Catch a movie under the stars at the Columbus Zoo Drive-in Zoovies! The Zoo is turning their parking lot into a drive-in theatre, so you can watch a family movie from your car.
Watch a movie on a big screen for one price per carload. Pack your snacks or purchase a snack pack or limited concessions. You can sit in your car, or on the driver’s side of your car in chairs to enjoy the movie. Two movies are shown each night, and admission is per movie. You can save $10 with the double feature deal if you want to catch 2 movies in one weekend.
Columbus Zoo Drive-in Zoovies
Fri, June 19 – Secret Life of Pets 2 (5:30) or Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (9:30)
Sat, June 20 – Secret Life of Pets 2 (5:30) or Who Framed Roger Rabbit? (9:30)
Fri, June 26 – Pokémon Detective Pikachu (5:30 or 9:30)
Sat, June 27 – Ferris Bueller’s Day Off (5:30 or 9:30)
Fri, July 3 – The Goonies (5:30 or 9:30)
Sat, July 4 – Captain America: Civil War (5:30 or 9:30)
Fri, July 10 – Wonder Park (5:30 or 9:30)
Sat, July 11 – Happy Gilmore (5:30 or 9:30)
Admission for Columbus Zoo Drive-in Zoovies
Tickets are sold in advance, online-only. Admission to the Zoo is not included. If you wish to visit the Zoo on the same day as the movie, you must reserve your admission online in advance with the reservation system. To purchase tickets, go to the Columbus Zoo website, select “tickets”, and the look for “special events” on the menu at the top. You’ll find a drop down menu for “movies” on that tab.
$25 per car per movie for Zoo members (includes one free bag of popcorn)
$30 per car per movie for non-members
$20 Add-on Zooper Snack Pack: 4 bottled beverages, 2 bags of popcorn (or bring your own snacks and drinks!)
Save $10 when you purchase admission for 2 movies in the same weekend!
Parking lot opens 30 minutes before the start of the movie and staff will direct you where to park. Audio will be played through FM radio, so you can bring a portable radio/smartphone radio app if you wish to preserve your vehicle battery. Portable restrooms will be available in the parking lot. Find the full set of rules on the Facebook page.
We’ve seen comments from people complaining about the price, but if you have 5 people in your car, it’s only $5-$6 per person, which is similar to pricing at some other drive-in theatres. Bring your own snacks and dinner to save money! Plus, you’ll help the Zoo rebound from financial losses during the closures while they still had to feed the animals and pay staff to care for the animals.
Other articles of interest
- Columbus Zoo Reopening Plan
- Zoombezi Bay Reopening Plan
- Cedar Point Reopening Plan
- Franklin Park Conservatory Reopening Plan
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020