Enjoy movies under the stars with friends and family around Columbus throughout the summer. There are outdoor movie options almost every night of the week Tuesday-Saturday through much of the Summer! Please check individual websites for details, weather cancellations, or event changes.
If you know of any other free outdoor movies around Columbus that should be listed, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tuesday Outdoor Movies
Tuesdays on the Town Square at Easton, featuring favorites for the whole family. Bring a blanket and snacks.
- June 5: Wizard of Oz
- June 12: The Emoji Movie
- June 19: The Muppets
- June 26: Despicable Me 3
- July 3: No Movie on Independence Day!
- July 10: Paddington 2
- July 17: Coco
- July 24: Elf
- July 31: The LEGO Movie
- August 7: Wonder
- August 14: Sherlock Gnomes
- August 21: Peter Rabbit
- August 28: Beauty and the Beast
Wednesday Outdoor Movies
Every second Wednesday June through September at the Gateway Plaza brought to you by Gateway – University District, featuring the firsts of your favorite sagas. Shows start at dusk, but arrive early for a good spot! Feel free to bring your own folding chairs or sit in the World of Beer outdoor patio. We recommend blankets for cuddling, but not for sitting, as your view may be blocked by the chairs.
- June 13th- “Raiders of the Lost Ark”
- July 11th – “Back to the Future”
- August 8th- “The Fast and the Furious”
- September 12th- “Pitch Perfect”
Thursday Outdoor movies
Every Thursday through July on a large inflatable screen at dusk on the sledding hill at Fryer Park. Pack a lawn chair or blanket and enjoy these classics under the stars. Bring snacks (no glass); refreshments will be available for sale.
- June 7: Despicable Me 3
- June 14: Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- June 21: Wonder Woman (2017)
- June 28: Peter Rabbit
- July 5: Justice League
- July 12: Star Wars | The Last Jedi
- July 19: Coco
- July 26: Cars 3
Wexner Center Plaza at 15th Avenue and High Street. Bring blankets, chairs, and your favorite snacks, and enjoy beverages from the cash bar. There will also be refreshments from Hai Poke and Jeni’s Ice Cream for purchase (free scoop for members), and beer from Seventh Son Brewery for purchase.
- Thursday, June 14: Misery (Rob Reiner, 1990)
- Thursday, July 19: Batman (Tim Burton, 1989)
- Tuesday, August 14: The Fifth Element (Luc Besson, 1997)
Friday and Saturday Outdoor Movies
Bring blankets, lawn chairs and picnic baskets; no alcohol, pets and glass containers. The screen will go up at dark at Wexner Pavilion so come early to get your spot on the lawn. Admission is free.
- Friday, June 22: Trolls
- Friday, July 13: Pixar Night – Community Vote. Cast your vote for Finding Dory, Toy Story 3, Monsters University by June 1
- Friday, August 10: Black Panther
Select Saturdays; movies begin at dusk. Food trucks open at 6:30 pm and each night will feature special activities and entertainment themed with the movie.
- Saturday, June 16: Daddy Daycare at dusk; Fishing Derby from 6-10 pm
- Saturday, August 11: Little Giants
Event begins at 6:30 p.m. on Capital University’s Main Street Lawn, with the movie following the music and kids activities by Piccadilly, the Bexley Public Library, and Bexley Recreation & Parks. Each month will feature a theme based upon the movie being shown, with activities for kids and families centered on that month’s theme.
- Friday, May 25: Coco
- Friday, June 15: Princess Bride
- Friday, July 13: Lion King Float and Flick at the Bexley Pool*
- Friday, August 10: Trolls
- Friday, September 21: Star Wars – The Last Jedi
Movies begin at dusk at the parks listed on the schedule. Bring chairs, blankets, and snacks.
- Friday, June 8: Charlotte’s Web (Mountview Baptist Church – Drive-in)
- Friday, June 22: Honey I Shrunk the Kids (Family Camp-out Sunny 95 Park)
- Thursday, July 12: Angels in the Outfield (Thompson Park) After the Summer Celebration, so arrive early!
- Friday, July 27: Monsters Inc (Thompson Park)
- Friday, August 10: Paddington II (Thompson Park)
Sycamore Park Amphitheater in Pickerington at dusk. Bring a blanket and chairs to enjoy a movie on the white barn with family and friends.
- Friday, June 1: Despicable Me 3
- Friday, June 8: The Nut Job 2
- Friday, June 15: Lego Ninjago
- Friday, June 22: Beauty and the Beast (2017)
- Friday, July 6: No Movie – July 4th Celebration
- Friday, July 13: Coco
- Friday, July 20: Cars 3
- Friday, July 27: The Incredibles
Events start at 7 pm, movie begins at 9:30 pm. 4183 Liberty Road, Delaware, OH 43015
- Friday, July 27: Alfred Hitchcock’s The Birds (PG-13). Before the movie take a sunset hike and observe the nighttime flying creatures. Bring a lawn chair or blanket. Activities begin at 8 p.m. and the movie will begin at 9 p.m. Free, all ages.
- Friday, August 31: The Big Year (PG). Two birding enthusiasts try to defeat the cutthroat world record holder in a year-long bird-spotting competition. Before the movie meet live birds from Ohio Nature Education and take a sunset hike to observe creatures flying overhead at night. Bring a lawn chair or a blanket. Free, all ages. Activities begin at 8 pm and the movie will begin at 9 pm.
Pack a picnic and spread out your blankets at 8 p.m. in the park while you enjoy a variety of outdoor activities until show time. There will be a local food truck on site, plus FREE popcorm. Films will begin at dusk. 480 East Town Street, Columbus
- Saturday, June 30: Marley and Me. Pilot Dogs will participate in a meet & greet and short presentation, ALL dogs invited (on leash)
- Saturday, July 28: Howl’s Moving Castle
- Saturday, August 25: Arrival
Movies will be held after Family Funday and Popcorn Pops. Popcorn Pops concerts require a ticket ($10.60) and begin at 5 p.m., but the park will open to the public after the concert around 8:15 p.m. for the free movie under the stars.
- Saturday, May 26: The Greatest Showman (8:15 pm). Get there early for Family Funday from 4-8 pm with carousel rides, a family activities, crafts, and more.
- Friday, June 29: Movie: tba (8:15 pm). Come early for Popcorn Pops with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra beginning at 7 pm. Tickets are required for Popcorn Pops ($8-$10), but the gates will open for the free movie at the conclusion of the concert.
- Friday, July 13: Coco (8:15 pm). Come early for Popcorn Pops with the Columbus Symphony Orchestra beginning at 7 pm. Tickets are required for Popcorn Pops ($8-$10), but the gates will open for the free movie at the conclusion of the concert.
Variety of movies shown in the Metro Parks, including family movies and documentaries.
- Friday, June 15 (7:30 pm) Movie Night at Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center: PBS Nature presents “Leave it to Beavers,” the fascinating story of beavers in North America — their history, their near-extinction, and their current comeback.
- Saturday, June 23 (9 pm) Movie in the Park at Glacier Ridge: Wonder Woman. Please bring blankets or lawn chairs, snacks and drinks. Glow sticks will help navigate guests back to their cars after the movie. Parents please be aware the movie is rated PG-13, for sequences of violence and action, and some suggestive content. Runtime: 141 minutes.
- Saturday, June 30 (9:30 pm) Family Movie Night at Blendon Woods Cherry Ridge Program Area: Watch Jumanji under the stars. Bring your own seating. Movie begins at dark.
- Saturday, July 21 (7:30 pm) Movie Night at Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center. Disney Nature presents “Bears,” a documentary film about a family of brown bears living in the coastal mountain ranges of Alaska.
- Saturday, July 21 (9 pm) Movie in the Park at Glacier Ridge: Coco. Please bring blankets or lawn chairs, snacks and drinks. Glow sticks will help navigate guests back to their cars after the movie. Parents please be aware the movie is rated PG for thematic elements.
- Friday, August 3 (7:30 pm) Movie Night at Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center. PBS Nature Presents “Charlie and the Curious Otters,” a documentary film that captures never-seen-before behavior of otters and uncovers the secrets to their survival.
- Friday, August 3 (9 pm) Metro Parks Summer Movie Series at High Banks Big Meadow Picnic Area: Rogue One – A Star Wars Story. Limited supply of popcorn provided. Activities start at 8pm, movie begins at approximately 9:15 (dark.) Rain date Aug 4. Bring seating and bug repellent. Limited supply of popcorn will be provided, please bring your own snacks and drinks (no alcohol). To check if movie is postponed due to weather, please call the nature center at 614-846-9962 day of the program.
- Friday, August 17 (8 pm) Movie in the Park at Sharon Woods. Lego Batman: Enjoy bat-themed activities before you watch “The LEGO Batman Movie’ (rated PG). Movie begins at dark. Bring your own seating. Rain date is Saturday 8/18 at 8pm.
Free movies begin at dusk. Enjoy food vendors, family games, and crafts before the show beginning at 6 pm.
- Saturday, June 9 – Wonder
- Saturday, June 23 – Despicable Me 3
- Saturday, July 7 – Star Wars: The Last Jedi
- Saturday, July 21 – The Good Dinosaur
- Saturday, August 11 – Coco
- Saturday, August 25 – Zootopia
Outdoor Movies with Admission
9 pm. Regular admission applies.
- Thursday, June 14: Lego Ninjago
- Thursday, July 12: Coco
Must pay admission to Zoombezi Bay, but if you are a member or were planning to go to the waterpark that day, make sure to stay for the movie. Pre-show activities begin at the Wild Tides Wave Pool at 8 p.m. The movie begins at 9 p.m. Admission to the water park ranges from $21.99 – $28.99. Take the COTA ZOOBus to Zoombezi Bay and get $10 off admission!
- June 29: Despicable Me 3
- July 6: Trolls
- July 13: Ghostbusters
- July 20: Sing
- July 27: Elf
- August 3: The LEGO Batman Movie
These nights are dedicated to hanging out with other young professionals and feature food trucks, breweries, wineries, and movies at Genoa Park. Tickets are $6 in advance or $15 at the door (sell-outs likely)
- July 12: The Breakfast Club
- August 2: The Devil Wears Prada
- August 16: Wedding Crashers
- August 30: Almost Famous
- September 6: Fight Club
- September 20: Pretty Woman
- September 27: Napoleon Dynamite
- October 11: Ghostbusters (1984)
Tickets are $5 at the door. Movie at dark. Skyward Grille will be selling food, or you can bring a picnic. Movie is in the side yard, plenty of free parking. Rain date is the next night (Saturday). Bring your chairs and blankets. All money raised goes to the restoration of Green Lawn Abbey.
- June 8: Mildred Pierce
- July 13: Cape Fear (original)
- August 10: Suspicion
- September 7: House on Haunted Hill
The Skyview Drive in is worth the drive! $8 for 12 and over, $4 for ages 4-11. Check the schedule for upcoming movies.
Located on the South Side of Columbus, showing movies on Friday – Sunday in Spring and more frequently during the summer. Admission is $2-$9.40; 4 and under free.
UPDATES NOT AVAILABLE FOR 2018 yet
Floating Flicks at Worthington Pools: Relax on a lounge chair or float on a raft while watching a family favorite on a large outdoor screen. This event is FREE for members. Non-members pay the evening gate fee; pool admission ranges from $5-$15.
Dive-In Movies at Hunters Ridge Pool in Gahanna: Join us with your family and friends at Hunters Ridge Pool for summer movies after 6 p.m. Hands on activities before the movie and all-you-can-eat popcorn. $3 per member, $6 per non-member, Members $10 per household, $20 per non-member household
Outdoor Movie at Whetstone Park: Bring blankets and a picnic, or purchase food from food trucks. Popcorn & movie candy will also be in the park, no alcohol.