New Albany Parks & Recreation is celebrating summer with the 2020 Summer Movie Series, with adjustments to keep everyone safe!
The movies will be held in 3 different locations this summer, and the season will kick off with a drive-in movie! In addition to the movie each night, families can enjoy balloon benders, face painters, inflatable obstacle courses, yard games and more.
Admission is free! Bring dinner and/or snacks and enjoy the show with your family!
New Albany Summer Movie Series
Friday, June 26th: Movie TBD, Drive-In at Bevelhymer Park (Green Zone; 7860 Bevelhymer Road)
Pre-registration required for this drive-in movie. No drive-up registration. Cars can enter the lot at 8 pm. The movie will start after 9 om. Movie tbd. Bring a picnic! Each vehicle will have an adjacent parking spot for a “tailgate” set-up, plus an additional parking spot for social distancing from the next patron. No additional events are scheduled for this movie night. NOTE: This event is on waitlist for registration.
Friday, July 24th: Moana at Thompson Park (5600 Thompson Road)
Moana will be at the park to visit and for a special performance! Other attractions include zipline (tbd). In partnership with the New Albany Food Pantry, we invite you to paint bowls with us. Pre-registration for bowls is encouraged, but walk ups are welcome while supplies last. Festivities will begin at 6 pm, and the movie will start around 9 pm. Parking is available in lots at Thompson Park. Neighbors from The Preserve and Albany Park are encouraged to walk.
Friday, August 14th: Frozen 2 (PG) at Windsor Neighborhood Park
Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf will visit for a special performance, pictures and more. Additional activities tbd. In partnership with the New Albany Food Pantry, we invite you to paint bowls with us. Pre-registration for bowls is encouraged, but walk ups are welcome while supplies last. Festivities begin at 6pm, movie will start around 9pm. Walking is encouraged, but street parking will be permitted and prohibited areas clearly marked.
Looking for more movies under the stars? Check out our huge list of outdoor movies this summer!
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020