Summer is getting closer and hopefully rain will start to become less frequent! Each Sunday, bring the family to downtown Worthington for Concerts of the Green and enjoy free outdoor concerts with the family.
There will different musical acts performing every Sunday from May 20 through August 12, 2012, at the Northwest quadrant of the Village Green beginning at 7 p.m. These family friendly events are free. Bring chairs and blankets. In case of inclement weather, the concerts will be held at the Peggy R. McConnell Arts Center, located at 777 Evening Street.
- Sunday, May 26: Worthington Chorus – The Chorus will present a variety of songs from their upcoming show “Broadway or Bust.”
- Saturday, June 1 – 6 to 7 p.m.: Children’s Concert featuring Endless Recess
- Sunday, June 2: The Apple Bottom Gang – Country/Rock/Americana
- Sunday, June 9: The Olde Souls and the Makeshift Band – Folk Rock
- Sunday, June 23: Arnett Howard and Friends – Creole/Funk/Motown/Reggae/Jazz
- Sunday, June 30: Two2Many – Celtic
- Sunday, July 7: RMT – Americana
- Sunday, July 14: Agent 99 – ‘70s & ‘80s
- Sunday, July 21: Worthington Civic Band – Orchestra
- Sunday, July 28: In Full Swing – Big Band/Swing
- Sunday, August 4: Kavan (Elvis) with Columbus Horns – ‘60s & ‘70s Cover Songs and Elvis Tribute
- Saturday, August 10 – 7:30 to 9:30 p.m.: ’80s Flashback Party featuring The Reaganomics – A DJ will play music from 7:30 to 8 p.m, followed by The Reaganomics from 8 to 9:30 p.m.
- Sunday, August 11: OSU Alumni Band - An ice cream social takes place at the Presbyterian Church after the concert from 6 to 8 p.m.
- Saturday, August 17: 122nd Ohio Army National Guard Band