If you or someone you know is fighting cancer, Cleaning for a Reason Foundation can help on the home front. This nonprofit organization offers free professional housecleaning and free maid services for patients who are undergoing treatment for any type of cancer.
A local insured and bonded professional house cleaning service will provide up to 1 free general cleaning per month for 1-2 months for those who are currently in cancer treatment. Patients must fill out an online application and if registration is successful, a doctor’s verification must be submitted. If a maid service is available, they will contact the patient directly.
There are participating maid services in and around Columbus, throughout Ohio, and the rest of the United States.
Note: this program used to be open only to women with cancer, but now provides services for any man, woman, or child with cancer.
Other articles of interest
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus and upcoming garden events
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Discounted and Free Museum Days in Columbus
- Find over 125 free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- Huge list of Happy Hours all over Columbus