Need some thrills in your life after a boring start to summer at home? Cedar Point reopens in July with a phased reopening, required reservations, masks required, and safety plan in place.
Cedar Point Reopening Phases
June 12-17: Cedar Point’s Hotel Breakers and Lighthouse Point RV sites open June 12 – 27, prior to park opening
July 9-10: Park reopens to 2020 Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders only
July 11: Park is open to Cedar Point Resorts guests and 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold and Platinum Passholders
Shores Waterpark opening date has not yet been announced.
2020 Cedar Point Modifications
Due to limited capacity, all guests, including Season Passholders, must make reservations to visit the park though the Cedar Point mobile app or at cedarpoint.com. Reservations will be made for a specific day and time to visit the park based upon capacity availability. Note: your entry will be valid for the entire day until closing after timed arrival
Prior to park reopening, 2020 Cedar Point Season, Gold or Platinum Passholders will receive an invitation to make reservations first, followed by guests who have pre-purchased day tickets. Reservation availability for guests who have not yet purchased a park ticket will be announced at a later date.
Guests who stay at a Cedar Point Resorts property will have guaranteed entry to the park for each day of their stay, beginning the day after check in, but must purchase a ticket or have a 2020 Season Pass.
Health and Safety Changes
Health Screening: Guests must complete a health screening declaration within the mobile app 24 hours prior to entering the park.
Temperature Screening: Guests and associates will undergo a touchless temperature screening prior to entering the park.
Face Coverings: Guests and associates will be required to wear a mask at all times, except while eating
Social Distancing: Markers and signage will be placed throughout the park to assist with social distancing of at least six feet. Ride seating will allow for appropriate distancing from other guests.
Sanitation: Additional protocols include touchless transactions, limited guest/associate contact, enhanced cleaning procedures, and additional hand sanitization and hand washing stations throughout the park
Prior ticket purchases
If you purchased a ticket for a specific day during the closure, you can use the ticket any day during the operating season through November 1, with a reservation. OR you can request a refund for the specific day admission ticket amount. Unexpired tickets (Good Any Day) may be used on any public operating day through November 1, 2020.
This also applies to specific day Fast Lane purchases, as well as specific day non-admission purchases. For any specific day VIP Experience purchases, please contact the park at www.cedarpoint.com/contact-us to reschedule.
Cedar Point Season Passes extended through 2021
- Regular season pass is $115 online, and includes unlimited visits to Cedar Point through Labor Day 2020 and 2021, exclusive discounts and more. Cedar Point Shores Water Park admission not included.
- Gold Pass Season Passes start at $129 online. Passes include admission to Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores, free parking, special discounts, early ride times and more for less than the cost of two visits.
- Platinum Passes are $220, and includes benefits at Cedar Fair Parks across the country, including Kings Island, Michigan’s Adventure, and more.
Easy Pay Program available for all passes. Make 5 payments after initial purchase installment.
If you purchased a 2020 Regular, Gold and Platinum Season Pass (or 2020 Season Pass Add-On Products), your pass will be extended through the 2021 Season, according to your pass type. Your pass will automatically be extended as long as you have paid in full or remain current on your payments.
Easy Pay Program was as of April 8, 2020. When the park opens, billing will resume. Passholders will need to be current on attempted payments to receive both 2020 and 2021 Season Pass admission and associated benefits. All payments must be current by 12/31/20 in order for your pass to be extended through 2021, and must remain current until account is paid in full. If payment fails, pass will be deactivated until payment is made.
Passes can still be purchased or upgraded while season passes are available, and will be valid through the 2021 season.
The Season Pass Auto-Renewal program will not be in effect for the 2021 Season
Sign your preschoolers up for a Free Pre-K Pass at Cedar Point for kids ages 3-5, and introduce them to all of the fun that Cedar Point and Cedar Point Shores Water Park have to offer through the 2020 operating season. Register online and activate at the park, in person, with proof of age, by September 7, 2020. See more details here.
The 2020 Pre-K Pass will be valid during 2020 only, and will not be extended through 2021. If you purchased Season Pass Add-ons for your 2020 Pre-K Pass, the purchased Add-Ons will be extended through the 2021 season. More details will be released.
Opening dates for the water parks at Cedar Point and Kings Island, both owned by Cedar Fair, have not been determined.
Cedar Point Mobile App
Download the free Cedar Point Mobile App to plan your visit to the park and make reservations when they are available. You can also use the app to complete your health screening before your visit to the park.
About Cedar Point
Cedar Point is A Place Like No Other™ in Sandusky, Ohio. The family destination, celebrating its historic 150th anniversary in 2020, is home to 71 amazing rides, including the award-winning Steel Vengeance hyper-hybrid roller coaster. With beach activities, live shows, three kids’ areas, overnight accommodations and an unmatched Lake Erie setting, it’s easy to see why one day is not enough to discover all that Cedar Point has to offer. The anniversary season includes the new Snake River Expedition family boat ride, the Celebrate 150 Spectacular parade and street party, commemorative anniversary and throwback merchandise, new food locations and more.
Other articles of interest
- Columbus Zoo Reopening Plan
- Zoombezi Bay Reopening Plan
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020