Day Weekend
- Details: Bring a picnic to enjoy in the shaded solar picnic pavilion or on a blanket in the grass. Plenty of parking in the lot for Village Green Park.
- Extras: Nearby playground when the kids have enough of the water.
Ballantrae Community Park Spray Fountains
- Where: Ballantrae Community Park, 6350 Woerner Temple Rd
- When: Typically open from Memorial Weekend through early October from 10 a.m. – 8 p.m.
- Details: Bring a picnic and a blanket and enjoy the day.
- Extras: Known as the Dancing Bunnies Fountains, you’ll find the sculpture of the 3 bunnies up on the hill.
Hilliard Station Park
- Where: Hilliard Station Park, 4021 Main St, Hilliard, OH 43026
- When: Open daily from 8 am – 10 pm, from May to October, but fountains turn off at 3 pm on special event days.
- Details: Pack a picnic or head to a nearby restaurant.
- Extras: Food Truck Thursdays (June 7 – August 30 from 11 a.m. – 2 p.m.) and plenty of other events going on at the park through the summer.
Partners Park Splash Pad
- Where: 125 E. Sixth St., Marysville
- When: Open daily from 10 am – 9 pm
Worthington Pools Lagoon Splashpad
- Where: 400 W Dublin Granville Rd, Worthington OH
- When: PRE and POST Pool Season, the Lagoon is open to the public from Mid-April* – May 24, 10:00am – 4:00pm and September 4 – Mid-October* 10:00am – 4:00pm (weather depending) for just $1 per person and free for pool members. During summer pool hours, splash pad is open during Pool Hours as part of the Pool Admission.
Spray and Play at Veterans Park
- Where: 1121 S. Houk Rd, Delaware
- When: Typically opens on Memorial weekend
- Details: Fun dinosaur-themed splash pad with playground nearby
- City of Delaware Facebook page
Barnett Community Center Sprayground
- Where: 1184 Barnett Rd, Columbus 43227
- When: Open daily from noon – 7 pm
Blackburn Community Center Sprayground
- Where: 263 Carpenter St, Columbus 43205
- When: Open daily from noon – 7 pm
Indian Mound Community Center Sprayground
- Where: 3901 Parsons Ave
- When: 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm
- Details: Bring a picnic – the park has lots of shade, outdoor fitness center, basketball and tennis courts, and more.
The following two splashpads are free for residents, but require a small daily fee for non-residents.
Splashpad at Whitehall John Bishop Park
- Where: 4815 Etna Road
- When: Open May 25 – Sept 3 from 12:00 pm to 7:00 pm Monday through Saturday, and noon to 6 p.m. Sunday. Hours will be reduced once school resumes.
- Details: Splashpad is only open to kids 10 and under (proof may be required via birth certificate). Admission is free for Whitehall residents (see details about registration); a $5 fee applies to nonresidents, payable by credit card only. Limited to 100 users at a time; monitored by staff.
Obetz Splash Pad
- Where: 4390 Lancaster Avenue 43207 Obetz, OH
- When: Open daily during the summer (weather dependent) from 11 am to 7 pm
- Details: Splashpad is only open to kids 12 and under. Admission is free for Obetz residents (see details about registration); a $2 day pass fee applies to nonresidents.