With St. Patrick’s Day falling on Saturday, March 17, you know it will be a busy, party-filled day! Make your plans now, so there will be no shortage of green beer, Guinness, or Irish whiskey in your life. Some parties, dinners, and races require advanced registration, so click on the links for details. Please leave a comment or email email@example.com if you know of other events.
Need a kilt for your St. Patrick’s Day partying? You can RENT A KILT from Ha’penny Bridge Imports of Ireland in Dublin for just $5! How awesome is that?!
Anytime through the year
- The Irish Fairy Doors of Dublin Trail: Fun event for this season or anytime. Pick up your Trail Guide at the Irish Fairy Garden in the Visitors Center (9 South High Street) and follow the path on your trail guide through Historic Dublin to 8 different businesses to find tiny magical fairy doors. Find the name of each resident fairy, fill in your passport and return your completed passport to the Dublin Visitor & Information Center (9 S. High St.) for a FREE Fairy Doors of Dublin t-shirt.
- Celtic Cocktail Trail in Dublin: Enjoy a delicious beverage at each of these uniquely Dublin Celtic Cocktail destinations and redeem great prizes! Complete 5 trail stops and redeem a commemorative koozie. Complete all 11 stops and score an exclusive Celtic Celtic Cocktail t-shirt! Take your time completing this trail – no need to complete in one day!
Friday, March 9
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner at Dublin Community Church: Dinner and Irish dancing starting at 6 pm. inner and Irish dancing. Meal includes corned beef & root vegetables or fish & macaroni and cheese. Each meal includes a drink, Irish soda bread, and dessert. Now Accepting Reservation. Cost $6.00 Children $12.00 Adults
Saturday, March 10
- Dublin St. Patrick’s Day Parade: Lions Club pancake breakfast, Inflation Celebration, and the huge Parade, following by fun at shops and restaurants in the district.
- Dublin Ohio Blarney Bash: Kid-friendly! Head over after the Dublin parade with bands, beverages, and blarney. Wee folk area available until 3 pm. Buy tickets in advance to save $3 each, 12 and under are free.
- The San Patricios -St. Practice Day! at Claddagh Irish Pub
Sunday, March 11
- Kids eat free and Irish Jam Session at Claddagh Irish Pub
Tuesday, March 13
- Irish Literature Nights: Ulysses with Dr. Knowles at Claddagh Irish Pub
Thursday, March 15
- Karaoke Thursdays at Claddagh Irish Pub
Friday, March 16
- St. Practice Day and St. Baldrick’s at Fado: The St. Baldrick’s Head Shaving event will kick off the party, followed by a warm-up to St. Patrick’s Day, including live music, drinks, and so much more!
Saturday, March 17
- Flannagan’s St. Patrick’s 5k: Run the 5K before the huge St. Patrick’s Day party on March 17 – you’ll get a long-sleeved technical tee and 2 free passes to the party.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Three-Legged Mare: Opens at 6 am; grab a Bloody Mary and some breakfast before the parade. All you can eat brunch buffet for $16.95 from 6 am till 11 am, plus live entertainment all day! The Rice Brothers will start at 7 am, followed by the Shamrock Club pipe and drum band. The Kells will be on at 1 pm, and Three Quarter Jukebox will finish out the night. Kid-friendly until 8 pm.
- Pub Mahone (Downtown Columbus): Opens at 8 am, where you’ll enjoy live music by the Buckeye Paddys from Athlone, Ireland, and their famous recipe Fish ‘n Chips. No cover charge, and they are along the parade route. The band will be playing on Friday night and Sunday too.
- Flannagan’s St. Patrick’s Day Bash: Free early breakfast, 5k run/walk, live entertainment all day, green beer, food, and Irish fun.
- St. Patrick’s Day Mass, Parade and Irish Family Reunion at St. Patrick’s Church and the Convention Center with live music, Irish dancing, food and more. Reserve tickets, table, and parking in advance.
- Shamrock Hike at Clear Creek: 10 am – noon. Enjoy a 4-mile backcountry hike and see winter greenery in the hills.
- St. Patrick’s Day Skate at Skate Zone 71: Little Kids Skate from 10:00am-12:00pm or Family Skate from 12:30-3:00pm
Wear GREEN & Receive $2.00 Admission! Admission: Unless Otherwise Noted Admission for Children and Adults $9.00. Skate Rental: $4.00, Rollerblade Rental: $5.00
- St. Patrick’s Day Skating Party at United Skates of America: 10:30am-12:30pm. Wear Green & receive $2.00 Admission, Non-skating adults admitted FREE. Admission: $5.00, Skate Rental: $3.50, Rollerblade Rental: $3.50
- Grandview Heights Leprechaun Hunt: 11:30 am – 2:30 pm Go on a city scavenger hunt to find the Leprechaun. Register online for this FREE event (spots are limited!), first 75 registered gets a goody bag. Start at Wyman Woods to receive your map and first clue with directions of which businesses to visit. Each participating business will have an activity for you to complete to get the next clue. Giveaways will be handed out by local businesses.
- St. Patrick’s Day Scavenger Hunt at Blacklick Woods: Go on a scavenger hunt for green things in the park from 1-4 pm.
- Annual St. Patrick’s Day Pub Crawl in the Arena and Park Street Districts. Register in advance to save $5 and guarantee an event t-shirt.
- St. Patrick’s Day at Claddagh: Kegs and Eggs, live music, Irish dancing and performers, and more.
- St. Paddy’s Day at The Blarney Stone Tavern (2151 W. Dublin-Granville Rd): Irish atmosphere and fun, plus Chris Logsdon Live starting at 10:00 am.
- Byrne’s Pub: Irish music and entertainment from noon until closing at this iconic Irish pub tent party
- St. Patrick’s Day Block Party at Fado, featuring Kegs and Eggs, live music, Irish dancing and more.
- St. Patrick’s Day 4 Miler at Kinsale Golf Club, followed by party and concert by SWAGG (family and friends can join you for the concert afterwards
- St. Patrick’s Day Dinner at Wyandotte Winery. Reservations required.
Other Irish Pubs to check out (always fun on St. Patrick’s Day!)
- Brazenhead Dublin
- Brazenhead Grandview
- Dublin Village Tavern (Dublin)
- McClellan’s Pub (Sawmill Rd)
- Cavan Irish Pub (Merion Village)
- The Three-Legged Mare (Arena District)
- Tommy O’Bryan’s Pub (Polaris/Westerville)
- Paddy Mac’s Pub (North High)
Sunday, March 18
- Kids eat free and Irish Jam Session at Claddagh
- Survivor’s Party at Byrne’s Pub: Irish music and entertainment from 4 pm until 11 pm at this iconic Irish pub
Unconfirmed for 2018
- St. Patrick’s Day at the Shamrock Club with Irish music, food, and drinks
- Kegs and Eggs at Whole Foods locations (Dublin, Upper Arlington, Easton): Fill your plate at our breakfast hot bar for $8 and grab a $2 Great Lakes Conway’s Irish Ale draft from 7 – 10:30 am.
- St. Patrick’s Day fun at Soine Vineyards. Free, but you must wear green! “Kiss the Lucky Irish Moose” which has become one of our long-standing traditions. Receive a lucky Irish chocolate when you “Kiss the Moose” (pairs well with any one of our red wines)!