Franklin Park Conservatory is a great place to spend a family fun day. In addition to the amazing exhibits including Orchids and Waning Light (through March 3), followed by Blooms and Butterflies (starting March 9), you can explore the The Scotts Miracle-Gro Foundation Children’s Garden all year long, plus the other amazing features of Franklin Park Conservatory.
On most Saturdays (and other select days) Franklin Park Conservatory hosts Family Fun events, including crafts, performances, and other activities. You can also check out all of the exhibits and enjoy the Children’s Garden (food may not be brought into the Conservatory, but there are outdoor tables to use). See the schedule of Family Fun events at this link. See additional reccuring family fun below.
- Nature Storytime: Thursdays at 10:30am. Geared towards ages 3-5. From January–March, Nature Storytime is in Palm House. Beginning in April, Nature Storytime will be in the Children’s Garden. Included with admission. (see details)
- Family Fun with the Columbus Zoo: 2nd Sunday at each month from 2-3 pm.
Family friendly presentations feature different animals each month.
Admission to the Franklin Park Conservatory is $19 for adults, $16 for seniors, and $12 for children 3-12 (free under age 2).
Franklin Park Conservatory discounts
Community Days at the Conservatory: On the first Sunday of each month, the Conservatory will be free for residents of Franklin County and the City of Columbus during regular operating hours of 10am to 5pm.
Columbus Member Advantage discount: Members of select attractions and museums in Columbus will receive a $3 discount at Franklin Park Conservatory through the Columbus Member Advantage program. Partners include: Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Columbus, Ohio History Center & Ohio Village, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Pizzuti Collection, Wexner Center for the Arts.
Educator, Military & Student Discounts: Take 10% off any membership category if you are a full-time, active educator or an active or retired military personnel. Present current teacher or military identification at the Visitor’s Center to qualify for this discount. Students (with valid ID) receive 10% off the Individual membership.
FPC passes at the Library: Conservatory Membership Cards are available for checkout at the Martin Luther King and Shepard branches of the Columbus Metropolitan Library. With an active library card, patrons can check out a temporary Conservatory membership card that will grant up to two adults and six children free admission to the Conservatory for 2 days.
Access Pass discounts: The Conservatory provides special discounts to qualifying families to make programming and special events avaialble to all. See website for specific discounts
Save money with Franklin Park Conservatory Membership
Love to explore the various exhibits and events throughout the year? An annual membership would be worth the cost, as they range from $50 – $175. Senior (60+) memberships are just $40, and the $30 Access pass is for families who are eligible for benefit programs.
- Members also receive discounts and free admission at various Reciprocal Admission Discounts to gardens and arboretums across the US.
- You’ll also receive a $3 discount to many of the best museums and attractions in Columbus through the Columbus Member Advantage, including Columbus Museum of Art, Columbus Zoo and Aquarium, Franklin Park Conservatory and Botanical Gardens, LEGOLAND® Discovery Center Columbus, Ohio History Center & Ohio Village, National Veterans Memorial and Museum, Pizzuti Collection, Wexner Center for the Arts.
- ProMusica Chamber Orchestra Special Offer: Conservatory members receive one free ticket to a regular season performance with the purchase of a ticket. Contact the ProMusica box office with current membership number at 614.464.0066.
- Educator, Military & Student Discounts: Take 10% off any membership category if you are a full-time, active educator or an active or retired military personnel. Present current teacher or military identification at the Visitor’s Center to qualify for this discount.
- Students (with valid ID) receive 10% off the Individual membership.
- Access Family Membership ($35) for families in eligible programs with proof of participation: CareSource, Ohio Directions card, Medicaid card, W.I.C. card or Molina card. Franklin Park Conservatory Access memberships are available by mail or at the Visitor Center only.
Franklin Park Conservatory
1777 E Broad St
Columbus, Oh 43203
Looking for other free or cheap craft options for kids?
- Cheap kids craft events at Michaels
- Free Crafts at Lakeshore Learning
- Home Depot Kids’ Workshops
- OSU Urban Arts Space Art Explorations
- Hoot Family Film Series with Crafts (last Saturday of each month)