Need to get out of the house for a little fun? The Fairy Trail at Infirmary Park in Granville, Ohio returns on May 1 for the season!
Take the kids on an adventure through the woods and keep an eye out for fairies as you find approximately 30 little fairy homes, schools, and businesses along the Wildflower Trail.
The fairy trail is a must-do this spring and summer before they migrate south in the fall!
To find the fairy trail continue straight as you enter the park. At the T intersection turn left and park at the lake near shelter 6. Follow the pixie dust map around the lake and look for signs as you approach fairy land along the Wildflower Trail.
Look up, look down, look all around for fairy dwellings! You’ll find homes, a playground, school, shops, library, inns, “city” buildings, a grumpy old gnome home, and even the tooth fairy house. If you visited last year, you’ll find more (and different) dwellings this year!
Once you finish the trail, we encourage you to go through again! We found places that we missed on the first pass! If the trail is marked as one-way this year, you can always start around the loop again for a 2nd trip.
Remind your children to look, but don’t touch, so they don’t upset the fairies (and for the trail to be enjoyed by future guests).
This free family activity is a great way to spend some time together in nature. You can expect to spend about an hour on the trail if you aren’t rushing, but even up to 2 hours if you go through twice.
There are swings and a restroom at the parking area (note: we don’t know if the restroom is unlocked for the season yet). Check Licking Parks District Facebook page for updates.
The trail is open to all during regular park hours and will remain until September. The fairy trail is located along a dirt and grass path through the woods, so it won’t be a smooth ride for a stroller or wheelchair, but it should be possible to get through with some effort.
Fairy Trail details
The Licking Parks District Fairy Trail is located on the Wildflower Trail northeast of Mirror Lake. Follow the signs to the trail from the Shelter 6 parking lot. Signs will direct you along the path to the fairy trail through the woods.
After you are done at the fairy trail, you can walk back the other way around the lake back to the parking lot for a different view of the park.
After you’re done at the Fairy Trail, drive a couple of miles into downtown Granville. Grab some food at Day Y Noche, Three Tigers, Taco Dans, or Elm’s Pizza (or one of the other great places), or dessert at Whit’s. There’s so much to explore in Granville!
4351 Lancaster Road
Want to search for more fairies? Check out the Irish Fairy Door Trail in downtown Dublin! Find all the doors in the local shops, and earn a prize! You find this adventure, and more, in our Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails roundup.
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Sunflower Fields in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Creeking in Columbus: Creeks and other water to explore
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Free outdoor movies around Columbus this Summer
- Farmers Markets in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Best places to pick berries in Columbus
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus