Late winter through Spring is the perfect time to visit Blooms and Butterflies at the Franklin Park Conservatory. As one of the most popular exhibits, you won’t want to miss it in 2021 after it was closed for 2020!
From Feb. 20-May 31, 2021, hundreds of exotic butterflies will fill the Pacific Island Water Garden biome, a tropical haven filled with lush foliage and bright blooms.
Patrons can visit at any time to see a diverse array of butterflies soaring overhead or basking on nearby plant life.
Please note that the daily butterfly demonstrations will not be taking place this year due to social distancing precautions. Instead, stay tuned for virtual opportunities to watch butterflies being released into the space!
Special Times To See The Blooms and Butterflies
Opening Day: February 20
Children under 12 who visit on opening day can take home a butterfly inspired craft project and cookie. Available while supplies last.
Members Fly First: February 20, March 6 and March 27 from 5-8pm.
Enjoy the fairy-like flight of these popular creatures during a special Members Fly First Butterfly Release in the Pacific Islands Water Garden after the Conservatory has closed to the public. Limit one butterfly per named member and four butterflies per family. $5 per butterfly is due at the time of registration.
Reservations for all three dates are full but waitlists are available. You will be contacted directly before the event if you have the chance to be moved off the waitlist.
Chihuly Nights: March 13, 2021, April 10, 2021, May 8, 2021
Visit the Conservatory after-hours for a special evening out. Perfect for dates or friend outings! See more details here.
While you’re there kids love exploring and playing in The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden. This fun outdoor park features natural play areas, special gardens, and other ways to connect kids with nature.
Don’t miss the stunning Chihuly Collection throughout FPC, along with the other beautiful offerings. Leave plenty of time for your visit! There is truly a days’ worth of exploring at the Conservatory. While you’re there, visit the Dorothy M. Davis Showhouse and view the Orchids exhibit through March 7.
Ticketing and Safety
Masks are required for all visitors in all indoor and outdoor areas at the Conservatory. To facilitate social distancing, visitors, including members, will need to reserve a timed ticket ahead of time for each visit. Capacity for the property is limited for safety.
Please arrive within 15 minutes of your timed ticket to prevent overcrowding. You can stay as long as you want after your timed arrival. If you arrive before or after your timed ticket, you may need to reschedule or wait if space is not available. Tickets are nonrefundable, but can be exchanged one time, up to 24 hours prior to the date by 614-715-8002 with your name, desired date and/or time and order number. Exchange is based on availability and is not guaranteed.
Tickets can either be printed or scanned from your confirmation email on your mobile device, and members can present their ID and membership card.
Admission to the Franklin Park Conservatory is $19 for adults and over age 12, $16 for seniors, and $12 for children 3-12 (free under age 2). These admission prices are valid 10 am – 5 pm. Special events and evening hours have different rates.
Franklin Park Conservatory discounts
Community Days at the Conservatory. On the first Sunday of each month, the Conservatory will be free for residents of Franklin County and the City of Columbus during regular operating hours of 10am to 5pm.
Columbus Member Advantage discount. Members of select attractions and museums in Columbus will receive a $3 discount at Franklin Park Conservatory through the Columbus Member Advantage program. Partners include: Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Columbus, Ohio History Center & Ohio Village, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Pizzuti Collection, Wexner Center for the Arts.
Educator, Military & Student Discounts. Take 10% off any membership category if you are a full-time, active educator or an active or retired military personnel. Present current teacher or military identification at the Visitor’s Center to qualify for this discount. Students (with valid ID) receive 10% off the Individual membership.
FPC passes at the Library. Conservatory Membership Cards are available for checkout at the Martin Luther King and Shepard branches of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. With an active library card, you can check out a temporary Conservatory membership card that will grant up to two adults and six children free admission to the Conservatory for 2 days.
Access Pass discounts. The Conservatory provides special discounts to qualifying families to make programming and special events avaialble to all. See website for specific discounts
Save money with Franklin Park Conservatory Membership
Love to explore the various exhibits and events throughout the year? An annual membership would be worth the cost, as they range from $55 – $185. Senior (60+) memberships are just $40, and the $35 Access pass is for families who are eligible for benefit programs.
- Members also receive discounts and free admission at various Reciprocal Admission Discounts to gardens and arboretums across the US.
- You’ll also receive a $3 discount to many of the best museums and attractions in Columbus through the Columbus Member Advantage, including Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Columbus, Ohio History Center & Ohio Village, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Pizzuti Collection, Wexner Center for the Arts.
- ProMusica Chamber Orchestra Special Offer: Conservatory members receive one free ticket to a regular season performance with the purchase of a ticket. Contact the ProMusica box office with current membership number at 614.464.0066.
- Educator, Military & Student Discounts: Take 10% off any membership category if you are a full-time, active educator or an active or retired military personnel. Present current teacher or military identification at the Visitor’s Center to qualify for this discount.
- Students (with valid ID) receive 10% off the Individual membership.
- Access Family Membership ($35) for families in eligible programs with proof of participation: CareSource, Ohio Directions card, Medicaid card, W.I.C. card or Molina card. Franklin Park Conservatory Access memberships are available by mail or at the Visitor Center only.
Love to explore the various exhibits and events throughout the year? An annual membership would be worth the cost, as they range from $50 – $175. Senior (60+) memberships are just $40, and the $30 Access pass is for families who are eligible for benefit programs.
Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens
1777 E Broad St
Columbus, OH 43203
Other articles of interest
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus and upcoming garden events
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Discounted and Free Museum Days in Columbus
- Find over 125 free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- 50+ Best free and cheap dates in Columbus
- Huge list of Happy Hours all over Columbus