Take a daytrip or overnight to Cleveland to check out the Asian Lantern Festival presented by Meijer at Cleveland Metroparks Zoo. This unique and safe festival is held select dates through Sunday, September 5, 2021.
This year’s festival brings back live performances featuring acrobatics including foot juggling, contortion, martial arts and more (walk-through dates only).
The festival is held as a walk-through event except on drive-through dates, August 11 and 18. No live performances during drive-through dates.
Note: this event is at the Cleveland MetroParks Zoo, NOT the Columbus Zoo. The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo is about 2 hours from Columbus.
The Asian Lantern Festival runs from 6:30 pm – 10:30 pm select nights, and features more than 70 large-scaled illuminated displays. You’ll also enjoy live performances on the Fifth Third Bank Stage and a new interactive zone. Over 1,000 lanterns are placed across several destinations of the Zoo.
Most areas of the Zoo will be open. While some animals will be out and about (such as nocturnal animals), many will naturally be less visible as they return to their sleeping areas.
Tickets for Asian Lantern Festival Walk Through Event
Advance tickets are $18 each for zoo members and $20 each for non-members. Children under 2 are admitted for free. Advance four-pack of tickets is $54 for Cleveland Metroparks members and $60 for non-members. Tickets can be purchased at the box office if they aren’t sold out, and are $22 per ticket for both members and non-members and $66 for four tickets.
Regular Zoo admission does not provide entry to Asian Lantern Festival. If you wish to visit the Zoo to see the animals during the day, you will need to purchase a separate Zoo ticket.
To make the event safe, tickets for the event are limited each night and are selling out! Purchase your tickets in advance if you plan to go!
Details and tickets for Asian Lantern Festival Drive Through Event
Prefer to stay in your car? The Cleveland Metroparks Zoo offers a Drive-Through experience for the Asian Lantern Festival on select nights. The drive-through experience is available from 6:30 pm – 9:30 pm on select nights when the walk-through experience is closed.
Guests must stay in their cars for the entire experience, except in designated safety zones or in an emergency. Vehicle size limited to 20 feet in length, and 6 ½ feet width (no buses, limos, etc)
The average drive-through experience lasts 30-45 minutes, and includes Asian Lantern Festival and Dinosaurs Around the World.
Cost is $54 per car for Cleveland Metroparks Zoo members and $60 per car for non-members. Tickets may sell out, so purchase now!
Cleveland Metroparks Zoo
3900 Wildlife Way
Cleveland, Ohio 44109
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Sunflower Fields in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Creeking in Columbus: Creeks and other water to explore
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Free outdoor movies around Columbus this Summer
- Farmers Markets in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus