You’ve heard of bar crawls, wine trails, coffee crawls, and other treks for goodness, but here’s one you don’t want to miss. Butler County is home to the popular Donut Trail in Ohio. The Butler County Donut Trail features 12 family-owned businesses with a combined 300+ years of donut-making experience. The trail is a great way to explore the region and enjoy some tasty pastry.
The Butler County Donut Trail
Travel the self-guided trail, find donut shops and devour delicious donuts. Print off a passport or pick one up at the shops. Once you’ve traveled the trail, you will earn an official Donut Trail t-shirt while available with your completed passport! Each donut shop has varying hours and open days, and most are still open for carryout! Check for open days and times as those may change throughout the Spring.
Due to popular demand the donut shops may sell out, so plan to start the trail early in the morning or hit the destinations on multiple days to complete the trail. Shops will close when they sell out, so call ahead to find out if they are still open. It’s not a race, it’s an adventure, so complete the trail at your leisure through the year.
Offering unique flavors like s’mores, tiger tails, raspberry cheesecake and Reese’s Cup, everyone from school groups to bachelorette parties to family reunions have partaken in the trail and shared their experiences on social media via @DonutTrail.
To learn more about the scrumptious Butler County Donut Trail and print off your passport, visit the website here.
NOTE from the Butler County Visitor’s Bureau: “Due to health and safety concerns, the Donut Trail is temporarily halting in-person fulfillment of T-shirts as of 3/16. Donut Trail T-shirts will not be available for pick up at the Butler County Visitors Bureau office during this time. The public is still welcome to mail-in passports for fulfillment, or drop them in the mailbox located in the vestibule of the BCVB office. We will review this policy at a future date, and we will provide an update. Thank you for your understanding and we hope to be able to welcome you back to the Trail soon. Please stay safe and healthy.”
Need a bigger challenge? The Butler County Donut Trail GeoTour is a separate, but exciting adventure! Find 15 Geocaches, complete a GeoTour Passport and earn a collectible and trackable GeoTour Gecoin. If you want the sweet Donut Trail T-shirt AND the Donut Trail trackable Geocoin you must complete both adventures and each individual Passport program. Learn more about the Donut Trail GeoTour and get your GeoTour Passport today.
Headed from Columbus to take on the Donut Trail? Stop by one of the participating Columbus Coffee Trail locations as you head of out town, and get your passport marked for that trail too!
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts