Enjoy movies under the stars with friends and family around Columbus throughout the summer. There are outdoor movie options almost every night of the week Tuesday-Saturday through much of the Summer! Please check individual websites for details, weather cancellations, or event changes.
If you know of any other free outdoor movies around Columbus that should be listed, please email email@example.com.
Tuesday Outdoor Movies
Movies by Moonlight at Easton: Tuesdays on the Town Square at Easton, featuring favorites for the whole family. Bring a blanket and snacks.
- Tuesday, June 6: Wizard of Oz
- Tuesday, June 13: Storks
- Tuesday, June 20: Indian in the Cupboard
- Tuesday, June 27: Secret Life of Pets
- Tuesday, July 4: No Movie on Independence Day!
- Tuesday, July 11: Annie
- Tuesday, July 18: Finding Dory
- Tuesday, July 25: Babe
- Tuesday, August 1: Zootopia
- Tuesday, August 8: Moana
- Tuesday, August 15: Sing
- Tuesday, August 22: Grease
- Tuesday, August 29: Rudy
Wednesday Outdoor Movies
The Gateway Picture Show: Every Wednesday through August 9 at the Gateway Plaza Check out this NEW family-friendly outdoor movie series brought to you by Gateway – University Districty, Gateway Film Center featuring a different movie inspired by a classic book on the big screen! Shows start at dusk, but arrive early for a good spot! There will be 50 chairs provided to guests. Feel free to bring your own folding chairs or sit in the World of Beer outdoor patio. We recommend blankets for cuddling, but not for sitting, as your view may be blocked by the chairs.
- Wednesday, May 31: Alice In Wonderland (1976) and
- Wednesday, June 7: Oliver & Company (1988) *Benefit for Save Ohio Pets
- Wednesday, June 14: Jurassic Park (1993)
- Wednesday, June 21: Coraline (2009)
- Wednesday, June 28: War of the Worlds (1953)
- Wednesday, July 5: The Hunger Games (2011)
- Wednesday, July 12: Cinderella (1950)
- Wednesday, July 19: The Neverending Story (1986)
- Wednesday, July 26: James & the Giant Peach (1996)
- Wednesday, August 2: Where the Wild Things Are (2009)
- Wednesday, August 9: The Hobbit (1978)
Thursday Outdoor movies
Grove City Fryer Flicks on the Hill: Every Thursday through July on a large inflatable screen at dusk on the sledding hill at Fryer Park. Pack a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy these classics under the stars. Bring snacks (no glass); refreshments will be available for sale.
- Thursday, June 8: Moana (PG)
- Thursday, June 15: The Jungle Book (2016) (PG)
- Thursday, June 22: The Secret Life of Pets (PG)
- Thursday, June 29: Rogue One: A Star Wars Story (PG-13)
- Thursday, July 6: Fantastic Beasts and Where To Find Them (PG)
- Thursday, July 13: Finding Dory (PG)
- Thursday, July 20: Monster Trucks (PG)
- Thursday, July 27: The Lego Batman Movie (PG)
Wex Drive-In: Wexner Center Plaza at 15th Avenue and High Street. Bring blankets, chairs, and your favorite snacks, and enjoy beverages from the cash bar. There will also be snacks like Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams (free scoop for members), Seventh Son Brewery, and pizza from Mikey’s Late Night Slice for purchase.
- Thursday, June 15: Gimme Shelter (Albert Maysles, David Maysles, and Charlotte Zwerin, 1970)
- Thursday, July 20: Wattstax (Mel Stuart, 1973)
- Thursday, August 17: tba
Friday and Saturday Outdoor Movies
New Albany Summer Movie Series: Bring blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets, then sit back and enjoy the show at Wexner Pavilion. The screen will go up at dark so come early to get your spot on the lawn. Alcohol, pets and glass containers are strictly prohibited. Admission is free.
- Friday, June 9: Moana
- Friday, July 14: Star Wars: Rogue One
- Friday, August 11: Trolls
Flicks on the Bricks at Hilliard Station Park: Select Fridays; movies begin at dusk; water fountains turn off at 3 pm. Food trucks open at 6:30 pm and each night will feature special activities and entertainment themed with the movie.
