Make a date with some friends to have a drink and get creative – virtually with Columbus Museum of Art. Join the Creative Happy Hour with CMA via Zoom on Thursday, June 18, 5:45 – 7:00 p.m.
Creative Happy Hour with CMA is a virtual meet up to create and connect from home. Invite a friend, and grab the beverage of your choice to start creating. At the end, you’ll have enjoyed time with your friends, and created something to send to someone else!
CMA Studio Manager Megan Green will lead participants in creating small works of art ready to mail to brighten someone else’s day. The group is making DIY Postcard Art, ready to mail to a friend or loved one you miss, or have an opportunity to share and request postcard art with others in Creative Happy Hour. This program is free and open to all. No art experience required.
Creative Happy Hour with CMA
Postcards will be made from recycled materials such as cardboard (from recyclables: cereal, pasta, and cracker boxes) and ephemera (such as Junk Mail, Old Magazines, Newspaper, Cardstock, Photos). You’ll need other basic supplies such as ruler, scissors, markers/sharpie, glue, modge podge or tape, and a plastic ID card/credit card for smoothing. For the ephemera, find pieces, images, phrases that speak to you (or your intended recipient). Save the whole page or cut out around shapes, words or graphics before the Happy Hour starts.
Download the Creative Happy Hour Toolkit for full details. Includes a supply list of collage materials, and a mood-lifting playlist curated by CMA Staff.
BAR + ART + MUSIC
5:45 – 6:00 Social Time
6:00 – 6:45 Art Making Activity
6:45 – 7:00 Show and Tell Time
Register to receive an email with the Zoom Meeting ID.
Sharing your experience? Please use: #myCMAatHome and #myCMAstudio
Follow along with Columbus Museum of Art Facebook page for more fun events and inspiration while you’re at home.
Other articles of interest
- Columbus Zoo Reopening Plan
- Zoombezi Bay Reopening Plan
- Cedar Point Reopening Plan
- Franklin Park Conservatory Reopening Plan
- Free or cheap events this weekend in Columbus
- What’s open in Ohio: Reopening phases and what you need to know
- Drive in Theatres in Ohio
- Fun and Tasty Adventure Trails in Ohio
- Ultimate guide to Columbus restaurants with pickup and delivery
- Food freebies, delivery, and cheap eats in Columbus
- Farmers Markets in Columbus (and the changes for 2020)
- Farm delivery and CSA’s in Columbus for local produce, meat, and dairy
- Freebies for healthcare workers and frontline employees
- Senior shopping hours in Columbus stores
- Skip the stores: Grocery pickup and delivery in Columbus
- The most beautiful public gardens in Columbus
- Planetariums and Astronomy: Best places to see the stars in Ohio
- Walking labyrinths in Columbus and Central Ohio
- Caverns, animals, and more at Olentangy Indian Caverns
- Easton Drive-in Movies Sunset Series
- Explore the Magical Fairy Trail in Granville
- Details about Splash Pads in Columbus for 2020