Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens is Central Ohio’s premier botanical garden, just east of Franklin Park approximately two miles from downtown Columbus. Explore 13 acres of botanical biomes, stunning gardens, art installations and exhibitions, and seasonal attractions as you wander the Conservatory building, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden and the Grand Mallway.
Franklin Park Conservatory has reopened, with some changes to make your visit safe for all. All indoor and outdoor spaces are open, but capacity may be limited in certain areas, and traffic is one way through biomes.
Timed Tickets for Visits
All guests, including members, will need to reserve a timed ticket ahead of time for each visit. Capacity for the property, including the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden, are limited. Tickets will be reserved according to timed arrivals.
Please arrive within 15 minutes of your timed ticket to prevent overcrowding. You can stay as long as you want after your timed arrival. If you arrive before or after your timed ticket, you may need to reschedule or wait if space is not available. Tickets are nonrefundable, but can be exchanged one time, up to 24 hours prior to the date by 614-715-8002 with your name, desired date and/or time and order number. Exchange is based on availability and is not guaranteed.
Tickets can either be printed or scanned from your confirmation email on your mobile device, and members can present their ID and membership card.
Health and Safety Precautions
Face Covering: For protection of all, face masks and coverings are recommended for all guests, volunteers, and staff. While this is not required, it is strongly encouraged for everyone over age 2, except for those with medical conditions that prevent the use of masks.
Update: In accordance with Mayor Ginther’s executive order, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens will require face coverings beginning Friday, July 3. Exceptions will be made for children under the age of 6 and individuals with medical exemptions. Masks will be available for purchase at the Main Entrance for $1.
Distancing from others: Six-feet or more distance between groups must be maintained at all times. Areas that require a line will have floor decals to assist with distancing.
Hygiene: Hand Sanitizer will be available throughout the property, and guests are encourage to continue proper hygiene and hand washing before, during, and after visit.
Restrooms in the Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden and near the Visitor Center will be open
STAY HOME if you feel unwell
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden
Kids love exploring and playing in The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden. This fun outdoor park features natural play areas, special gardens, and other ways to connect kids with nature.
Bring a towel and water-safe clothing if your kids intend to visit the garden, so they can explore the Sandstone Creek water feature. Diapered kids must wear swim diapers. Don’t forget sunscreen!
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden capacity will be limited to maintain safety. The creek water feature and the restrooms will be open. Please remember to maintain a safe distance between other groups. Programming and certain play materials will be limited to maintain a safe and sanitary environment.
Don’t miss the stunning Chihuly Collection throughout FPC, along with the other beautiful offerings, such as the Himalayan Mountain Biome, Rainforest Biome, Desert Biome, and Pacific Island Water Garden. Leave plenty of time for your visit! There is truly a days’ worth of exploring at the Conservatory. While you’re there, visit the Dorothy M. Davis Showhouse and view specimens from the Conservatory’s bonsai collection.
Check out all of the gardens and collections available for viewing at FPC.
The Conservatory’s Food Truck will offer house-made, pre-packaged snacks and lunch items, as well as beverages, including beer and wine. Cash will not be accepted; cards only please. The Garden Café will not be open at this time.
Snacks and water bottles are permitted; no glass. Outside Food or beverages are not permitted. Picnic tables are available in the beautiful Franklin Park just south of the main Conservatory building.
Blooms and Butterflies: Due to the Spring closures and safety requirements, the Blooms and Butterflies exhibit is not being shown in 2020. We look forward to the return of this exhibit in March 2021!
Color to Discover: June 13 – Sept 20. Flowers and foliage are in full bloom, along with containers, hanging baskets, and whimsical living art from the topiary collection.
Paul Busse Garden Railway: July 4 – January 10, 2021. Train lovers, check this out! The brand new exhibition features model trains whirling through four unique botanical themes on 1,122 feet of track in the Grand Mallway. From the website “The Garden Railway invites visitors to explore botanical themes of enchanting and immersive scale, from Fairytale Land to Wild West Town and the animal-themed models in Who Lives Here, to the European Travels destination. Features include an enchanted children’s tree cove, two waterfalls, a bubbling brook, sculpted cedar mountains, and plantings specific to each theme.”
Second Saturday of July, August, September and October from 7 pm – 10 pm. Chihuly Nights are an amazing way to see the conservatory after hours in a new light. The 19 Chihuly installations will be illuminated with the botanical gardens as a backdrop. Check out the biomes in the conservatory and the historic John F. Wolfe Palm as it’s illuminated by James Turrell’s Light Raiment II. The Conservatory food truck will serve a limited food menu, beer and wine. Botanica Gift Shop and Chihuly Gift Store will be open as well. Special admission is $12-$22 for non-members, and $6-$11 for members. It’s a great date night idea!
