Wildlights is back at the Columbus Zoo and Aquarium this year as a fantastic holiday tradition, and you won’t want to miss this event powered by AEP Ohio. From Friday, November 17, 2017 – Monday, January 1, 2018, you can check out the festivities at the Zoo featuring displays of millions of LED lights and holiday fun. New fun for this year includes appearances by Rudolph and the adorable snow monster, Bumble.
Some of the features of Wildlights include:
- Sparkling Spruce: The 42-ft. LED-powered tree. This 21 century tree presents the show “Candela: The Evolution of Light” featuring light and sound displays to delight visitors of all ages.
- Santa’s Holiday Home at Battelle Ice Bear Outpost: Santa will be available for photos and to here the kids’ wishlists through December 23; additional fees apply
- Animated Musical Light Shows around Conservation Lake featuring holiday rhythms. Enjoy the show every 30 minutes, starting at 5:45 p.m.
- Character Christmas Show at the Animals on Safari Stage: Join the Character Ambassadors in celebrating the season in a musical whimsical way, and meet the characters after the show.
- Tinsel Town: A Pop Culture Christmas in Asia Quest: This fun attraction plays tribute to the characters of favorite Holiday television shows and movies.
- Holiday Dreams presented by Disney on Ice: Dream Big at My House at Habitat Hollow
- Polar Bear Express Train Ride: $2 per rider
- Camel Rides: Heart of Africa will be closed, but the camels will be giving rides through the season. $7 per ride
- Santa’s Reindeer Corral
- Oak Ridge Bears Jingle Jamboree at Battelle Ice Bear Outpost. The animated bears will entertain with at holiday set every 30 minutes, starting at 5 p.m.
- 4D Theater Experiences: (additional fees apply)
Regular zoo admission rates apply; free for Columbus Zoo and Aquarium members. Admission $19.99 adult, $14.99 children 3-9 and adults over 60. Franklin County residents receive a $5 discount with valid driver’s license, state-issued ID or a current utility bill to receive the Franklin County pricing. Purchase tickets online to save $1 (plus save time at the gates – can show admission on your smartphone). Parking is $10/car, free for members. Hot Chocolate will be available for purchase on those chilly evenings! Dress warm, but there are plenty of indoor holiday activities where you can warm up.
Wildlights Hours: Sunday-Thursday: 5:00PM-9:00PM Friday-Saturday: 5:00PM-10:00PM. Many animals will be inside during Wildlights, so arrive earlier in the day if you wish to view the animals; all-day admission is included. Zoo opens daily at 10 am.
Please note the Zoo is closed on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve, and Christmas Day.
Special Wildlights Dates:
- Thursday, November 16 is Member Preview Night from 5 – 9 p.m. Don’t miss the Tree Lighting Ceremony of the animated 42 inch tall Sparkling Spruce. Enjoy complimentary hot chocolate and cookies at Water’s Edge Park (while supplies last), meet Character and Animal Ambassadors, plus many more activities. More details will be released closer to the event.
- Friday, November 17 is Stuff a Truck Food Drive – bring 5 cans of food per guest for free admission and parking after 5 p.m.
Columbus Zoo and Aquarium