Symphony music isn’t just for adults! The Columbus Commons will be hosting Popcorn Pops with The Columbus Symphony this summer to show kids how fun music can be. These shows are great for families with children ages 3 – 12, and feature free popcorn and pre-concert activities such as face painting, art projects, musical instruments and the Columbus Commons Family Fun Zone with inflatables and open play activities.
Gates open and pre-concert activities begin at 5:30 p.m. – get there early to snag a good picnic spot. Concerts begin at 7 p.m. and run for approximately one hour, followed by a family-friendly movie at Columbus Commons. Tickets are $10 at the gate or contact CAPA Ticket Center at 614.469.0939. Popcorn Pops concerts require a ticket, but the gates will open to the public for the free movie after the concert is over.
Popcorn Pops Schedule:
- Friday, June 29 – Superheroes Soundtrack: Come dressed as your favorite caped crusader as the Columbus Symphony performs the theme songs of your most beloved superheroes including Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, and more!
- Friday, July 13 – Movie Music: Enjoy the signature songs of your favorite family films including Harry Potter and the Philosopher’s Stone, Pirates of the Caribbean, Frozen, and more!
Check out the other activities going on at Columbus Commons this year!
- Get Fit: Columbus Commons Fitness Classes
- Columbus Commons Free Movie Nights
- Picnic with the Pops at Columbus Commons
- Free family fun: Commons for Kids
- Food Truck Food Court on Thursdays at the Commons