- August 8, 2020
- September 12, 2020
- October 9, 2020
- October 10, 2020
- November 6, 2020
Pumpkins Aglow at Franklin Park Conservatory
Don’t miss fall favorite Pumpkins Aglow from October 14th – 18th and 21st – 25th from 5-9pm. Experience the magic of the harvest season at the Conservatory under the stars, surrounded by glowing pumpkins and enchanting scenery. Pumpkins Aglow includes exhibitions, gardens and collections, and Botanica Gift Shop and Greenhouse. The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden will close at dusk
October 14-18 from 5-9pm
October 21-25 from 5-9pm
Buy tickets now! With limited ticket sale in 2020, make sure you get yours early!
Holidays, 2020 tba
Admission and Discounts to Franklin Park Conservatory
Admission to the Franklin Park Conservatory is $19 for adults and over age 12, $16 for seniors, and $12 for children 3-12 (free under age 2). These admission prices are valid 10 am – 5 pm. Special events and evening hours have different rates.
Columbus Arts & Culture Fee: For all tickets purchased on or after July 1, 2019, a 5% ticket fee will be applied. The Columbus Arts & Culture Fee helps make the arts available to all by funding exemplary artists, arts organizations and programs that educate and engage audiences throughout Greater Columbus.
Franklin Park Conservatory discounts
Community Days at the Conservatory. On the first Sunday of each month, the Conservatory will be free for residents of Franklin County and the City of Columbus during regular operating hours of 10am to 5pm. Proof of residence and/or valid ID are required. Community Days aim to make the gardens more accessible to all.
Now that capacity is limited to facilitate social distancing, reservations fill up quickly. To make sure Community Days stay true to their purpose, FPC asks that visitors please consider the following before reserving a Community Day visit.
1. If you are a member (members receive free admission every day) or have the means to support the Conservatory through admission, please consider visiting on a different day.
2. Before making a reservation, please make sure you can attend. Not showing up takes away an opportunity for someone who might not otherwise be able to visit.
3. Please cancel your reservation if you can no longer attend. We completely understand that plans change. We just ask that you let us know, so we can open our doors to another member of the community. To cancel, please call the Visitor Center at 614-715-8002 or email VisitorServices@fpconservatory.org.
- August 1, 2020
- September 5, 2020
- October 3, 2020
- November 7, 2020
- December 5, 2020
Columbus Member Advantage discount. Members of select attractions and museums in Columbus will receive a $3 discount at Franklin Park Conservatory through the Columbus Member Advantage program. Partners include: Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Columbus, Ohio History Center & Ohio Village, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Pizzuti Collection, Wexner Center for the Arts.
Educator, Military & Student Discounts. Take 10% off any membership category if you are a full-time, active educator or an active or retired military personnel. Present current teacher or military identification at the Visitor’s Center to qualify for this discount. Students (with valid ID) receive 10% off the Individual membership.
FPC passes at the Library. Conservatory Membership Cards are available for checkout at the Martin Luther King, Shepard, and Driving Park branches of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. With an active library card, you can check out a temporary Conservatory membership card that will grant up to two adults and six children free admission to the Conservatory for 2 days.
Access Pass discounts. The Conservatory provides special discounts to qualifying families to make programming and special events available to all. See website for specific discounts
Save money with Franklin Park Conservatory Membership
Love to explore the various exhibits and events throughout the year? An annual membership would be worth the cost, as they range from $55 – $185. Senior (60+) memberships are just $40, and the $35 Access pass is for families who are eligible for benefit programs.
- Members also receive discounts and free admission at various Reciprocal Admission Discounts to gardens and arboretums across the US.
- You’ll also receive a $3 discount to many of the best museums and attractions in Columbus through the Columbus Member Advantage, including Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Columbus, Ohio History Center & Ohio Village, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Pizzuti Collection, Wexner Center for the Arts.
- ProMusica Chamber Orchestra Special Offer: Conservatory members receive one free ticket to a regular season performance with the purchase of a ticket. Contact the ProMusica box office with current membership number at 614.464.0066.
If your membership expired during the closure (March 13 – June 12) you may still visit the Conservatory with full member privileges. Your membership renewal is extended equal to the time period of the closure.
- Educator, Military & Student Discounts: Take 10% off any membership category if you are a full-time, active educator or an active or retired military personnel. Present current teacher or military identification at the Visitor’s Center to qualify for this discount.
- Students (with valid ID) receive 10% off the Individual membership.
- Access Family Membership ($35) for families in eligible programs with proof of participation: CareSource, Ohio Directions card, Medicaid card, W.I.C. card or Molina card. Franklin Park Conservatory Access memberships are available by mail or at the Visitor Center only.
The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Community Garden Campus
Next to the Conservatory, The Scotts Miracle-Gro Company Community Garden Campus is a 4-acre garden with an apiary, rose pavilion, berry house and 40 community garden plots as well as, a demonstration kitchen and Live-Fire Cooking Theater. This area is open to the public at no charge from dawn until dusk. Visitors also enjoy exploring Franklin Park before or after their visit to FPC.
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
1777 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43203
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Sunflower Fields in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Creeking in Columbus: Creeks and other water to explore
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Free outdoor movies around Columbus this Summer
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus
Columbus, OH 43203
Columbus, OH 43203