Ice skating is a favorite wintertime activity, and there are several options for ice skating in Columbus, whether you want to brave the outdoor cold on skating ponds, or stick to indoor ice skating rinks.
Ice skate rental is not available at most outdoor skating rinks, and costs extra at indoor skating rinks. If you plan to skate several times, you’ll want to purchase your own pair of ice skates. Amazon has a ice skates or all ages at all prices, or you could check Play-it-Again Sports to see if they have any used ice skates in stock. Ice skates are also available at many big box stores and sporting stores.
Note: It’s important to check links before you go to make sure there aren’t any scheduled changes, and to be aware of safety requirements. Reservations and/or masks may be required.
Looking to go sledding? Check out this big list of sledding hills in Columbus.
Indoor Ice Skating in Columbus
Easton, Lewis Center, Dublin and Downtown Ice Haus: Check public skate times and pricing for each location. Tickets for admission and skate rental MUST be purchased in advance for public skate in 2020. See rules changes:
- Upon arrival at the rink, we will scan your electronic ticket at the front desk.
- Admission is $8, all ages, all sessions. Skate rental is $3.
- Hometown Ticketing charges a small handling fee in addition to our admission price.
- Tickets will go on sale at Noon the day prior to each session.
- Customers may purchase a maximum of 6 admissions.
- Building access will be limited to 15 minutes before and after the Public Skate session you are attending.
- It is the responsibility of all participants to observe and maintain proper social distancing while on the ice. Failure to do so may result in loss of ice time.
- No Refunds or Transfers
- Sessions may be cancelled due to insufficient registrations. We will provide as much notice as possible and apply credits or refunds as applicable.
390 Woody Hayes Drive, Columbus. Phone: (614)292-4154
Did not reopen to the public in 2020; check back in 2021.
936 Sharon Valley Rd, Newark. Phone: (740) 349-6784
Admission $3-$6, skate rental is $3.
Outdoor Ice Skating in Columbus
Most outdoor ice skating options won’t open until the weather is consistently cold and below freezing for a period of time. Please check links to verify if outdoor rinks are open. Indoor ice skating options are listed below.
Coffman Park in Dublin, 5200 Emerald Parkway, Dublin.
Hours (when open) are weekdays from 3 – 8:30 pm and weekends and school cancellations days from 10 am – 8:30 pm. Fireplaces in the pavilion provide for a nice warm up; restrooms are available. Skates are not available for rental. Hockey is not permitted. Signs will be posted along Coffman Drive when open, or check the City of Dublin website or on Dublin Parks website.
Blendon Woods, 4265 East Dublin Granville Road, Columbus, OH 43017.
Skating Pond: Winter outdoor enthusiasts will enjoy this one-foot deep, 0.4 acre pond
Battelle Darby Creek, 3711 Gardner Road, Georgesville OH 43123.
1/2 acre, 16 inch deep pond.
Delaware State Park, 5202 US Route 23 North, Delaware, OH 43015.
Sledding hills and ice rink available.
Orange Township Glen Oak Park, 7126 Blue Holly Drive.
The pond is drained in the winter to less than 24″ deep. The ice thickness is measured on a regular basis for safety
Remember…please DO NOT skate on any of these ponds when the No Skating signs are posted.
Special outdoor ice skating rinks
These options are only open during the holiday season
Partners Park, 125 E. Sixth St., Marysville, OH 43040
Saturday, December 12, 2020 – January 3, 2021 (closed Christmas Day). Skates provided. Outdoor heaters. 72′ x 40′ rink. CPR/First Aid staffed.
December 19th – 30th, 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm (Closed December 25th)
December 31st, 2:00 pm to 10:00 pm
January 1st – 3rd, 2:00 pm to 8:00 pm
- To assist with maintaining social distance for the safety of our patrons the maximum number of people allowed on the rink at one time will be 25. Real-time occupancy data will be available on the Ice Rink Occupancy Dashboard. Patrons are encouraged to check the occupancy status prior to visiting the rink.
- Face coverings must be worn at all times by everyone except for one of the reasons stated by the State health order. Free face masks will be available for patrons.
The Corner of Paint & 4th in Chillicothe
November 20 – December. Thursday: 4pm-8pm, Friday: 12p – 8pm, Saturday: 12p-8p, Sunday: 12p-8p. CLOSED on December 23, 24, and 25.
Admission is just $5.
- Masks required for those over age 4, temperature checks will be performed
- Check out their schedule of events on Facebook, including the cast of Frozen, Santa, and more!
- Mighty Children’s Museum admission is $6. Hours: Wednesday: 9a-4p, Thursday: 9a-4p, Friday: 9a-4p, Saturday: 9a-4p