Head to a Columbus Metro Parks this summer for movies under the stars! These free movies are open to all ages, but parents should check out ratings before bringing young children. There is a variety of movies shown in the Metro Parks, including family movies and documentaries.
2018 Movie Schedule
- Friday, June 15 (7:30 pm) Movie Night at Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center: PBS Nature presents “Leave it to Beavers,” the fascinating story of beavers in North America — their history, their near-extinction, and their current comeback.
Saturday, June 23 (9 pm) Movie in the Park at Glacier Ridge: Wonder Woman. Please bring blankets or lawn chairs, snacks and drinks. Glow sticks will help navigate guests back to their cars after the movie. Parents please be aware the movie is rated PG-13, for sequences of violence and action, and some suggestive content. Runtime: 141 minutes
- Saturday, June 30 (9:30 pm) Family Movie Night at Blendon Woods Cherry Ridge Program Area: Watch Jumanji under the stars. Bring your own seating. Movie begins at dark.
- Saturday, July 21 (7:30 pm) Movie Night at Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center. Disney Nature presents “Bears,” a documentary film about a family of brown bears living in the coastal mountain ranges of Alaska.
- Saturday, July 21 (9 pm) Movie in the Park at Glacier Ridge: Coco. Please bring blankets or lawn chairs, snacks and drinks. Glow sticks will help navigate guests back to their cars after the movie. Parents please be aware the movie is rated PG for thematic elements.
- Friday, August 3 (7:30 pm) Movie Night at Battelle Darby Creek Nature Center. PBS Nature Presents “Charlie and the Curious Otters,” a documentary film that captures never-seen-before behavior of otters and uncovers the secrets to their survival.
- Friday, August 3 (9 pm) Metro Parks Summer Movie Series at High Banks Big Meadow Picnic Area: Rogue One – A Star Wars Story. Limited supply of popcorn provided. Activities start at 8pm, movie begins at approximately 9:15 (dark.) Rain date Aug 4. Bring seating and bug repellent. Limited supply of popcorn will be provided, please bring your own snacks and drinks (no alcohol). To check if movie is postponed due to weather, please call the nature center at 614-846-9962 day of the program.
- Friday, August 17 (8 pm) Movie in the Park at Sharon Woods. Lego Batman: Enjoy bat-themed activities before you watch “The LEGO Batman Movie’ (rated PG). Movie begins at dark. Bring your own seating. Rain date is Saturday 8/18 at 8pm.
Don’t forget the bug repellent! (this is Ohio, after all)
Looking for more summer movies under the stars? Here’s a list of over 100 outdoor movies around Columbus this summer!