Ace Hardware collaborates with the VFW to give away 1 million American flags for Memorial Day to honor fallen heroes. On Saturday, May 23, you can stop in store for a free flag from Ace Hardware.
Ace Hardware is an essential business, so stores are open nationwide. Customers who visit a participating Ace store on May 23 will receive a free 8” x 12” American flag*, and a second flag will be donated to a local VFW Post to be used for marking and honoring veteran graves this Memorial Day.
Last year, Ace Hardware sent a total of 535,000 flags to 2,230 local VFW Posts across the country. The American flag giveaway aligns with Ace Hardware’s long history of supporting veterans nationwide. Ace’s very name is a commemoration of the “Flying Aces,” the courageous fighter pilots from the First World War. Ace’s patriotism continues through the support of its veteran retailers, and the sincere appreciation for all the veterans and active-duty military who work in Ace stores, distribution centers, and its corporate offices.
*Flags will be available in participating Ace stores, while quantities last. Limit one 8” x 12” flag per customer. No purchase necessary.
Other articles of interest
- Westerville Field of Heroes during Memorial Day Weekend
- Memorial Day events around Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts