Looking for your next summer adventure? Lancaster, Ohio, is just a short drive from Columbus and home to an epic 10-day festival (because one weekend just isn’t enough time for all the fun!). Mark your calendars because the Lancaster Festival is just down the road and jam-packed with exciting events.
From Wednesday, July 17 to Saturday, July 27, Lancaster will be buzzing with music, art, family and (in most cases) free activities.
For music lovers seeking affordable shows:
- July 17: The festival is grooving from day 1 with the annual Covered Bridge Series featuring Chuck Prophet and Mission Express. Tickets are just $20.
- July 19, 22, 24, 26: Sprinkled throughout the festival are four Café Concerts featuring award-winning composers. Tickets for each concert are also $20.
- July 19 & 22-27: FREE, live music downtown during “Noon at the Square.” Columbus’ very own Honey & Blue is just one of the anticipated performers.
- July 20: Country star Sara Evans will perform and fireworks will follow the show. Tickets, including a VIP Meet and Greet Package, are available for purchase.
- July 24: Blufett, a Jimmy Buffet tribute band, will transport you to Margaritaville. Tickets start at $5 for kids, $15 for students and $20 for adults.
- July 27: Iconic rock band KANSAS is the festival’s grand finale, with table and lawn seats available for purchase.
For the artist who loves supporting local:
- July 13 & 14: The brand-new program, Festival U, is a preview to the festival, giving the community an exclusive, FREE look at the creative process behind building a festival.
- July 17-19: Community members will turn the streets of Downtown Lancaster into an amazing gallery during Italian Street Painting, a festival favorite. A painting registration fee is required.
- July 19: Main Street will close from 6-9 p.m. for the annual ArtWalk, where dozens of businesses and galleries showcase local and regional artists, accompanied by live music and food vendors.
For the whole family:
- July 20: An all-day event, the Festival Fair Day is jam-packed with scavenger hunts, llamas (yes, llamas), sand sculpting, a climbing wall and more! Kids get in FREE; adult tickets are $5.
- July 22-26: All week long, 9-12 year olds can attend the FREE art program Major Arts for Minors, where they’ll learn about clay, painting, photography, drama and book illustrations. Registration is required.
- July 25: The Family Video Games Live! concert is one of the most anticipated events of the festival. The Lancaster Festival Orchestra will perform video game music with synchronized lighting and video clips, as well as several interactive segments with the audience. Tickets required.
Other festival events include: happy hours with live performances, Legally Blonde the Musical, Rising Park Day (full of family events), Bike Races for Kids and so much more!
Check out the full 2019 schedule for event times and details.