Coming back in 2021 – details tba!
You don’t have to fight traffic or pay for parking to enjoy the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay – and you can get a huge discount for Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay. While the program previously only ran through the summer months, they have extended the program for the Zoo through the fall!
The Columbus Zoo and COTA have again partnered to provide bus service from downtown Columbus, Dublin Park & Ride, and Griggs Dam Park & Ride to the Zoo, plus you’ll enjoy a huge discount on admission to the Columbus Zoo. Ride the COTA Zoo Bus and get $3 admission into the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium.
Note: All Zoo visits (including Members) will require a dated, timed ticket to help ensure that social distancing and other precautions are followed appropriately. Members do not need a reservation after 2 pm. See full reopening details here. Reservations can be made by visiting ColumbusZoo.org or by calling (614) 645-3400.
If you are riding the Zoo Bus, make sure to select Zoo Bus Customer Reservation under the Daily Ticket options for your reservation prior to boarding the Zoo Bus. After your registration is confirmed, please be sure to follow the instructions on how to redeem the voucher at the Zoo’s ticket window. You will receive the coupon from the bus driver to qualify for discounted admission.
Zoo Bus Discount for Columbus Zoo and Aquarium and Zoombezi Bay
Fall Zoo Bus service runs September 18, 2020 – November 1, 2020. The fare is $1-$2 each way (free for under 48 inches), and you will receive Columbus Zoo admission for just $3, with a transfer/coupon from the bus driver. In addition to the Columbus Zoo discount, you’ll also avoid the $10 cost for Zoo parking.
The ticket is only valid on the day of the bus ride.
COTA Zoo Bus Details
Zoo Bus riders can board at the Statehouse or High/Broad, or leave their cars at the Griggs Dam Park & Ride (located at Riverside Drive & Nottingham Road) or Dublin Park and Ride to avoid paying for parking Downtown. Meters are typically free on Sundays in downtown Columbus. There are 5 departure times to and from the Zoo, so you can spend as little or as much of your day at the Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay.
COTA Zoo Bus Weekday schedule
- From downtown, the Zoo Bus departs from the High Street stop at the Statehouse at 8:30 a.m., 10 a.m., 2:30 p.m., 4:00 p.m., and 6:00 p.m.
- From the Griggs Dam Park and Ride, the Zoo Bus departs at 8:50 a.m., 10:19 a.m., 2:49 p.m. 4:50 p.m. and 6:19 p.m.
- From the Dublin Park and Ride 9:01 a.m., 10:30 a.m., 3:00 p.m. 5:01 p.m. 6:30 p.m.
From the Zoo, the Zoo Bus departs at 9:15 a.m., 10:45 a.m., 3:45 p.m. 5:15 p.m., and 7:00 p.m. This route stops at the Griggs Dam Park & Ride and at select stops downtown before returning to the Statehouse.
COTA requires all drivers and riders wear masks while onboard.
Changes have been made for the Columbus Zoo and Zoombezi Bay after reopening in June 2020. See full details below.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Best places to pick apples in Central Ohio
- Columbus Pumpkin Patches, Farm Activities, Corn Mazes, and More!
- Over 120 events celebrating Fall and Halloween in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
- Big list of great Fall date ideas around Columbus
- Best hikes and scenic drives for Fall Color in Ohio