The end of August and Labor Day weekend means that the pools are closing, and the dog days of summer are over. Let your pooch have one last dog day of summer! Many community pools offer dog swims at the end of the season before they drain and clean the pools. These events are open to well-behaved dogs and most do not allow humans in the water with the pups due to hygiene issues and due to the fact that the water is no longer being treated with chemicals. Call locations or check links for details and rules of the dog swims.
NOTE: Events in italics have not been updated for 2018
Dog Swims around Columbus
Tuesday, September 4
September 4 from 5-7 pm. Only dogs are permitted in the pool.
510 Park Ave. Marysville, OH 43040
Dogs of all sizes are welcome! This event is open to all Bexley Residents (member or non-member). All owners will be required to sign a liability waiver upon entrance and provide current vaccinations. Only dogs will be permitted in the pools.
2100 Clifton Ave., Bexley
- 5-6p Small Dogs (Under 50lbs)
- 6-7p Large Dogs (Over 50 lbs)
Wednesday, September 5
This event is open to residents of Dublin and their guests. Each dog attending must have an adult (18 years or older) with them at all times. You must be in control of your dog at all times. Any dog that is aggressive towards other dogs or people is asked to leave, and does not receive a refund. When your dog is in the water you must take them off their leash. Spectators are free and welcome to enjoy this howling good time.
Dublin Community Pool South, 6363 Woerner Temple Rd., Dublin, Ohio 43017
- Free with donation to the Capital Area Humane Society: Dry/Canned dog or cat food and lightly used fleece blankets. Donations must be brought at the time of entry to receive free admittance or $5 per dog (residents), $7 per dog (Dublin resident guests)
- Dogs under 50 pounds: 5:30–6:30 p.m.
- Dogs over 50 pounds: 6:45–7:45 p.m.
Thursday, September 6
Grab Man’s Best Friend, your camera and his/her favorite fetch toy, towel & leash and head to the outdoor water park for an evening of fun. Humans are not permitted in the pool. Registrants must provide up to date dog vaccination records to be admitted. If you do not want to wait in line, register in advance at the Groveport Recreation Center.
7370 Groveport Road, Groveport, OH 43125
- Thursday, Sept. 6 from 6:00 pm – 8:00 pm
- Admission: $2/dog, but humans are free
Bring your dog to swim in our pool! Each dog attending must have an adult (18 years or older) with them and they must be in control of their dog at all times. When your dog is in the water you must take them off their leash. Dogs will be the only ones permitted in the water. NO SWIMMING with the dogs.
400 W Dublin Granville Rd, Worthington, Ohio 43085
- Thursday, September 6 from 5:30pm – 7:30 pm.
- Admission $5 per dog
- In addition we will also be accepting the following to be donated to the Franklin County Dog Shelter: Dry/Canned dog and lightly used fleece blankets.
Sunday, September 9
Bring your pooch to the pool for a special swim time for dogs. All dogs are required to have proof of license and immunizations.
Highlands Park Aquatic Center, 245 S. Spring Rd., Westerville.
- $5 per dog
- 1:30 – 2:30 p.m. (Dogs under 25 lbs)
- 2:30 – 4:30 p.m. (All dogs)
Sunday, September 9 from 1-4 pm. Must show proof of current vaccinations and tags
341 Harrow Blvd. | Phone — 614-342-4269
- Small dogs 1-2 pm;
- large dogs 2-4 pm
- Admission: $5/dog
Events not updated for 2018 – details added when released
Doggie Dippin’ at Hilliard East Municipal Pool: Will not be held in 2018 as they get ready for Phase 2 of construction
Want more doggie fun?