- Friday, June 9: Honey, I Shrunk the Kids
- Friday, June 23: Lego Movie
- Friday, July 14: Christmas Vacation
- Friday, July 28: Toy Story
The Main Event in Bexley: Event begins at 6:30 p.m. on Capital University’s Main Street Lawn, with the movie following the music and kids activities by Piccadilly, the Bexley Public Library, and Bexley Recreation & Parks. Each month will feature a theme based upon the movie being shown, with activities for kids and families centered on that month’s theme.
- Friday, May 26: Moana with music with the Shazzbots before the show
- Friday, June 16: The Secret Life of Pets with music from The Kids’ Harmony Project
- Friday, July 21: Zootopia Float and Flick at the Bexley Pool*
- Friday, August 11: The Jungle Book with music from Main Event House Band
- Friday, September 15: Sing with Bexley’s Got Talent performers before the movie
Upper Arlington Movies in the Park: Movies begin at dusk at the parks listed on the schedule. Bring chairs, blankets, and snacks.
- Friday, June 9: Sing (Mountview Baptist Church – Drive-in)
- Friday, June 23: Angels in the Outfield with Family Campout(Sunny 95 Park)
- Friday, July 13: Jurassic World (Thompson Park) After the Summer Celebration, so arrive early!
- Thursday, July 28: Finding Dory (Thompson Park)
- Friday, August 11: Moana (Thompson Park)
Friday Night Flicks at Sycamore Park Amphitheater in Pickerington. Bring a blanket and chairs to enjoy a movie on the white barn with family and friends.
- Friday, June 2: The Secret Life of Pets
- Friday, June 9: Moana
- Friday, June 16: The Jungle Book
- Friday, June 23: Sing
- Friday, June 30: Storks
- Friday, July 7: No Movie – July 4th Celebration
- Friday, July 14: Finding Dory
- Friday, July 21: The Mighty Ducks
- Friday, July 28: The Lego Batman Movie
Movie Night at Deer Haven Park Events start at 7 pm, movie begins at 9:30 pm
- Friday, May 26: Ice Age Under the Stars – Celebrate the premiere of our Ice Age exhibit with the animated movie, Ice Age to be shown outdoors. Explore the new exhibit and join in activities prior to the movie. The first 100 visitors will receive a collector edition mammoth poster! Staff will be making ice cream, too. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Activities begin at 7pm and the movie starts at 9:30pm. Free. All ages.
- Friday, June 30: Ice Age Under the Stars – Feast your eyes on the outdoor movie, Ice Age: The Meltdown. Before the movie observe science experiments revealing insights into the how and why of the Ice Age. Staff will be making snow cones, too! Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Activities begin at 8:00 p.m. Movie begins at 9:30 p.m. Free, all ages.
- Friday, July 28: Ice Age Under the Stars – Come and celebrate the Ice Age outdoors. Learn how glaciers move, the ways climate changes occur, and other activities prior to the movie. Then settle in for the outdoor movie, Ice Age: Continental Drift. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket. Event begins at 8:00 p.m. and the movie begins at 9:30 p.m. Event is open to all ages.
From Book to Film series at Topiary Park Pack a picnic and spread out your blankets at 8 p.m. in the park while you enjoy a variety of outdoor activities until show time. There will be a local food truck on site, plus FREE popcorm. Films will begin at dusk.
- Saturday, June 17: Jurassic Park
- Saturday, July 15: Curious George
- Saturday, August 19: The Devil Wears Prada
Columbus Commons Movie Night: Movies will be held after Family Funday and Popcorn Pops. Popcorn Pops concerts require a ticket ($10.60) and begin at 5 p.m., but the park will open to the public after the concert around 8:15 p.m. for the free movie under the stars.
- Saturday, May 27: The Secret Life of Pets (8:15 pm). Get there early for Family Funday from 4-8 pm with carousel rides, a petting zoo, crafts, and more.
- Friday, July 21: The LEGO Batman Movie (8:15 pm). Come early for Popcorn Pops with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra beginning at 5:30 pm. Tickets are required for Popcorn Pops ($8-$10), but the gates will open for the free movie at the conclusion of the concert.
- Friday, September 2: The Jungle Book (4:15 pm). Enjoy a free showing of The Jungle Book right after Family Funday on Sep 2n! Bring the whole family down to enjoy the Family Funday festivities from 12pm – 4pm and then settle down with a blanket or lawn chair under the stars for a free flick. Free carousel rides will be offered from 2pm – 5pm
Metro Parks Outdoor Movies Series Free family-friendly films with free popcorn with nature activities before the film.
- Friday, June 23 (8 pm): Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone at Sharon Woods Metro Park at Apple Ridge Picnic Area. Enjoy a visit from Ohio Wildlife Center’s owls and other activities before you watch “Harry Potter and the Sorcerer’s Stone” (rated PG.).
- Friday, July 29 (8:30 pm): Moana at Glacier Ridge Energy Center (at the Windmill)
- Saturday, August 4 (9 pm): Jurrassic Park at at Highbanks (Big Meadows Picnic Area) Learn about the science behind the story before the movie.
Movie Nights in Huber Park Reynoldsburg Free movies begin at dusk. Enjoy food vendors, family games, and crafts before the show.
- Saturday, June 10: Moana
- Saturday, June 24: The Secret Life of Pets
- Saturday, July 8: Storks
- Saturday, July 22: The Good Dinosaur
- Saturday, August 12: Tangled
- Saturday, August 26: Finding Dory
Outdoor Movie at Whetstone Park: Bring blankets and a picnic, or purchase food from food trucks. Popcorn & movie candy will also be in the park, no alcohol.
- Saturday, June 10: movie tba
Outdoor Movies with Admission
Nightlife 614 Outdoor Film Series for Adults These nights are dedicated to hanging out with other young professionals and feature food trucks, breweries, wineries, and movies at Genoa Park. Tickets are $5 in advance or $10 at the door (sell-outs likely)
- July 27: Dazed and Confused
- August 3: Bridesmaids
- August 24: Sandlot
- September 7: Step Brothers
- September 21: The Town
- October 5: Clueless
- October 19: Vote for which movie you want to see!
Movies Under the Stars at Green Lawn Abbey: Tickets are $5 at the door. Movie at dark. Beverages available for purchase and food trucks will be on site, or you can bring a picnic. Movie is in the side yard, plenty of free parking. Rain date is the next night (Saturday). Bring your chairs and blankets. All money raised goes to the restoration of Green Lawn Abbey.
- Friday, June 9: Double Indemnity
- Friday, July 14: The Uninvited
Friday, August 11: Rear Window
Friday, September 8: Theater of Blood
Dive-In Movies at Zoombezi Bay: Must pay admission to Zoombezi Bay, but if you are a member or were planning to go to the waterpark that day, make sure to stay for the movie. Pre-show activities begin at the Wild Tides Wave Pool at 8 p.m. The movie begins at 9 p.m. Admission to the water park ranges from $21.99 – $28.99.
- Friday, July 7: Willy Wonka and the Chocolate Factory
- Friday, July 14: Space Jam
- Friday, July 21: Kung Fu Panda 3
- Friday, July 28: We’re Back: A Dinosaur’s Story
- Friday, August 4: The Secret Life of Pets
Floating Flicks at Worthington Pools: Relax on a lounge chair or float on a raft while watching a family favorite on a large outdoor screen. This event is FREE for members. Non-members pay the evening gate fee; pool admission ranges from $5-$15.
- Friday, June 2: movie tba
- Friday, June 16: movie tba
- Friday, June 30: movie tba
- Friday, July 14: movie tba
- Friday, July 28: movie tba
- Friday, August 11: movie tba
Dive-in Movies at Pickerington Community Pool at 9 pm. Regular admission applies.
- Thursday, June 15: Moana
- Thursday, July 13: Finding Dory
Not verified for 2017
Dive-In Movies at Hunters Ridge Pool in Gahanna: Join us with your family and friends at Hunters Ridge Pool for summer movies after 6 p.m. Hands on activities before the movie and all-you-can-eat popcorn. $3 per member, $6 per non-member, Members $10 per household, $20 per non-member household