Dear ole’ dad…it’s almost his day! Celebrate dad with these restaurants deals and activities for Father’s Day in Columbus on Sunday, June 21!
My “poor” dad has 6 daughters. That’s right…no boys, though he now has sons-in-law and grandsons at least. The above photo captures what it was like every single day for decades in a house with all girls. He deserves this day.
Whether you are celebrating your dad, stepdad, father-in-law, father to your children, grandpa, or some other father-figure in your life, do something special to show him that you appreciate the guidance he has given you in life.
Need a gift idea for Father’s Day? We have a whole list of gifts for dad that he will love! Check out our Father’s Day gift guide here! You can also find meal deals, gift card deals, and more with this list of Father’s Day freebies and discounts.
Buy Local for Dad
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing is creating a deliverable experience for dads with a la carte steaks for the grill and side options, as well as several packaged beer float options. The offerings include:
3 options of beer float ingredient bundles (includes 4-pack or 6-pack of beer, pint of ice cream and branded pint glass for $30):
- Cinnamon Toast Brunch – brandy nutmeg ice cream
- Dire Wolf – espresso ice cream
- Leisurely – strawberry sorbet
Special a la carte Father’s Day cookout item options at Wolf’s Ridge Brewing:
- Angus reserve steaks (ribeye $35 or strip for $45 – served raw with Ludwig’s Kitchen spice blend seasoning, cryo vac, and demi-glace)
- Sides in quarts that feed 2-4: scallion mashed potato ($9), brussel sprouts ($9), or green beans,bacon and onions ($9)
- Desserts: white chocolate dipped confetti cake pops ($3/each) or dark chocolate dipped peanut butter truffle cake pops ($3/each), dark chocolate brownie ($4/each) ice creams ($9/pint)
Readers can order the bundle for order-ahead delivery or carry out on Wolf’s Ridge Brewing’s website. Ordering for the floats will begin this Saturday, June 13th and ordering for food will begin next Tuesday, June 16th.
Do something fun with Dad
Top Golf Dad’s Day Event. Cordell & Cordell, in conjunction with TopGolf, is hosting a free “Dad’s Day” event on Father’s Day weekend. Dad and up to three of children, ages 3 to 18, can enjoy a day of fun at TopGolf from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. on Saturday, June 20. The events include unlimited golf and light food. NOTE: This event is now sold out!
Throw axes with Dad! Check out Throw Nation – ‘Throw Bar’ in Dublin where you can come in, grab a drink and throw everything from axes to footballs at bowling pins. Safety measures are in place. BOOK NOW! Spots will fill up quickly! Use code BESTDAD at check out for 30% off axe throwing!
Free Fishing Days in Ohio for Father’s Day Weekend
It’s free to fish in Ohio this year over Father’s Day Weekend – June 20-21, 2020 – no fishing license required! Check out the Take Me Fishing resources for Ohio, including top spots to fish, rules and regulations, and more.
Go to the Drive-In Movies!
Drive-in theatres are safe and fun!
Easton is also hosting a drive-in series on Tuesdays – Saturdays with great throw-back movies for just $10/car.
Book a canoe trip! Whether it’s a day trip or one of the cool night trips, this will be an outing to remember!
Visit a berry farm
Take dad to pick some berries for Father’s Day in Columbus – red raspberries and blueberries are starting soon! U-pick: Best places to pick berries around Columbus
Sign the kids or grandkids up for Kids Bowl Free and go bowling if your local alley has Sunday hours for Kids Bowl Free (or pick another day!). You can add on a family pass and bowl along with the kids all summer.
Go on an Adventure Trail!
There are lots of fun and tasty adventure trails that you can complete with your dad! From coffee, beer, and cocktails, to tacos, ice cream, and covered bridges, these are a great way to spend time with dad. Most include prizes for completing the trail guides and passports!
Enjoy some donuts
Grab some donuts with Dad! Make some stops on the Columbus Donut Trail during June for the chance to win prizes!
Want to go on an even longer adventure? Head to Butler County to complete the Butler County Donut Trail too!
Dining out (or to-go options) for Father’s Day in Columbus
Wolf’s Ridge Brewing: See to-go options and bundles above.
(some promotions also run before Sunday, so see dates)
See this page for the full list of Father’s Day freebies and discounts
Check out the restaurants on Open Table that are hosting special Father’s Day brunch and meals on Sunday!
(more to be added as restaurants release details)
Friday, July 10, 2020
Saturday, July 11, 2020
Sunday, July 12, 2020
Monday, July 13, 2020
Tuesday, July 14, 2020
Wednesday, July 15, 2020
Other articles of interest
- Columbus Zoo Reopening Plan
- Zoombezi Bay Reopening Plan
- Cedar Point Reopening Plan
- Franklin Park Conservatory Reopening Plan
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020