Red, White & BOOM! has been cancelled for 2020, but the party will still go on (at home)! Organizers and sponsors are partnering together to continue the commemoration of patriotism and family fun with a 4-day Patriotic Red, White & BOOM! TV Event looking back over the years of the tradition of honoring veterans and the largest fireworks show in the Midwest!
4-day Patriotic Red, White & BOOM! TV Event
The 4-night television campaign will air from Wednesday, July 1st – Saturday, July 4th on NBC4. Each show will have a different theme highlighting the best stories of Central Ohio’s annual celebration.
Wednesday, July 1 | 8-9 p.m. – NBC4 Presents the Ford Oval of Honor
NBC4 anchors Colleen Marshall and Kerry Charles pay tribute to the Central Ohio men and women recognized by the Ford Oval of Honor. The Ford Oval of Honor has become a Red, White & BOOM! tradition and NBC4 is proud to share the stories of these common people among us who made the uncommon commitment to serve our country.
Thursday, July 2 | 8-9 p.m. – NBC4 Best of BOOM: The Stories
NBC4 takes a look back at some of the best stories shared through the years as part of Red, White & BOOM!
Friday, July 3 | 8-11 p.m. – NBC4 Presents the BEST of BOOM! LIVE
NBC4 anchors Colleen Marshall and Kerry Charles take a walk down memory lane to remember the BEST of BOOM! Look back at the fun time had along the riverfront and check-in with some old friends! NBC4 will air two of our fireworks shows from the last 39 years – in their entirety!
Saturday, July 4 | 10-11 p.m. – NBC4 Best of Boom: Celebrating Independence
NBC4’s Colleen Marshall and Kerry Charles share stories from Central Ohio heroes whose actions have allowed us to keep our independence. And, we share one more of our favorite Red, White & BOOM! fireworks displays!
According to Ken Freedman, VP & General Manager of NBC4, “Instead of a huge party on the Scioto Mile, NBC4 and our partners plan a multi-day TV, Digital and Social media event. With 39 years of archived video and stories, we promise a fascinating and exciting look at “Red, White & BOOM!” over the years that will end with a blast!”
About Red, White & BOOM! (RW&B)
Red, White & BOOM! is a nonprofit 501 (c) 3 organization, 92% privately funded with a volunteer board of directors. It is the largest Independence Day celebration in the Midwest attracting more than 400,000 people annually to downtown Columbus. NBC4 (WCMH-TV), G&J Pepsi, WNCI and Encova Insurance work diligently to keep the spirit and tradition of Red, White & BOOM! alive for current and future generations.
See other changes for 4th of July events around Columbus here
Other articles of interest
- Columbus Zoo Reopening Plan
- Franklin Park Conservatory Reopening Plan
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020