Red, White, and Boom is cancelled for 2020.
Red, White and Boom! will hopefully return in 2021 at the Downtown riverfront and Arena District in Columbus, Ohio. This annual festival features music, entertainment, children’s activities, and food on the Scioto Mile, Nationwide Blvd., Long Street, and North Bank Park beginning at noon.
For 2020, Red, White, and Boom will be a 4-day televised event looking back over the years of the tradition of honoring veterans and the largest fireworks show in the Midwest! See full details here.
You can arrive as early as 6 p.m. the day before to claim a spot – and believe me, some people do arrive that early! That’s not a typo- you can set up the night before with personal canopies, tarps and blankets after 6pm the day before (no stakes allowed).
You can also sign up for the Charity Day 5K on July 2 at 6:30 p.m. The race will start and finish next to the BOOM! with a entertaining post-race party hosted by Red, White & Boom.
Red White & Boom activities
Arrive early with the kids and enjoy the Columbia Gas’ Children’s Park at Neil Ave. and Long St will feature interactive activities for kids of all ages including: COSI on Wheels, carnival games, inflatables, face painters, balloon twisters and more.
Or stop by Party on the Park Beer Garden at Spring and Neil. This is the only area at BOOM! with craft beer and liquor, and you’ll enjoy live music all day. Additional stages are located at Bicentennial Park and Long and Hanover, with music beginning at noon.
The Ford Oval of Honor Red, White & BOOM! Parade, presented by Central Ohio Ford Dealers will begin at 5:30 p.m. and will start on the Main St. Bridge. The parade will march east on Main St., turn north on Front St., and disband at Spring. St.
No matter what you do earlier in the evening, don’t miss the REAL star of the event, the fireworks, which will begin at 10:00 p.m., near Genoa Park with the largest fireworks display of the Midwest, lasting approximately 26 minutes!
For directions, parking, and more information, check out the Red, White and Boom website.
If you need more after this day-long event, the official Red, White & Boom afterparty is at The Three Legged Mare in the Arena District.
Other articles of interest
- Virtual Events Calendar
- Stuck at home? On demand and Virtual Events and Entertainment
- Virtual tours, on demand videos and live streams for kids
- Fun and Free Educational Resources for Kids
- Community resources and activities in Columbus during Coronavirus cancellations
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Ways to get cocktails, beer, and wine delivery in Columbus
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Pre-order Farmers Markets goods from vendors offering pickup/delivery
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Schools and restaurants offering free lunch for kids
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- DIY Take and Make Kits in Columbus
- Virtual offerings with the Wexner Center for the Arts