The Ohio State Fair is going on from July 24 – August 4, 2019! Gates are open from 9 a.m. – 10 p.m. every day except August 4 until 7 p.m.
As one of the largest state fairs in the United States, the Ohio State Fair is sure to have all of the food, competitions, games, animals, vendors, ride, exhibitions, activities, concerts, and fun that you can handle. Let’s not forget the fried everything to eat. Literally everything. Don’t forget to check out the Butter Cows, catch a concert, grab awesome fair food, and so much more.
Click here to see the concerts and entertainment scheduled for the fair, including Kidz Bop World Tour, Chris Young, Lyfe Jennings / Chanté Moore / Carl Thomas, Hank Williams Jr., Toby Keith, REO Speedwagon, Bad Company, and more. Tickets vary depending on concert.
There are several ways to get discounted Ohio State Fair admission tickets. You can purchase $6 tickets (save $4) through August 4 at Kroger and participating AAA locations (with AAA membership). Purchase ride-all-day wristband vouchers (to be redeemed at the Fair for a wristband) for only $20 at Kroger stores through July 24 only.
New this year, get your print-at-home or mobile-delivery $6 admission tickets (through Aug. 4) and your $20 ride-all-day wristbands (through July 23 only) with no order processing fees at ticketmaster.com/ohiostatefair.*
Wednesday, July 24
- WSYX/WTTE Opening Day – $3 admission until 3 pm.
Thursday, July 25
- Telhio & Ronald McDonald House Charities Day
When you bring one of the following “wish list” items per person to a booth outside the gates, you’ll receive a voucher good for $3 admission before 6 pm: new packages of sandwich or snack baggies, kitchen trash bags, aluminum foil, plastic food wrap or canned food. All donations will support families at Ronald McDonald House Charities of Central Ohio.
- PBS KIDS®/WOSU Day
Join WOSU Public Media from 10 am – 3 pm in Central Park for a chance to meet your favorite PBS KIDS® characters including Daniel Tiger, Katerina Kittycat, Super Why, Nature Cat and more! Enjoy family-friendly activities and check out a live radio broadcast.
Friday, July 26
- Meijer Day –Spend $100 on one receipt at Meijer between July 12 – July 25, 2019 and receive two free admission tickets by showing your dated receipt at a booth outside the entrance gates on this day only.
Sunday, July 28
- Veterans & Military Day – Free admission for veterans and active military with appropriate identification.
Monday, July 29
- NBC4 Family Value Day – Until 6 pm, adults will be admitted for the kids’ admission price of $8, and kids 12 and under will be admitted free. With the purchase of one wristband, a second rider can ride free until 6 pm with a hand stamp. After 6 pm, all riders will need either a wristband or vouchers to ride.
Tuesday, July 30
- Senior Day – Seniors ages 60 and up can enjoy reduced admission of just $4 at the gate all day long. In addition, all fairgoers are invited to enjoy a free performance of a John Denver Tribute featuring Ted Vigil in the WCOL Celeste Center at 1 p.m.
Thursday, August 1
- AAA “Show Your Card and Save” Day – AAA members: Show your current membership card at a booth outside entrance gates to receive $4 admission vouchers for each member in your party.
Friday, August 2
- Ohio Lottery Day – Present a non-winning Ohio Lottery ticket at a booth outside entrance gates to receive a $4 admission voucher.
Saturday, August 3
- 811 Day sponsored by Marathon Pipe Line – Marathon Pipe Line proudly welcomes everyone to the Fair today and reminds them to ALWAYS call 811 before digging!
Ohio State Fair Ticket Prices
Adults (ages 13-59) $10
Youth (ages 5-12) $8
Senior (ages 60+) $8
Children (under five) Free
Ride-All-Day Wristband Vouchers – $25
Advanced Sale Admission – $6 (Kroger, AAA, participating Ohio O’Reilly Auto Parts stores)
Advanced Sale Wristbands (available through July 24 only) – $20 at Kroger stores
Parking – $5
Want to save some serious green on delicious Fair food or shopping this year? Printer-friendly vendor coupons for the Ohio State Fair are available to download now. Visit www.ohiostatefair.com to download and print cost-savings coupons on food and other Fair goodies.
photos courtesy of Ohio State Fair