Enjoy the ultimate picnic with acclaimed artists and the Columbus Symphony Orchestra this summer with The Picnic with the Pops concert series. The season will run June 17 through July 28, at the Columbus Commons. Gates open at 6 p.m., with the shows beginning at 8 p.m. Bring a picnic and enjoy an evening at this casual family-friendly event with the Columbus Symphony. You can bring your own food, beverages, alcohol, and coolers, so you can make it a more affordable outing. Food and beverages (alcoholic and non-alcoholic) can also be purchased from on-site vendors.
Tickets for Picnic with the Pops start at $25 for lawn seats for adults and $10 for children ages 3-14, and can be purchased in advance by phone at 614.228.8600, online, or in person at the Ohio Theatre Ticket Office (39 E. State St.). Save money on Ticketmaster charges by purchasing by phone or in person. Children 2 and under are free.
- Saturday, June 16: Little River Band
- Saturday, June 23: Rick Springfield
- Saturday, June 30: Patriotic Pops with Columbus Gay Men’s Chorus
- Saturday, July 7: The Music of Billy Joel and More starring Michael Cavanaugh
- Saturday, July 14: HANSON String Theory
- Friday, July 20: Tchaikovsky Spectacular
- Saturday, July 21: TBA
- Friday & Saturday, July 27 & 28: The OSU Marching Band
Check out the other activities going on at Columbus Commons this year!
- Get Fit: Columbus Commons Fitness Classes
- Columbus Commons Free Movie Nights
- Popcorn Pops with Columbus Symphony Orchestra
- Free family fun: Commons for Kids
- Food Truck Food Court on Thursdays at the Commons
More than 950 spaces are available in the lot beneath the Columbus Commons (entrance at 191 S. Third St.), and more than 3,600 spaces are available park-side in the three-story garage at 55 E. Rich St. (entrances are located on Main Street and Rich Street). Parking is $5, and is cash only. Prepaid parking is available at the Columbus Commons lot.