In addition to school supplies and clothes, back-to-school season also means its time for vaccines for some kids. If you don’t have a well child visit scheduled with a pediatrician or family doctor, there are regularly scheduled vaccine clinics at Franklin County Public Health.
Clinics are available by appointment only, on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays, from 9 am – 3 pm at 280 East Broad Street, Columbus, 43215. To schedule an appointment, please call (614) 525-3719 or click on the schedule option on the immunization web page. Many insurance providers are accepted for immunizations. No uninsured or under-insured child is turned away if the cost is not affordable – Vaccines For Children (VFC) program is a federally funded program that provides vaccines at no cost to children who might not otherwise be vaccinated because of inability to pay.
Items to bring for Vaccine Clinics
- Immunization (shot) record
- Cash or checkbook (FCPH does not take credit/debit cards)
- Insurance card
- Consent form, if the adult bringing in a child is not legal guardian/parent
- Photo ID for adult accompanying child
Here’s a link for the required vaccines for school attendance in Ohio for the 2019-2020 school year.
See clinic location details and then schedule online or call (614) 525-3719 to schedule an appointment.
Note: They are NOT offering COVID-19 vaccinations at regularly scheduled clinics. Please visit FCPH COVID-19 designated website at vax2normal.org/vaccine/ for more information.
Franklin County Public Health offers the following immunizations at vaccine clinics:
Diphtheria, Tetanus, Pertussis (DTaP)
Haemophilus influenza type b (Hib)
Human Papillomavirus (HPV) – Gardasil 9
Measles, Mumps, Rubella (MMR)
Meningococcal B (Bexsero)
Pneumococcal Conjugate (Prevnar 13)
Pneumococcal Polysaccharide (Pneumovax 23)
Shingrix (Shingles) – On backorder. Please call for availability.
Tetanus, Diphtheria (Td)
Tetanus, Diphtheria, Pertussis (Tdap)
Varicella (chicken pox)
Other articles of interest
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Sunflower Fields in Columbus
- Nature walks and scenic hiking trails in Columbus
- Creeking in Columbus: Creeks and other water to explore
- Best Places for Canoeing and Kayaking in Columbus
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Free outdoor movies around Columbus this Summer
- Farmers Markets in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus
- Best places to pick berries in Columbus
- The best Dog Parks in Columbus
- Best photography locations in Columbus